The best shot of the round

Greenside bunker, about 45 feet to the hole. Standing outside the bunker, 58° and threw it just left of the pin, two hops and rolled in the cup for a birdie.

After hammering my drive and leaving 85 to the flag. I hit my 48 wedge with an open face and was 2 inches from jarring it on the fly. The ball stopped less than 6 inches from the hole right next to the pitch mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was working on getting my "draw" under control with my irons...managed to hit nice draws on 3 of 4 par 3's with the best being the shot below...normally i would take a 7i at a blue pin but i was hitting the 7 a bit longer earlier in the round so i drew an 8i right of the pin...left the bird putt just short but hey, i can kinda control a draw now :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Screenshot (95).png

Smashed a drive but was unlucky to catch the very edge of a tree leaving 195 into the wind to the pin. Smashed my 5 hybrid with a bit of a draw to leave it pin high about 12 feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt but was very happy to nail that approach.

6iron from 192 up the hill to a back pin,within 8 feet.Drained the birdie.

Managed a decent stab with driver on Saturday

Par 4 14th hole, slightly uphill all the way, and plays roughly 315-320yds from the tee, trees along the right as you get nearer the green, so if you miss the fairway you could end up being blocked by them. The green is also protected by 2 bunkers and about 40yds short of the green there is a small mound that used to be thick with rough, but it has been cut down now and isn't as bad

Stood on the tee and decided to just take a lash at the ball, and promptly piped the best shot of the day straight up the right half of the fairway and finished in the rough mound that I don't normally reach, so somewhere in the region of 270-280yds

Tried the same tactic on the 15th tee, and hit another decent shot that only stayed short of the bunkers due to missing the fairway by a yard or so and holding up in the rough

Maybe the secret is to just try and take a lash at the ball with driver..... :LOL:

For eagle on #8 to go to -8..

Almost had my first HOI tonight in league.

20210802_185805.jpg

First the qualifiers; this was on a fairly easy course with generous fairways, and driver is the play off the tee on everything except the par-3s.

Not a single best shot, but my driver was 💰💰💰 off the tee Sunday. I hit 12 of 14 fairways, and the two misses weren't by much. I was still waiting for my replacement driver to show up from Tour Edge (warranty issue), so was using my old Cleveland 588 Custom, which was always an accurate driver, but not too long. That held true Sunday, my distance was probably down about 15 yards on average, but dang, I don't think I've ever been anywhere near 12/14 fairways.

I stuck one on the 80 yard par 3. Spun it back 15-20 feet inside 10 feet and got a bunch of whoas and wows from the foursome of pre-teen golfers in front of us.

Monday, on the 16th hole, a medium short par 4, I was long with my approach and landed in a greenside trap, about 10' from the pin. I blasted my LW out to about 3 1/2 feet and sunk the putt for a par. For me that was a really good save.

I was going to go with a tee shot on a par 3 to 3 feet setting up a birdie. But I've changed my mind.

The finishing hole on the course I played today is a difficult par 5 for a lot of reasons. One of which is the flag options they have on the green. The pin today was placed three paces off the back right where there is a small tier 20 feet wide and 15 feet deep. The approach shot was 140 yards out into a 2-club wind. I got it too deep into the rough up a slope 15 feet beyond the green. The only way to chip the ball close to the cup and not beyond and off that tier was to chip it so that the ball landed on the 15-inch wide collar allowing the ball to trickle onto the green. That's what I did and the ball rolled out hole high and 2 feet right for a kick in par.

20210805_011514.jpgScreenshot_20210804-130903_TheGrint.jpg20210804_130847.jpg

Good 4i that was breaking left so I'm guessing it tickled the far side of the cup in the last picture. In the end 5" from an albatross and a tap in eagle.

Mountain course. The 14th hole measures just 380 yards, but it is straight up a mountain. Hit a really good drive leaving 155 yards to the pin. But again, it's up the mountain, so it plays like 185-190 yards and is a blind shot. Baby draw landed just short of the green and settled in 3 feet from the hole at a back right cut pin.

This was a fun day in large part due to the company. Three retirees all in their 70s who can still play and know how to enjoy as well as play the game. I was 'junior' in this group at 64. Funny side note. They probably said, "That's your best drive of the day!" a dozen times during the round. Very encouraging group. Tip related to driving: I hadn't been driving it as far recently and not willing to assume age was catching up to me, discovered the power leak earlier this week. Don't forget to turn the hips as far back as your body will allow. Hip turn is a huge power generator.

Played a silly round at the nine hole course and had two “eagles”. One came off a putt following a 265 yard driver onto the green and another from the same with a 250 yard 3 wood. Unfortunately both of these shots were my second attempt 🤷‍♂️

Was getting on a roll, but then caught a really bad break on the prior hole on a birdie putt and was a little frustrated on this par 3 into the wind. Pulled my shot pretty badly. Made up for it by sinking it from 32' and to -4 for the last 5. :D One of quite a few good putts that fell today.

5i into 175y par 3. Beautiful little 5y draw that stuck (greens were super soft haha).

It was slim pickings from today’s round. Made a 30 footer for bogey, that was probably the best one of the round.

Yesterday i pulled my approach left of the green and had a lie in the rough with the ball below my feet. I told my buddy I was going to chip it in and somehow hit the perfect chip which dropped for birdie!

Hole 18. Struggle bus with driver all day. Focused on tempo and smoothness in the swing. Striped it down the middle. Longest drive of the day. Ended the day with a Bird!

Probably a sand shot for me. I’m normally atrocious out of the sand but have improved a lot lately and got out of all 4 green side bunkers today. Hit a great tee shot on the par 3 16th but it just kicked right off the edge into a bunker. Pin was on a ridiculous slope not far from the bunker. Stayed calm and hit an awesome sand shot above the hole that just missed going in. Went about 8ft passed the pin which for me is a 10/10.

Bombed a couple 300 yard drives but I’ll take the nice sand shot all day long.

Back