The BlackBerry Thread

Well I mean it has been a few months since you picked up a new phone.

Sure has. I'd almost get an iphone to go with my Blackberry so I can skype with my fellow iphoners but my playbook gets free internet from the blackberry. plus, I'd have two phones. Well 3 if you count work, that cant happen!

Buy golf stuff, it's much cooler.

Buy golf stuff, it's much cooler.

Other than a putter and some swing speed, I'm not sure what I'd get, but you bring up an excellent point. We should ponder.. Lessons are coming once I figure out where I'm living lol. plus if I get the bold, I might be able to squeeze it for a lot less money from Best Buy.. haha. Suckers.

Sure has. I'd almost get an iphone to go with my Blackberry so I can skype with my fellow iphoners but my playbook gets free internet from the blackberry. plus, I'd have two phones. Well 3 if you count work, that cant happen!

3 phones would be far too many but I get wanting a new phone! I want a new phone too, but I have no idea what I want right now, and work is being silly about buying me a new phone.

Other than a putter and some swing speed, I'm not sure what I'd get, but you bring up an excellent point. We should ponder.. Lessons are coming once I figure out where I'm living lol. plus if I get the bold, I might be able to squeeze it for a lot less money from Best Buy.. haha. Suckers.

The people in best buy cringe when you walk through the door.

3 phones would be far too many but I get wanting a new phone! I want a new phone too, but I have no idea what I want right now, and work is being silly about buying me a new phone.

We need to fix that!!!!!!!

The people in best buy cringe when you walk through the door.

Lol they sure do. I've wasted so much gas going to new Best Buys. I don't do anything illegal. they just leave it there for me to get a new phone. they should be happy!

Always start high man....plus don't forget it's a Canadian co so the exchange rate will bring it more in line lol

They almost want double what most would pay. What a bunch of turds running that company.

They almost want double what most would pay. What a bunch of turds running that company.

Those turds are gone now haha.

Always start high man....plus don't forget it's a Canadian co so the exchange rate will bring it more in line lol

Hey now.....

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackberry Traffic just got its new update and now has voice turn by turn directions. Completely free program that was solid before, but now is a full fledged GPS with turn by turn navigation while still giving you the best traffic updates on how to get where you are going.

Blackberry is the new Palm Pilot! Oh.... wait....

I love Blackberry, but I think it's days as a contender are numbered. iPhone and Android will be the only serious players and with Andriod losing the Enterprise battle I think iPhones are looking pretty dominant for at least the next 5 years.

Blackberry X will save the brand!

Just like OS6, and OS7 and we all saw how that worked out for them. I hate bashing a Canadian company and I even like their phones for certain things, but they're falling behind everyone else.

Blackberry X will save the brand!

Just like OS6, and OS7 and we all saw how that worked out for them. I hate bashing a Canadian company and I even like their phones for certain things, but they're falling behind everyone else.

They have made some recent changes, and the new leadership at RIM knows what needs to be done in order to get them headed back in the right direction. This will be a quiet year from RIM, but I have a feeling that 2013 will be when RIM starts moving back to where they once were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackberry is the new Palm Pilot! Oh.... wait....

I love Blackberry, but I think it's days as a contender are numbered. iPhone and Android will be the only serious players and with Andriod losing the Enterprise battle I think iPhones are looking pretty dominant for at least the next 5 years.
Marketshare would tell you that Android is not only winning but CRuSHING apple in the phone market.

They have made some recent changes, and the new leadership at RIM knows what needs to be done in order to get them headed back in the right direction. This will be a quiet year from RIM, but I have a feeling that 2013 will be when RIM starts moving back to where they once were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they need to release more than just one X phone this year, really hope that's not a true rumour that the London is the only phone coming out in 2012

Marketshare would tell you that Android is not only winning but CRuSHING apple in the phone market.
Of course they are, how many different companies make Android devices? You can get android devices on pre-pay plans at Target/WalMart, which gets the product in to many more hands than Apple does. Android has low-end, mid, and high end devices spread out across multiple different manufacturing companies.

Of course they are, how many different companies make Android devices? You can get android devices on pre-pay plans at Target/WalMart, which gets the product in to many more hands than Apple does. Android has low-end, mid, and high end devices spread out across multiple different manufacturing companies.

Hmmm. I have heard this before.
Perhaps with Windows and Apple.

I think they need to release more than just one X phone this year, really hope that's not a true rumour that the London is the only phone coming out in 2012

It is the only one coming out for certain with a rumor of a Bold style BB10 as well. Theyre not going by the X name anymore. With the release of the new tablet software it should push the playbook into contention finally.

I don't think they're headed in the right direction but for anyone to think that their hold the enterprise market is going to just float away, probably need to take a step back. They may not be as big as they were in North America but globally they still have a pretty big footprint. Not only that, you'll still find a lot of companies sticking to blackberry.While I miss some apps and whatnot, I really like having a phone and messaging powerhouse. different strokes for different folks though.

Hmmm. I have heard this before.
Perhaps with Windows and Apple.
Of course, and it's an argument that has been beaten to death.

The Android platform was a genius idea, and it allowed them to take over the Smartphone market. Give an open platform for multiple different companies to use on their devices, tout the Android name, and get the product out to more people. Smart move on their part.

Yeah I heard the X name would change, just haven't heard of another name yet.

They're footprint in India is massive. I still enjoy my 9700 and am in no hurry to change companies or phones, though I do have the option to upgrade after September which is about the time rumoured for the London to come out, so we'll see at the time if Rim has made enough improvements for me to upgrade my BB or change to something else.

Back