The best shot of the round

Had back to back great approach shots. First one was a 90 yard flighted wedge to around 6 inches. The second one was an uphill 118 yard flighted 9 iron with a strong cross wind to 3 inches. Nothing like back to back tap in birdies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made a 20 foot putt on 18 for a sand save par. That was as good as it got for me yesterday...tough day!

blind 6i approach that my partners watched draw nicely onto the green...as we walked up, i asked who was on the green...they said "you are with that awesome shot.." golf love revived.

Second shot on the 18th hole though I will describe all three shots on that hole. 420 yard par 4. Tee shot is over a pond to a diagonal fairway tree lined to the left, creek on the right. Tee shot went over and just right of the tree line on the left, which is perfect. Center of the fairway 157 yards out. The green is well protected with bunkers left front, right front and behind the green. Between the bunkers in front is an 8 foot high burn to the green. The green is hard and easy to bounce or fly off the back. The pin was tucked in a little finger on the back and left side. I hit the approach to 3 feet right of the flag for an easy birdie.

Par 5 7th hole, managed to get just off the edge of the green in 2, but I mishit the eagle putt and leave myself with a 25 ft downhill left to right putt for birdie....which I drained for my first birdie of the season!

Vegas last week - hit a decent drive (playing shamble and partner was a bit further, moved up to his). Par 5 long ways out, wanted something close to the green for chip and put... Topped a 3W about 20 yards forward.... 245/250 out same 3W still in hand.... crushed it hit the apron and rolled on the green... absolute gem to get on in 3! two putt for the par...

Disappointing 3rd shot on a par 5, only 61 yards out it landed 35 feet left of the flag. But I made the left to right breaking putt for a birdie. BSOTR.

With a quartering wind into us on the 540 yard par 15th I made the rare decision to hit my 8* driver from the fairway. I was 272 yards out and it came off the face perfectly and finished just a yard right of the green a few yards short of pin high for an easy 40’ uphill chip shot with my 9 iron to set up a 3 footer for birdie. I only hit driver off the deck a few times each year but I might more often after how it came off.

Short par 4 with 240 (straight line) to get to the edge of the creek, that guards the green. Sharp dog leg right, at the front of the creek. Blind, narrow tee shot with houses on the left and a line of thick trees on the right. I cut my driver right to the front edge of the creek for a nice easy 20 yard chip to the flag. My only birdie of the day. :(
1619895592781.png

Last edited:
Had to thread the needle between two trees while at the same time getting the ball up quick enough to get over a pile of huge boulders. The window was tiny. The needle was probably pointed more towards rocketing it off the rocks and back into my face than pulling this off but, hey, blind squirrels are still winners sometimes.

e4f83096f11a28b0c991f7d735ef71e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedge on 2 to about 10 feet, thanks to a fortuitous bounce. Made the bird.

52 wedge from the left rough just, past a fairway bunker, 110m to the back of the dance floor, about 15ft to the hole.
Missed the birdie, converted for par.

There was another nice shot, but this being on the 18th with a bit of an audience makes it an easy choice.

Had a dart on approach from 105 yards after bombing a drive on the first hole today. Hit it to 10 ft and 2 putted for a nice opening par. It was my best more because of the swing than the result. I have been taking lessons and it’s been a struggle making big swing changes but I did everything right on this one and the swing felt amazing. It was great to see the work pay off.

Hit my 5 iron on a 186 yd par 3 into a left to right and heading wind into the green side trap. Downhill lie and 20yds to the pin and hit it to 18" for par. This after taking a 7 on another par 3 on Monday from a trap when my 60 degree hit hard pan beneath the 1" of sand.
Taking the good with the bad.

Ran for a quick 9 tonight because I felt annoyingly strong, and I was. Kind of had me all over the place. Not on the par 3 6th though. Was 168 to the hole, decided to just keep banging away, and hit a 9i that clipped the pin and got an easy comebacker birdie.

Was 20 yards from the hole in the rough and sitting 15+ feet above the hole. Flopped the ball up very nicely and managed to get up and down from there. Not sure I could do it again with 10 tries.

Two come to mind...

After a month long bought of the sh@nks and sliced drivers going 180y... felt great to pipe a driver 240 with a little draw that ran out to 260 today.

My other favorite shot today was a 75% PW from 90 to an elevated green. Ended up about 10 feet, so not crazy close, but the shot just felt really good.

Tee shot on par 3 #15. Over water and an intimidating front bunker to a back pin. I hit my tee shot about 4 feet from the hole and putted for birdie.

It was my only decent putt all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best shot of todays round was on the 18th hole. Hit a good drive, bladed a wedge to 40 yards from the pin and for the shot of the day, chipped in with my 50* wedge for bird.

Had a 40+ foot putt from the fringe for bogey and left it to tap-in range. I needed that and came up in a big way.

Doesn't look like much but despite being in fairway ball was well below my feet. After fighting shanks all day to put this one within 20 feet was the best non-drive of the day. Birdie putt didn't drop but a sweat free par was sure nice on an otherwise rough day.
Screenshot_20210502-224552_Shot Scope.jpg

my layup rolled out a little further than i wanted so it left me closer to some trees than i liked but went with the SW (54) over the tree and landed 15ft or so left of the pin.

The 17th hole at Iron valley has always plagued me. I hit it short right or down into the valley of death on the left. This time, I hit it to the back of the green to 3ish feet. It was a downhill breaking putt that found the cup. First birdie on that hole ever, where par was an elusive score for me.

1620046975037.png

I cut an iron to 6ft and made the birdie putt. It was exactly how I drew it up in my head and was nice to go after the pin

Back