The Callaway Mavrik Driver

I was mainly stating that I am always skeptical. I thought I would have the XR16 forever and then the Epic Flash took its place. Now, I don’t think anything can knock the Epic Flash out of the bag.

As my wife often reminds me, I am not always right; that should not be mistaken as me admitting that I am sometimes wrong ;)
I've been wrong once. I thought I was wrong a second time, but I was mistaken.

I have no problem with the name, I actually kind of like it. I think I'll like the orange better then the John Deere scheme also but that doesn't really matter anyway because I'm not staring at the sole of the club when I'm addressing the ball. I'm super interested to see what the driver looks like from the top at address, that's the important part.
Same! I really want to see the top!

They are really really really really good

Four “reallies.” What is it that gives you so much excitement? Ball speed? Forgiveness? Spin? Launch? Turf interaction? Surely, describing the characteristics of the club or the performance is not breaching embargo protocol.

Four “reallies.” What is it that gives you so much excitement? Ball speed? Forgiveness? Spin? Launch? Turf interaction? Surely, describing the characteristics of the club or the performance is not breaching embargo protocol.
We will be able to talk about it soon , but the launch and spin and ease of use are staggering .

Had a brief opportunity to put a few swings on this driver today. God does it feel phenomenal. It's really hard to describe in words how something feels. But, have you ever hit a club where the ball feels like it sticks to the face a fraction of a second longer than normal and then just launches? That's about the best way I can describe it. Like I can feel the ball compressing before it takes off. So so good.

Had a brief opportunity to put a few swings on this driver today. God does it feel phenomenal. It's really hard to describe in words how something feels. But, have you ever hit a club where the ball feels like it sticks to the face a fraction of a second longer than normal and then just launches? That's about the best way I can describe it. Like I can feel the ball compressing before it takes off. So so good.
CT baby.

I love everything about this driver. It minimizes my miss and is a freaking ball launcher. I can’t wait to share more!

]

We’ve been asked to be very careful about what we share, and how specific we get prior to the release date. While some of your points may be “safe” I’m guessing most of us will be extremely limited in what we say now. The future of this event literally can be changed if we don’t adhere to the NDA as Callaway has requested.
So, please understand if we are hesitant.

]

We’ve been asked to be very careful about what we share, and how specific we get prior to the release date. While some of your points may be “safe” I’m guessing most of us will be extremely limited in what we say now. The future of this event literally can be changed if we don’t adhere to the NDA as Callaway has requested.
So, please understand if we are hesitant.

I was just teasing. Hope that was evident.

That was as much for anyone else reading, just so they understand.

Sensing a post accident, illness, and divorce present may be in order for me (yeah outside of playing in the THP Bridgestone Championship it’s been a really crappy year).

Well it’s 35* out and I decided to go walk 9. Obviously getting more roll out - wish we played firm and fast year round - but I was hitting this beast to midsummer distances. And it sounds AWESOME. Can’t wait to get into details.
We've gotta wait for the ground to freeze to get to firm and fast, you know that.

I’m looking forward to trying these out once they are available! They sound like a continuation perhaps of the rogue line; which I did not hit well.. in any case, hoping for some magic here

I have never hit Rogue. I had the original Epic and loved it, then went to Epic Flash and totally love it. I wonder how that comparison would be. Can you guys give a hypothetical on what that comparison MIGHT look like? :unsure:
Sorry man. Not much we can share other than what is already out there. Anything beyond that would be pushing it. None of us want to be the one who messed up the future of this event by sharing too much info. Finley said, as long as we don't f*** this up. There's still about a month for is to do that.

Now, on a non detailed opinion. I've owned almost every Callaway driver over the past 10-12 years. And, this is my favorite yet. But, I say that every year. ?‍♂️

Sorry man. Not much we can share other than what is already out there. Anything beyond that would be pushing it. None of us want to be the one who messed up the future of this event by sharing too much info. Finley said, as long as we don't f*** this up. There's still about a month for is to do that.

Now, on a non detailed opinion. I've owned almost every Callaway driver over the past 10-12 years. And, this is my favorite yet. But, I say that every year.

can you confirm if you demoed both and given your higher SS you saw a visual as well as a numbers difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Given the USGA photos are out with standard and SZ model, can you confirm if you demoed both and given your higher SS you saw a visual as well as a numbers difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In going to err on the side of caution yet. I can't at this point.

I can make a general comment on my fitting though. I didn't get too many looks at the launch monitor data. Visually, the flight was exactly what I wanted to see in terms of launch and such. I got some good numbers during the fitting with it. Although my best swing wasn't with me. I hit it a few times yesterday and got great numbers. I'm hoping to get some time in this week to gather data for my review.

Sorry to be so vague.

Back