The Biggest Three?

Phil's relevancy is fading too fast to be considered IMO. Tiger was so great and he won that storybook comeback Masters last year so he'll remain THE needle mover for quite some time. Top three for me right now are Tiger, DJ, and Bryson. If Rory steps up and wins a major or two in the near future he'll supplant Bryson or DJ. Which one would be up to them and their play. Despite the buzz I think Bryson's top three status is more tenuous than is DJ's.

You don't think that is the same thing as Tiger this year?

I know a lot of people are saying JT, I think talent sure, but I genuinely don't think he is a draw compared to a few others including Fowler. He would be below Brooks and possibly Jon Rahm too, at least globally.
of course I do... The Tiger discussion is assumed at this point though - you don't turn on the tournaments anymore without expecting to hear about Tiger. It's just not realistic. Sure the narrative has changed a bit, but it's all expected still.

"Draws" is an interesting choice of words at a time when spectators are not allowed. In the current context, I assume you mean viewers. Right now I think the event determines viewers more than any other factor.

As far as players drawing viewers, the greatest buzz is around Bryson.

At this stage of his career, Tiger's draw is around setting the majors record. So in a major, for as long as he is in contention he can make a HUGE impact. Outside of that context, not nearly as much as in the past.

DJ is interesting in his omission from anyone's list so far. I think this is correct. He's not a personality that draws people to watch him. But man, when he gets on a roll his performance is a draw.

Another "draw" that has nothing to do with the players is due to COVID-19. With golf being one of the few sports/activities people can do, we're seeing a lot of new people on the range and on the course. That too has an impact on views.

I think some of the younger group is in the second wave for me.

wave 1 - Tiger, Bryson, Phil
wave 2 - Colin Morikawa, Wolff, Rory, DJ

tiger
bryson
dj

Right now I think Bryson has to be in that top three in terms of buzz.

I’ll go Tiger...DJ....Rory followed by Bryson (but not cause of being well liked or his personality but more so to see what invention and off the wall method he might have come up with that week) ... just my opinion

Fwiw I think I would probably say Tiger, Bryson and Phil.

Phil over Rory?! I think Phil gets the social media clicks, but I don’t think him being in a tournament changes things. Having Rory or JT in the field automatically makes it a legit pga event.

After Tiger (and Charlie)
The villains P Reed and Bryson and DJ #1 should move the needle.

I think Bryson only moves the needle because people are curious. They want to see the scientist gorilla hit his Happy Gilmore drives. Aside from that, the people that watch on Sunday will still be watching on Sunday. The only draw that brings in a lot of new viewers is if Tiger is in contention.

I am going

Tiger
DJ
Charlie

Tiger, Bryson, and DJ

Definitely Tiger.....definitely Bryson....

Probably Rory as number 3

I think Bryson only moves the needle because people are curious. They want to see the scientist gorilla hit his Happy Gilmore drives. Aside from that, the people that watch on Sunday will still be watching on Sunday. The only draw that brings in a lot of new viewers is if Tiger is in contention.

Isn't that what any draw is? Curiosity?

Charlie Woods, Bryson and @Canadan . Lol

Isn't that what any draw is? Curiosity?
Curiosity will garner some attention, but I wouldn't say it's a draw. It's not going to get random people to sit down and watch an entire broadcast. Tiger is the only golfer with the ability to pull in the masses.

Curiosity will garner some attention, but I wouldn't say it's a draw. It's not going to get random people to sit down and watch an entire broadcast. Tiger is the only golfer with the ability to pull in the masses.

Currently, but it is not as if golf is failing broadcasts without him playing. Other players are recognizable and based on their play, personality, etc draw attention.

Tiger, Phil, & DJ

I'd go with Tiger, Bryson, and DJ, right now.

Currently, but it is not as if golf is failing broadcasts without him playing. Other players are recognizable and based on their play, personality, etc draw attention.
I eluded to that in my first post. The people that watch golf will still watch golf regardless.

Tiger is the only one that people want to watch

I like watching JT and DJ after Tiger

Lmao I’m glad I made the cut.

it is kind of scary how insane people already are for Charlie woods.

You spelled creepy wrong :ROFLMAO:

Im surprised some do not think other players draw. Every data point says so, yet I do think some of the better players are a bit mundane. I don't think JT is much of a draw yet. I would say the same about Rory and a few others.

You spelled creepy wrong :ROFLMAO:

Im surprised some do not think other players draw. Every data point says so, yet I do think some of the better players are a bit mundane. I don't think JT is much of a draw yet. I would say the same about Rory and a few others.
I mean.... there are a few words to describe what I witnessed over the weekend on socials but I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

Tiger, for obvious reasons.
Phil, because "what will Phil do next"
Bryson, because he is interesting, and somewhat of an enigma, not to mention people want to see for themselves is all this real.

Lmao I’m glad I made the cut.

it is kind of scary how insane people already are for Charlie woods.

What's real scary is there already is a betting line out there predicting whether Charlie wins a major before he's 25.

Back