The Callaway Mavrik Driver

The Epic Flash is a damn fine driver. I don't recall them stating that it would be last driver they ever release. If you have one, you are allowed to continue to play it. It doesn't expire.

Yes I know, that was a little tongue in cheek. I'm still waiting for the Epic Flash SZ fairways to drop in price, because I've always gotten along well with Callaway fairways, and I do think that that technology works. But if we all believed all the hype the manufacturers sell we would be playing that model of driver that guaranteed 18 extra yards every year for a while, and we'd all be hitting it 350 yards. :ROFLMAO:

Yes I know, that was a little tongue in cheek. I'm still waiting for the Epic Flash SZ fairways to drop in price, because I've always gotten along well with Callaway fairways, and I do think that that technology works. But if we all believed all the hype the manufacturers sell we would be playing that model of driver that guaranteed 18 extra yards every year for a while, and we'd all be hitting it 350 yards. :ROFLMAO:
The Epic Flash SZ fairway is legit. I don't fault you for holding out for that one. In regards to the hype and promise of more yards, that was one campaign from a different OEM. I guess all I can say would be to try it if you are in the market. If it checks the boxes you're looking to check, great. If not, you're no worse off. I have hit it and enjoy it quite a bit.

But, but I thought the Epic Flash was the end all, be all, ultimate design, last driver you'll ever need, because it was produced by AI, what gives. Were they lying to us???

I love that this is the comment every year, most people don’t replace their driver every year... If you have an Epic Flash (or anything else for that matter) that works for you, by all means keep it, but if you are in the market for a new driver, give this one a look.... It appears to have some really cool tech. I love that we have a lot of options coming to the market.

Cool teaser, I wonder if the video being orange means the new driver will be as well.
There are a few spy shots of Xander with it on the range.

You guys are funny about names. I applaud names being used rather than numbers, but there is only one winner with bad names and that is Titleist TS, because TS stands for Titleist Speed. Which makes the driver Titleist Titleist Speed.
The "ATM Machine" of drivers.

I'll no doubt hit it as soon as it arrives at our club next month but if it doesn't sound/feel a lot closer to the Epic SZ than the Epic Flash there is zero chance I'll buy one. Full disclosure, I own three 9* Epic Sub Zeros.

Can't wait for the pictures to be officially revealed!

Will a 12* or 13.5* be offered in a non draw head ?

I'll no doubt hit it as soon as it arrives at our club next month but if it doesn't sound/feel a lot closer to the Epic SZ than the Epic Flash there is zero chance I'll buy one. Full disclosure, I own three 9* Epic Sub Zeros.

We can't really give any details on sound (or anything else yet), but let me just say that I don't think you'll be disappointed in any aspect of performance.

This is my boomstick. Looking forward to checking it out

Looking forward to hearing more, especially about the fairways. Still holding out hope for a deep fw for the tee.

Well Epic Flash, we had a good run. Be prepared to bring it to this years tryouts.

Getty Images is your friend.

C2AB96DC-81CE-4AC5-8DFF-D98319D8D4EC.jpegC2AB96DC-81CE-4AC5-8DFF-D98319D8D4EC.jpegC2AB96DC-81CE-4AC5-8DFF-D98319D8D4EC.jpegC146CF95-23DC-4CC8-80C3-C096FD0E6358.jpeg

Last edited:
The Mavrik driver dethroned my ping g400 max.

me too. i hope to get on a monitor to give some comparative numbers before i put the g400 max up for sale. absolutely positive zero hesitation to put my mavrik in the bag. it. is. AWESOME.

Yes we know that 13 THPers were just at Callaway HQ and cannot speak on any future products as of yet, but Callaway launched a teaser video today we wanted to share.

Man. Hearing the guys talk about it and then seeing a pic of Xander with it has me really interested in it!

Another name that will constantly be misspelled.:rolleyes::(o_O

The teaser is a cool video. I’m looking forward to learning about the tech story.

I love that this is the comment every year, most people don’t replace their driver every year... If you have an Epic Flash (or anything else for that matter) that works for you, by all means keep it, but if you are in the market for a new driver, give this one a look.... It appears to have some really cool tech. I love that we have a lot of options coming to the market.

It is a great time to be a golfer, as golf equipment goes, the last decade has seen a lot of enhancements in equipment, balls, etc... and I'm sure the next next decade will include things we can't imagine, and I look forward to seeing and trying as much as I can. I love tinkering with new golf equipment and this may well be one I check out.

Back