The Callaway Mavrik Driver

Ewwww, the lefts are the worst! It looks like these guys gave you some good ideas but I say new and shiny!

i hate feeling tentative for fear of the snap hook. i’ve had a couple drivers where i felt i had nothing to fear, and that is such a freeing feeling. i hit some bombs today, but i made some swings that felt really good and ended up really bad. i don’t like that feeling.

Reactions: KEV
i hate feeling tentative for fear of the snap hook. i’ve had a couple drivers where i felt i had nothing to fear, and that is such a freeing feeling. i hit some bombs today, but i made some swings that felt really good and ended up really bad. i don’t like that feeling.
I'm the exact same way which is sadly why I struggled with many Callaway drivers in the past. I'm so pumped to give the LS a try in the fitting. It sounds like it may be perfection from what I've been seeing and reading.

Anyone with the Mavrik triple diamond looking to move to the the LS? Similar head shape correct?

First go with the Mavrik SZ at the range. By far the best Driver I've ever hit (but traditionally I haven't been a wood player), remarkably straight, Played around with the Optifit a bit and need to use a launch monitor to get a better understanding. It's a 9.5 and a +1, D did seem to give the least dispersion with good distance but only time will tell.

A

I still love the Mavrik Max, has been a real game changer for me off the tee.

I still love the Mavrik Max, has been a real game changer for me off the tee.
Same here, still loving it and it hasn't left my bag since the day I got it. Loving it even more now with the Paderson Kinetixx Velocity shaft in it!

First go with the Mavrik SZ at the range. By far the best Driver I've ever hit (but traditionally I haven't been a wood player), remarkably straight, Played around with the Optifit a bit and need to use a launch monitor to get a better understanding. It's a 9.5 and a +1, D did seem to give the least dispersion with good distance but only time will tell.

A

First lesson with the Mavrik SZ Driver.... Took a bit of time to get the swing feel right but then this thing is a monster from my perspective. As above - I've never hit woods and have the Mavrik 3W SZ working nicely of a low tee (not tried off the mat yet) and getting about 250 yards on a good swing. Was getting the same distance with the Driver but during the lesson got up to about 275-280 which is massive for me. When I used to play regularly max off the tee was around 210-220 with a 4i so if this works - will be a game changer for me.

Interestingly the coach said he would never have fit me into this combination of head and shaft but he wouldn't change it now!

A

First lesson with the Mavrik SZ Driver.... Took a bit of time to get the swing feel right but then this thing is a monster from my perspective. As above - I've never hit woods and have the Mavrik 3W SZ working nicely of a low tee (not tried off the mat yet) and getting about 250 yards on a good swing. Was getting the same distance with the Driver but during the lesson got up to about 275-280 which is massive for me. When I used to play regularly max off the tee was around 210-220 with a 4i so if this works - will be a game changer for me.

Interestingly the coach said he would never have fit me into this combination of head and shaft but he wouldn't change it now!

A

And out on the course today it behaved itself pretty well.

Finished with the same ball I started with and considering the irons were bad and the greens were horrible, shot my best score since returning to the game, so my game off the Tee was pretty solid.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back