The best shot of the round

6'-iron from 143 into a brutal wind on a tough par-4 (normal distance for my 6 is 178-yards) to pin-high, 20' from the pin. Sure enough, I 3-putted and a par won a skin on that hole for the day :/

But it was a beautiful, controlled punch shot that came off exactly as I had intended - it felt good!

Two back to back best shots. I cut an 8iron into a par 3. Downwind with a right side pin, that was my approach to distance control. Hit my shot. Two guys hitting after me flew the green. Still had a bugger of a putt, but 3 is always a good score, esp. on that hole. The next hole was a par 5 that requires a fade around a giant cluster of cottonwoods. Nailed that one too. Both of those made me quite happy. So far this year I have gone into right to left mode and hitting left to right has mostly not gone well (double-cross city).

First hole is a Par 4 playing into the wind. Driver down the middle, 4 hybrid went left but carried the bunker protecting the pin. Chipped in for birdie with my 54 degree wedge.

I don't have a picture of it up by the pin (could have swore I took one, maybe other phone), but I have the swing. It was a kick in birdie from 231y off the tee with a P770 4i while trying a CSX ball.

Hit 13 of 14 fairways and they were all long drives (for me). So, I have to go with one of those. We'll go with the tee shot on the 1st hole. On this course they added two trees in the fairway, one behind the other. There is a fairway bunker left of the first tree. The hole doglegs about 20 degrees around where these features are. So going left of the trees makes the hole a little shorter, but is the classic risk/reward decision with going right of the two trees where the fairway is wider. I bombed it past the bunker and left of the trees putting me in position 1A.

I hit a 4 iron to pin high on the green on a par 5 and lipped out the eagle putt. That approach with the 4 iron was one of the best long irons I've ever hit

I had not shot of the day... well the closest was a 9i on the 2nd hole that almost allowed a par save.... except I 3 putted.

20210422_134408.jpg

I had a few pin seekers today, and a 5i 204y from a real tough spot in the rough to 2.5' would compete the winner, but this little 9i nearly went in. 142 up the hill and into a little breeze, had it playing about 151. Easy swing on it and nearly got it.

Technically not part of official scoring, but after finishing today’s round, my buddy challenged me to an “impossible putt” contest. We set up about 60 ft away downhill from the pin on an aerated green...and I nail the putt dead center on my first try. My friend just drops his putter and walks away - now if only I could do that when it matters...

For eagle from 60' on a 575y par 5. Blew a hybrid through the green a bit and was hoping for a good 2 putt birdie.

I hit a couple of phenomenal cut drives today. I’ve always had a right to left flight that can turn into a big draw or a hook quickly, so I’ve really tried to teach myself how to hit the ball left to right. It’s been going well the last few rounds, but today, I hit a few really good drives with a “butter cut” ball flight, and still with good distance. Was more proud of those shots than some other good ones that I’d normally list in this thread.

This 9 iron on 18. Sure the head went flying off at contact, but I started that ball over the pond and slung it right to left around the trees. I was so proud, your sacrifice will not be forgotten 9 iron!!
C79241AB-435D-45B5-AB44-A7654A3C1613.jpeg

Snapped my drive left on Nine, uphill par 4, but second shot, 3 wood draw out of the trees from 230 and made the front of the green, 2 putt par

Great shot! Almost as good as the view and tranquility. Like u have your own course!
Thanks! Yeah, that was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime probably. Looked beautiful where we parked, guys ahead were a hole in front, and my friend was short left, so I set up just hoping to catch the view and a 2 putt birdie. Didn't expect to to make it, and the camera is so far away you can't really hear anything. Tranquil is a good word for it. :)

Last weekend I flared one left and it landed on the downslope above a bunker. Ball was at my stomach/chest area so I hit a 3 wood like a baseball bat. I was probably 180-200 yards so I didn’t do a full swing. Put it about 7ft from the pin. Missed the birdie but made par

I got out for a round of 18 with a group I sometimes play with socially. BSOTR occurred on the 8th hole. A monster par 4 I had a little over 200 yards left after the tee shot and hit a laser straight at the flag that stopped 6 feet short of the flag setting up a birdie.

Yesterday hit a 5h from 167 pin high to about 5-6 feet. Missed the birdie putt and then practiced it 5 times and sank everyone of them because it was dead straight with no break.

Had a miracle shot today from ~35 yards after missing the par 3 right. Flopped one up and it nearly went in! It was worth the possible poison ivy.
C69B7410-A28C-4F01-BB0E-1E6E3BB9C6C0.jpegEBD54558-BFD1-4496-AF50-3C216182ED80.jpeg

I had others that finished closer, but this was best because I hit it exactly how I wanted, and reacted pretty well to being pin denied yet again. I'd say I took it in stride, but wife says it looks more like a strut. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back