The best shot of the round

Eagle from 124 yards out. Pitching wedge. What a feeling, to see that ball disappear!
32053deb7f3474d6ce7bc2c9767b3795.jpg
7acefab508c9548dc55d57399195f9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Great shot!! Congrats!

hit a nice draw, off the tee, on a 167yd par3...15ft from the pin. drained the downhill for the rare 🐤 in my game

Hit my 4 hybrid about 225 downhill on a par 5 to set up a ten foot 🦅 putt. Missed putt but a brush in birdie.

I had three today. First really good swing was on our second hole a 5 wood from 210 out which went through the green. It wasn’t the best result I had but it was as good as I could hit the ball. Second one was a 5W again on a par 3 that was 195 up hill playing at 210-215 to 15 feet and 3 was a driver on a 252 yard par 3 into the wind to about 25 feet. Unfortunately the last one was a circus putt that I wound up 3 putting.

Definitely, it was this 335 yard drive on a level fairway, with no wind behind me. To gain the proper perspective of how long this drive was, the screenshot below shows a bunker on the right side of the fairway. For me, a good drive is usually just at the end of the bunker. This flew past the bunker.

0D96E563-FD66-446A-8354-993642210FBF.jpeg

Definitely, it was this 335 yard drive on a level fairway, with no wind behind me. To gain the proper perspective of how long this drive was, the screenshot below shows a bunker on the right side of the fairway. For me, a good drive is usually just at the end of the bunker. This flew past the bunker.

View attachment 8970934
What in the Big ******* Bertha has gotten into you?!?! :oops:

Nice drive!

What in the Big ******* Bertha has gotten into you?!?! :oops:

Nice drive!
Keep in mind that I play at 4000 feet, so take off 7%. On the other hand, it was mid 50’s today. Any way I cut it, though, it was a monster drive for me.

Had some great approach shots today but my chip in for birdie was my best shot for sure. Was only about 30 ft but read the slope perfectly and nailed the shot exactly how I saw it. My chipping is usually the worst part of my game so it felt great to drop one in for my only birdie of the round.

6 iron from 203 yards to 8 feet. Nice baby draw to it . Drained the putt for birdie

181yd 6i approach that stopped 10ft right, pin high.

Thinned a 9i from 127 for an eagle. Was going for a 3/4 type knock down because of a head wind and slightly uphill and just didn’t execute. I’ll take the score but I wish it was the result of a better shot and not dumb luck. I don’t get eagles often, like none that I can recall in the last 10-15 years. Probably had a couple when I was young and had more length and could get to some holes that I can’t now. Also had a birdie but the eagle was sandwiched by two double bogeys and ended up with a 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday, I was playing a course I haven't been to in quite a while. However, for some reason I always miss right on hole #7 with my driver and end up next to (usually behind) a tree stump in the right rough, a bit elevated from the fairway. Just before teeing off I mentioned that I usually do that to the group I was with. Teed off and hit my tee shot dead center of the fairway and past the stump that always gives me trouble. Small victory, but it felt good walking down the middle of the fairway for a change.

Illadvised.jpg
IlladvisedCropped.jpg

While it may not have qualified for a good shot, it certainly qualified as an ill-advised one that I got away with. The tee shot landed about 30 yards right of the flag with a hard pan lie. The limb is too low for me to clear the bunker with a low shot and have any chance for it to not fly the green.

Suppose I could have punched it back behind the tree and into the fairway, but I was in a WTF kind of mood. I took a partial swing with the sand wedge and got it through the hole above the limb. It landed between the bunker and the flag and ran about a foot off the green (see red arrow) - which is about as good a result as I can expect with my short game.

I had a 35 footer from the collar that broke 3 feet left right into the center of the hole for birdie.

I duffed an easy PW. Then followed it with a beauty of a 54* right on the pin for a tap in par save.

Coming off an eagle on the last hole, and an iron off the tee that I pured but rolled almost out of position, that tree was in my head more than I expected. Had me questioning whether to flight one or pick a different target or something. I looked at it from a couple angles, told myself I should be fine regardless of how it felt/seemed, and to just trust it and hit it. Worked out. Easy birdie and on a roll.

Drives on 1 and 9 were nearly identical.

This (low-)power fade I've found the last few weeks is working well. I hit 7/7 fairways yesterday.

Easy 50 degree wedge from 105 uphill and into a slight breeze to about 9 inches to set up a tap in birdie.

On a 195 yard par 3 hole, one that has given me fits the past couple years, I made a birdie putt from off the green. Around 40 feet. My tee shot left it about 15 feet off the green. The grass was low cut and dry. Didn't trust my wedge to get any closer. I have to admit it was luck. I missed the spot I had picked out about ten feet in front of me but when it hit a ridge it changed the direction of the ball and went right to the hole. This is a hole where I'm happy if I make bogey. I really don't have a club I can hit 195 yards. The driver would be too long and I can't hit a fairway wood to save my life.

Sometimes when you do something well, you take it for granted. Today I was reminded of that by another golfer in my group who commented on a part of my game. So, the BSOTR today will be a 48-yard approach to 1 foot.

Just your run-of-the-mill 100y 3/4 pitching wedge that hit the right edge of the jar on the fly, damaged the hole and bounced out off of the d@mn COVID sponge pool noodle thingy they have had down in the bottom of the cup since March that is suppose to protect me but is chock full of bacteria and eagle-denying mojo.

This wasn't a round, per se, it was range day. I knew I was running on empty when I was down to a half-dozen balls, so I decided some chipping practice would be a nice way to round out the session. See the smaller basket on the left, below?

IMG_1972-18pct.JPG

That's about 25-30 yards out, I guess. First chip put it right in the basket, neat as could be. That was my best shot of the "round" :) (2nd chip landed about one foot wide of it.)

I'm gonna say the bunker shot I holed for eagle. That's the first time I've EVER done that. I'm sure I've never holed one out for eagle. I'm about 99.9% sure I've never holed a bunker shot.

Back