The Callaway Mavrik Driver

Bridgestone Golf

OldandStiff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Only tried the rogue white 60 and 70x. The 60 had too much of a kick and felt pretty loose. The 70 I could have happily played.
I traded in 2 clubs and had a $100 gift card, so I only paid $150 total including the Ventus. The profile of the Rogue White doesn’t typically fit my swing. It’s an amazing shaft tho for a stock offering!
And we apparently feel the exact same about the rogue white... now you're really pissing me off. :p:p

Congrats on the results and the purchase. Sounds like a sweet setup.

Last edited:

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Damnit. This is exactly why I said I needed to stop reading this thread. I've been pondering a 10.5 SZ (instead of a 9), because I didn't get to hit one, and *in my head* it's potentially solving a couple very minor issues.
10.5 degree head with heavy weight forward? High flying low spinning bombs.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Misike

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just got an Epic Flash driver at the end of last year and really enjoy it. I don’t need a new driver, but man this thread has me really wanting the Mavrik. Grandaddy guys killing the reviews. I will for sure hit this in the spring against my EF. The thing with my EF, I haven’t moved the sliding weight off neutral for a long time now, so it’s probably something I can give up for more forgiveness elsewhere.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just got an Epic Flash driver at the end of last year and really enjoy it. I don’t need a new driver, but man this thread has me really wanting the Mavrik. Grandaddy guys killing the reviews. I will for sure hit this in the spring against my EF. The thing with my EF, I haven’t moved the sliding weight off neutral for a long time now, so it’s probably something I can give up for more forgiveness elsewhere.
I never had a meaningful change in ball flight by moving a sliding weight. So, less weight spent on a sliding track is fine by me.

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 USGA
Im so tempted to grab one of these. Just wish there was somewhere around here to do an outdoor fitting and try shafts with someone who knows what they're doing.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
I think this is sound logic - I don't look for a sliding weight either.

Stryker

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
So this showed up today:

7DB8D72F-2C5B-4274-ABFE-6D57A52BCF00.jpeg

8B5CFFA1-B7A3-4515-8B9D-4D2A7F7EE262.jpeg

F2ADFF19-EB36-4FCA-8176-C4B1FA473C28.jpeg

CDF6435E-07AE-4FD3-A2E9-6962BBCD404D.jpeg

B678AC68-41BC-470C-9CD3-C484D705777C.jpeg

I did manage a few balls in the range this afternoon with a few snowflakes joining me. To be fair to the driver my back was not in the greatest shape after stripping drywall down in my basement all afternoon before going. First thoughts, sound is better then Rogue and EF but still not quite what my preference is. I can live with it but it could be better to my personal taste. I wasn’t sure about the colors but honestly you don’t even notice the tiny bit of it on the crown at address so that is a non issue. I also wasn’t sure the Aldila Rogue White was going to look very good with it either but again I was pleased by the appearance of the pair.

I hit a few drives with my trusty F8 just to see where my swing was at to start. It wasn’t bad but I knew the back was not going to net me maximum results. I had the Mavrik Max set at neutral -1 for 9.5* of loft. I was having a little launch issue but I actually attribute that to the soreness in my back not letting me make the best swing to hit up on the ball. Even the less then desired launch was not ending with terrible results. I did finally manage to put together some solid swings and as suspected the launch issue was me and the back and when I did my part launch was perfect. Distance is hard to judge on that particular range so I will reserve comment on that until I have some better data other the to say it didn’t seem short by any means.

My best swings resulted in a really nice tight draw and I did feel like I could work it either way but need a little more getting to know each other to really be confident on producing a ball flight on demand. I honestly did not feel like I had any really bad results even with my body not being in the best state at the time and I was expecting some really far offline hits every now and then from the back issue.

I had no real expectations for the combo as I had not tried that particular shaft and was fit in to a non option exotic. I took a gamble knowing I might have to pick up a shaft later on down the road but as of right now I am feeling like I can make this pairing work.

I am looking forward to some warmer weather over the weekend and some more time with the driver. I do think there is a period when I get a new club that I have to really get to know it before I am really confident with it and that is especially true for drivers. With that said, this one got off on a really good start and I have a good feeling and high expectations.

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
good stuff @Stryker. did you hit the standard mav? its sound is very different than the max.

Stryker

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
good stuff @Stryker. did you hit the standard mav? its sound is very different than the max.
No the Max was what I was fit in to so I stuck with that. Again it’s not horrendous but just sounds a little dull or muted to me. I am kind of partial to the sound of the F8 and it’s hard for me to love any other sound. Just a personal thing really.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No the Max was what I was fit in to so I stuck with that. Again it’s not horrendous but just sounds a little dull or muted to me. I am kind of partial to the sound of the F8 and it’s hard for me to love any other sound. Just a personal thing really.
well if you think the max is muted you probably won’t hear anything with the standard. it is a ton more muted. to me anyway.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Finally got to check these out in person today, I didn't think the orange was as bright as I expected, which was a good surprise, it's more of a dark, almost burnt orange, and the crown is very similar to my epic, loved the overall look, and the sole looked quite tech packed.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
well if you think the max is muted you probably won’t hear anything with the standard. it is a ton more muted. to me anyway.
Lol, I still find that odd. We all perceive things differently though. Come from different clubs and such. I don't find the standard muted necessarily. Not loud by any means. When I think muted, I think if OG Epic. Or, the SIM line.

I still have to get to the shop and see what this Max is all about.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in