The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him as one of the featured groups online at the Masters now.
Very interesting and entertaining to watch.

Would love to see him post a -3 or -4 round in today. He seems very loose right now.

Watching him as one of the featured groups online at the Masters now.
Very interesting and entertaining to watch.

Would love to see him post a -3 or -4 round in today. He seems very loose right now.

That's what I was thinking. He's not playing like a kid who's lost or totally enamored. Granted, he's playing with Jordan and not someone like Tiger or Phil who might have a bit more of a "I'm playing with Tiger/Phil". Not to say that Jordan isn't at that level, but let's be honest he and Jordan are almost the same age.

Seems very together to me at the moment!!

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but looks like he's playing new Cobra wedges but stuck with his old irons(?).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So far it seems that Jordan has been way slower than Bryson. He may be deliberate but he seems to step up and hit the ball with just a small waggle. Haven't noticed him being painfully slow.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but looks like he's playing new Cobra wedges but stuck with his old irons(?).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This was my question. I want a WITB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could not be any more impressed by this kid's game so far. Seems like the total package. Hope he keeps it up.

It seems like he's a legit talent. Looking to see more from him

This is probably Bryson's 8th or 9th pro event. He got second in Australian Open, He also spent a ton of practice rounds here so I wouldn't expect the nerves of a typical US Am winner.

The kid shows nerves of steel; great game to back up his interesting methodology.

This is probably Bryson's 8th or 9th pro event. He got second in Australian Open, He also spent a ton of practice rounds here so I wouldn't expect the nerves of a typical US Am winner.

i don't think that's fair at all. actually playing in the event is very different than just playing the course.

Bryson played quite the round today. I'm impressed with his display of his skill. Different set seems to work well for him.

i don't think that's fair at all. actually playing in the event is very different than just playing the course.
No but the 9 pro events helps, he has made cuts on the PGA he has been paired with Rory in Dubai I believe, all of those combined help him have less nerves then the typical US AM. He is also not priced in fantasy of a typical am, he has the price of a decent second year player.

He looked flustered a couple of times today but acquitted himself very well over all.

Pros that have played this tournament for 10 year plus have nerves like a typical Am in this event. Think he handled it like a 10 year pro.

I think he handled the nerves well enough, but there are certain things that you can't prepare for as a Masters rookie, IMO. He looked to have some troubles with his short game, and was occasionally over-aggressive putting the ball, but that's part of what makes Augusta so good; it requires that accumulated knowledge to be successful. That he was able to do that well in his first round speaks a lot of how good a head he has on his shoulders, especially given the amount of hype he had coming into the event.

Every time I saw him swing a club he looked so upright. Swing looked good and the kid seemed composed and somewhat relaxed.

I do love the fact you only need to be about 3.4 to enter the US Mid am. Gives hope for olds to run like god and get to play Augusta once in their lifetime.

Looking for Bryson to do well in the Masters. I've been waiting a long time for someone with a load of talent and skill to come along and validate the single axis/plane swing.

True one plane as well.

e188cfad9e8cf73de214bb1f4a68f336.jpg

What an interesting mix of clubs. The wedges with the cut on the heel side are really interesting, I've never seen clubs like that.
Also the return to clubs of one weight seems odd to me.
Fair play to him though he put in a good round yesterday.

I think there are going to be many more "casual" fans that know his name after this weekend. Awesome to see what he's doing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back