The best shot of the round

Hit the worst shot of the round and then the best. Started with me blading my bunker shot onto the next holes tee box 50 yards away. After trudging over there I hit a fantastic wedge to 6 inches for a tap in bogie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d have to say a chip in from about 15yds to bag a birdie after being nearly OB off the tee and short on my approach. 3 net 2 and a skin!

Had a few contenders during the round yesterday - weather was pretty cool and the air was damp so there was very little roll and the ball definitely wasn't flying as far as usual

1 - 1st hole, 200yds to the back of the 2 tier green with the pin on the back tier which is only about 6-7yds deep in the corner where the flag was. Hit 4i that started right of the pin with a little draw and carried almost to the back of the green and stopped about 2ft from where it landed just in the fringe. Missed the 10ft eagle putt but an easy birdie to start the round

2 - 10th hole, pulled my drive left and hit the top of the trees and dropped down amongst them leaving myself 98yds to the middle of the green with a little gap that gave me a line to the front of the green. Had to keep the ball low to avoid the branches in front and I managed to land the ball just short of the green and luckily it chased up to the top tier at the back of the green and finished about 3ft from the pin and another birdie

3 - 12th hole, after pulling my 3w approach left of the green I was left with a slightly awkward chip over a bunker to the green which slopes from left to right. Took my 54° and landed the ball in the right spot and it released towards the hole leaving me with a simple tap in for par on the 2nd hardest hole on the course

The best shot of the round this weekend was 152 yard 8 iron to 5 feet on the par 4, 9th hole. I then made birdie.

Video pretty much shows it all. I cooked my drive into serious trouble, didn't have a straight path to the pin, had to keep it low enough not to get into the heavy branches, but keep it in the air long enough to get over most but not all of the thick bermuda, with a cut, and land it just short so it wouldn't go long to a 110 yd pin.

6 iron. Did it. :LOL:

Knockdown 50 degree wedge from 112 into the wind to 3 feet to set up a birdie.

Even though I had a chip in from off the green for birdie, I've got to go with an approach shot, I had so many great approach shots today. I'm going with the approach on the 13th hole mostly because it was such an unaccessible pin. The pin was right front about four paces from the right edge and front. This location was severely sloped back to front and right to left. Oh, and the approach was up a mountain, so you had to factor in the slope. My 132 yard shot played like 155 and I landed it about one yard off the right edge and nearly flag high. Settled in 3 feet in front of the pin. Made the birdie putt.

Hit a rope 4i off the tee past one of my trash talking HS boys driver. :ROFLMAO:

They just don’t know, but they keep talking that trash and they’re gonna find out! ;)

20201014_113337.jpg

I'm going with this one today. It's the hole where everyone takes a leak in the woods and then misses the green because you felt so protected and cozy back there and the second you pull forward from the trees the wind is strong and you didn't estimate it right. Played it a little long with a slight cut and got it right this time. Easy birdie.

Today's best was a sand wedge from about 80 yards into the slope behind the pin, which rolled back to about 8 inches for an easy tap in. Unfortunately it was a tap in for 7 after the previous shot was a chunked sand wedge into the creek (to be posted under worst shot of the day).

This 35 foot putt:

IMG_1943-cropped-30pct.JPG

(And yes: That green does have a pitch to the left.)

First hole, Par 5, 2nd shot from 200 yards. Slightly sloping lie away from me. Water all along the right with a breeze left to right. Was able to rip a 5 iron to the center with a ridge that held it nicely. Two putt birdie from 35-40 feet. Good way to start off the round.

Chipped in from about 10 yards off the green with my putter to save par. Hole #8.

Continuing my streak of rounds with several outstanding approach shots. Today's BSOTR was a 140 yard approach shot into a 1 1/2 club wind to a pin front and about 5 yards off the right edge with the green pitched right to left. The ball soared high and landed just on the right edge of the green bounced and then rolled left settling in 2 feet directly behind the pin for a kick in birdie.

Feathered a little flighted draw 7i into a tucked pin from 170, left 5 feet for the bird.

20201017_175313.jpg

Going with this one last time out. I tend to try to do a little too much on this hole. It's a par 3 that plays between 204-218 usually, that's a few yards up hill. It's the 3rd hole and I'm never quite loose enough for being as aggressive as I end up trying to be. Had faith in the club and an easy swing, and couldn't have landed it on a better line. Went with a 5i because I didn't know the rollout on a new setup and it's less fun past the hole. Finished 11' from the pin on the straightest putt line on the green. Easy birdie.

Had to be going for it off the tee with a 3h. Took the correct angle and hit it on that line. Missed just left and nearly got up and down for birdie.
5467E4FB-BFD9-4447-8DED-941B187731F4.jpeg

My best shot was a putt. I made a 45 foot uphill putt with 15’ of break for a birdie. I love making long putts. Even more than nutting a drive.

Left a wedge short on a par 3. Flopped one over the trap and it nearly dropped. Had the 60° working today!

My tee shot on the par 3 seventh hole today set me up for a birdie putt.

Back