The Callaway Mavrik Driver

Bridgestone Golf

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've only played golf for a few years, but I have yet to find a club that the name affects distance or dispersion. :cool:

GolferDad66

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
This has to be a replacement for the Rogue. "Rogue" :Mavrik" - those names are along the same lines. Can't see it as a replacement for the Epic Flash as the Epic is Callaway's top of the line product. I can easily see that this is the Rogue with new AI face. But that's just my gut; haven't seen the club yet.

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You guys are funny about names. I applaud names being used rather than numbers, but there is only one winner with bad names and that is Titleist TS, because TS stands for Titleist Speed. Which makes the driver Titleist Titleist Speed.
Similar to FedEx Express is Federal Express Express

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Cool video...

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2020 Grandaddy
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love the name because my favorite team is Minnesota State Mavericks.
A purple custom Mavrik maybe in future very very soon!

ericm007

Reaction score
Handicap
But, but I thought the Epic Flash was the end all, be all, ultimate design, last driver you'll ever need, because it was produced by AI, what gives. Were they lying to us???

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
But, but I thought the Epic Flash was the end all, be all, ultimate design, last driver you'll ever need, because it was produced by AI, what gives. Were they lying to us???

The Epic Flash is a damn fine driver. I don't recall them stating that it would be last driver they ever release. If you have one, you are allowed to continue to play it. It doesn't expire.

baylrballa

I miss Fantasy Golf
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

HarryPotter

THPer formerly known as JourdanInMich
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love the name because my favorite team is Minnesota State Mavericks.
A purple custom Mavrik maybe in future very very soon!
Call it Purple Reign

DataDude

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You guys are funny about names. I applaud names being used rather than numbers, but there is only one winner with bad names and that is Titleist TS, because TS stands for Titleist Speed. Which makes the driver Titleist Titleist Speed.
They should have went with True Speed or Tour Speed.

Duffer Waldorf

President, Carl Carmoni Fan Club
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11.6 (GG)
Cool teaser, I wonder if the video being orange means the new driver will be as well.
Same as the Super Hybrid?

badolds

prestaged
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15 est.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

If I recall, they said the AI made for that face worked with that specific driver head. So if they elongate it, or add/remove weight, it results in another AI required face. Make sense?

dsw1519

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
WIP
Mavrik is a cool name - I like it. Looking forward to seeing this released.

classified).gif

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 USGA
i can confirm that the driver is called mavrik. i cannot say anything else about this amazing piece of equipment yet. and it’s f——-g KILLING me!!!!
Do you hit it straighter than whatever you were hitting the last couple times we played?

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
why can’t technology and materials improve from one year to the next, paving the way for measurable improvements?

is the iphone 11 faster than the iphone 10? and was the 10 faster than the previous generation? that’s how design and r&d work.

if you don’t want to buy the new driver, the great thing is the market has a multitude of options out there. but if you don’t give this a chance, i think you are doing yourself a disservice.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you hit it straighter than whatever you were hitting the last couple times we played?
I cannot speak to how straight he was playing with you. But, when I was with him last Wednesday, he was hitting his driver extremely well.

PowerCobra98

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Well...it sounds fast!

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
unfortunately i’m a different golfer than i was then. tee game was a real struggle leading up to the event. but i’ll say i got away with some bad swings during the competition. and i also had a few that were piped.

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm ready. My bag is ready. The battle with the EF SZ is ready. The feedback from this year's GD squad has me ready to get fit fast!

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm ready. My bag is ready. The battle with the EF SZ is ready. The feedback from this year's GD squad has me ready to get fit fast!
Ugh, I can't say anything other than don't be too attached to that Epic Flash if you are open to replacing it.

HarryPotter

THPer formerly known as JourdanInMich
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think you’ll be a happy camper. Well, your wallet won’t be. But you will be.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This has to be a replacement for the Rogue. "Rogue" :Mavrik" - those names are along the same lines. Can't see it as a replacement for the Epic Flash as the Epic is Callaway's top of the line product. I can easily see that this is the Rogue with new AI face. But that's just my gut; haven't seen the club yet.
A podcast said just that. A Rogue replacement , also anticipates a slightly lower price point. Guess we will know in a month.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in