The Callaway Mavrik Driver

Looking forward to hearing more, especially about the fairways. Still holding out hope for a deep fw for the tee.

A newer deep 3 wood is needed for me as well. I’m still gaming the X2 Hot deep series from 6 or 7 years ago. I own just about every Callaway 3 wood since then including the Rogue, XR, XR Pro, XR Deep, Epic SZ, 816, 815, and Steelhead XR. None of them lasted more than 2 weeks in my bag.

I saw the Callaway commercial tonight on GC and the name is bothering me anymore. Weird

unfortunately i’m a different golfer than i was then. tee game was a real struggle leading up to the event. but i’ll say i got away with some bad swings during the competition. and i also had a few that were piped.

He just likes to lull others into a false sense of security on the tee box then just blow it by you.

need....plus new top gun head cover....and im set to #EmbraceTheFade all summer long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am on the cusp of getting the EF driver, being fit for it next week....Not upgraded my driver since I got a G30 years ago so think it's about time. But after all of this, I might just wait a wee while... Worst case scenario, cuold mean that the EF has a price drop?

The Epic Flash is a damn fine driver. I don't recall them stating that it would be last driver they ever release. If you have one, you are allowed to continue to play it. It doesn't expire.
Correct sir. I just double checked mine and did not find an expiration date anywhere ?

The Mavrik driver dethroned my ping g400 max.

Wah. I suspect a lot of people will be letting go their g400 max if so. Not the first one to say this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Epic Flash, we had a good run. Be prepared to bring it to this years tryouts.

I do wonder. Is there a big distance gain for the average golfer between epic flash and the mavrik?

I got good gains for the epic vs my rogue. I know the mavrik would have gains vs the rogue. Given the larger pear shape profile and added technology from jailbreak and ff.

Wonder if this puts a target on him even more to get pulled for conformance testing, especially if its that good?

I hope not, as that whole thing where only he got named felt a bit dodgy to me. I'm not particularly a Callaway fan, but that didn't seem right - I hope this redresses the balance a little (y)

need....plus new top gun head cover....and im set to #EmbraceTheFade all summer long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you feel the need....the need for fade?

A newer deep 3 wood is needed for me as well. I’m still gaming the X2 Hot deep series from 6 or 7 years ago. I own just about every Callaway 3 wood since then including the Rogue, XR, XR Pro, XR Deep, Epic SZ, 816, 815, and Steelhead XR. None of them lasted more than 2 weeks in my bag.

I love my EF 3+, but this lineup is making it hard to stay put.

I am on the cusp of getting the EF driver, being fit for it next week....Not upgraded my driver since I got a G30 years ago so think it's about time. But after all of this, I might just wait a wee while... Worst case scenario, cuold mean that the EF has a price drop?

most likely prices will drop, but not as dramatically as you think. If you can wait, hit the Mavrik, you’ll thank me later

I do wonder. Is there a big distance gain for the average golfer between epic flash and the mavrik?

I got good gains for the epic vs my rogue. I know the mavrik would have gains vs the rogue. Given the larger pear shape profile and added technology from jailbreak and ff.

distance gains will be swing dependent, but there are advancements here from EF for most golfers to see gainS. Even more for people playing older tech.

Is the shape of the MVRK more similar to the Rogue or Flash ?

most likely prices will drop, but not as dramatically as you think. If you can wait, hit the Mavrik, you’ll thank me later

I think I can wait. I think. Possibly. No...definitely I can wait. I hope! But I definitely look forward to thanking you later, am excited about new clubs this year.

Waiting for the GD guys comments on the driver about performance but I will say I LOVE the name.
Need an iceman 3 wood and a Jester 5 wood

So, I pretty much need one of these to pair with my one-off PX shaft. There’s zero question. Sounds like I might need to schedule a fitting up in Carlsbad at HQ while I’m out there.

So, I pretty much need one of these to pair with my one-off PX shaft. There’s zero question. Sounds like I might need to schedule a fitting up in Carlsbad at HQ while I’m out there.

I had a feeling it would match well.

Waiting for the GD guys comments on the driver about performance but I will say I LOVE the name.
Need an iceman 3 wood and a Jester 5 wood

I will have some thoughts and trackman numbers coming this weekend. The fairways are so so so good!!

distance gains will be swing dependent, but there are advancements here from EF for most golfers to see gainS. Even more for people playing older tech.

I need to test it out. I just added the ef sz to my epic set. I have made a full rogue set and epic set.

If the mavrik gives me another 20y due to advancements over ef, the rogue driver will have to go eventually.

Btw wasn't the epic line supposed to be more premium in terms of tech or a different line vs rogue in my understanding? Or is Callaway disregarding that diffence now from the mavrik.

Would be awesome to see the fairway named Goose.

I need to test it out. I just added the ef sz to my epic set. I have made a full rogue set and epic set.

If the mavrik gives me another 20y due to advancements over ef, the rogue driver will have to go eventually.

Btw wasn't the epic line supposed to be more premium in terms of tech or a different line vs rogue in my understanding? Or is Callaway disregarding that diffence now from the mavrik.

There is a lot of stuff to unpack with Mavrik. I am not trying to dismiss the question, but on 1/14 the guys who have these from their #TheGrandaddy fittings, will be able to answer this more clearly.

That’s an interesting video. The only takeaway I see is that Callaway is doubling down with AI.

There is a lot of stuff to unpack with Mavrik. I am not trying to dismiss the question, but on 1/14 the guys who have these from their #TheGrandaddy fittings, will be able to answer this more clearly.

Hey Mike, all good. I'm as curious about what is the tech behind mavrik that will give the gains you mention.

I don't intend to replace my ef. But i have two sets for work travels and for home. So if the mavrik performs, I foresee using it in parallel with my epic, replacing the rogue.

Makes me want to go for a granddaddy fitting some day.

Back