The best shot of the round

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I made pars on #10-16. #17 is a 155 yard Par 3 that requires all carry over water, a hole that has killed previous good rounds. I hit a 6 iron to four feet and made the birdie to go one under for the nine. Unfortunately, I bogeyed #18 but still shot even par. 76 for the round.

I made pars on #10-16. #17 is a 155 yard Par 3 that requires all carry over water, a hole that has killed previous good rounds. I hit a 6 iron to four feet and made the birdie to go one under for the nine. Unfortunately, I bogeyed #18 but still shot even par. 76 for the round.
Even par is a great score for a double digit handicap. Congrats.

BTW, what course are you playing that has a par of 76. I've never seen anything over 72. Does it have a lot of par 5s?

Even par is a great score for a double digit handicap. Congrats.

BTW, what course are you playing that has a par of 76. I've never seen anything over 72. Does it have a lot of par 5s?
I think he was even par for the back nine.

After a lack luster 42 on the front, on the 10th hole I had about 160 yds into the pin. Striped a 6i to 4 ft for a birdie. Shot 39 on the back.

I was 112 yards from the pin (on a simulator), and got to within 2 feet with my pitching wedge. Great feeling.

Yesterday had a par 3 with strong right to left winds into a green that had water front and right (wrap around).

175 yards and hit niteowl's 545 5i. Beautiful shot that started out just over water and then wind pushed it left landing on the green around 18 feet from the flag.

That was when the 545 lust began. :)

148 yard par 3, 1st hole. Pretty 8 iron right to the front of the green & ran up just like I planned it. Left me 10' for the birdie that I promptly lipped out but took my par & went to the box.
Man, I love these irons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been working on my 60 around the green and approach shots when close. Finally hit one perfect today came in high landed hoped forward about 1ft and then checked up right next to the hole. It felt great to finally hit the shot I thought I would never hit. Now to only do it more often

From 87 Yds, dropped a lob wedge to 6 inches. Kick in Birdie!!

Yesterday, 14'th hole, stroke 1. Hit a perfect 3w, nice high cut around a 90° dogleg at about 210yards. Hit it past the corner and in perfect position. V3 said 166metres/185yards into the wind and slightly uphill. I hit a low stinger type 4i and watched it track straight at the hole. It came in nice and soft and ended up 2feet from the hole. Best part is that there was a group of walkers watching and they all applauded, felt awesome!
Edit: Walkers, as in hikers, not Walking Dead, lol.

#9 par 5 my 2nd shot landed in the green side bunker & short sided. Took my 58*, opened it up and splashed it out to about a foot or so for birdie.

#5 Par5, second shot.

Had a good drive, rangefinder told me 207m to go. There's a big tree right in the fairway that I have to either hit over or through.. Through is never an option, so I went over with a hard hit hybrid. Little open stance, hips and shoulders aligned, take away just a bit on the inside and BOOM! Nice little draw, over the tree going straight at the flag. Didn't see it land, but when we walked up it was less then 2m from the flag, just to the left of it. Put fell too :)

That shot made my day!

Had a lip-out for an Albatross last week on the sixth (also par5), now if my short game would be just a bit better I might actually cut my handicap down to <5

Yesterday I hit the ball in the middle of the fairway with my driver. It was awesome #ItsABigDealForMe

#13 450 Par 4:

Tee shot was a 3w fader that found the fairway. Had about 210 left and an nice, high, straight 4w got me a GIR. Rolled in the putt with my 8i since I had forgotten to stick the putter back in the bag the night before.

FTR, I tried to hit that putt again with the balls I had in my pocket and couldn't get any closer than 4ft.

PW from 113y to 5 feet, made the birdie.

Pitched in for eagle on a short par this morning. (The drive was pretty awesome, too.)

Had about 40-50 feet to the pin. Green was about 6-8 feet above me. Tossed the ball on the green with my 54* and let it release to the hole. Got lucky to get it to drop, but it was a well-executed shot.

Pitched in for eagle on a short par this morning. (The drive was pretty awesome, too.)

Had about 40-50 feet to the pin. Green was about 6-8 feet above me. Tossed the ball on the green with my 54* and let it release to the hole. Got lucky to get it to drop, but it was a well-executed shot.

Do you give lessons???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best shot of my round today, five iron 182 yards to 4 feet. Felt good, looked good, good results!

210 4h pin high 20' left of pin (exactly where I aimed as flag was behind bunker and big drop off right of green). on in 2 on 460 dogleg left par 5.

169yd 5i into a stiff wind. Stopped 6" in front of the cup.

Chipped in for birdie on #1. Great start the year!!!

Had a lot of really bad shots yesterday, but taking the one really good shot away from the round and forgetting the bad ones.

After an ugly and short drive, I had 180 yards up a severe hill into a two-tiered green with the pin tucked far on the left hand side of the green over a bunker. I couldn't see the green or the flag so I just focused on making good contact and getting it up by the green. Hit a nice high draw and thought it would be pretty good. When we got up to the green it was just on the green to the left of the flag about 7 feet from the hole. Drained the putt for birdie. Made a really cold and frustrating day really fun.

Back