The Callaway Mavrik Driver

I'd venture a guess that all those pictured will be tour only, and the only ones to hit retail will be the regular and the SZ. Maybe a draw version or something.
maxresdefault.jpg

I really think a LOT of guys and gals are going to want to hit this and compare to their current driver. Then be so surprised with the results.

I really think a LOT of guys and gals are going to want to hit this and compare to their current driver. Then be so surprised with the results.

Really thinking about put Snickers on ignore......I can't handle all this talk about hitting this new driver :ROFLMAO:

And consider that a warning to the rest of the team if you say anything as well :ROFLMAO:

Really thinking about put Snickers on ignore......I can't handle all this talk about hitting this new driver :ROFLMAO:

And consider that a warning to the rest of the team if you say anything as well :ROFLMAO:
It's better than my G400 Max was if that helps at all. :cool: and I loved that driver.

Just a little over 2 weeks!

Oddly enough - all of this talk, to me, is putting the driver on quite a pedestal. I hope it really can live up to that. From what I am hearing, it has a great chance to be my next driver. However if it's not significantly better than my epic, it almost feels like it will be a major disappointment.

Oddly enough - all of this talk, to me, is putting the driver on quite a pedestal. I hope it really can live up to that. From what I am hearing, it has a great chance to be my next driver. However if it's not significantly better than my epic, it almost feels like it will be a major disappointment.
Having played with you once back in 2016 and seeing your game, you will like this driver. Definitely an upgrade from the Epic.

Just so many things I want to shout about this driver, but I will slip away here for a bit.

I loved the Epic. Good for good, I think they are going to be very similar in performance. There are some other things about the new line you may really like though. I think you'll see the new line perform better once the ball is hit outside of the center of the face.

You won't be disappointed. I get some of the skepticism because the guys were just part of the event and might still be on that "high" that The Grandaddy provides, but the tech story in this one is real, it's tangible and it offers clear options for those who will take the time to be properly fit instead of thinking "i'm currently gaming this, so I need to go buy this because it will be the same"

I can't caution you and everyone else enough that more than ever a driver fitting is in order for this one. You'll see why in a few weeks when we can share more.

Got out yesterday for a round with the new driver playing with a guy who is historically 10-15 yds longer than me. Let’s just say I was keeping up and even out driving him quite consistently. After we got the fairway he would say that he didn’t catch his good after noticing I outdrove him...Kind of got old after the first 7 times!

You won't be disappointed. I get some of the skepticism because the guys were just part of the event and might still be on that "high" that The Grandaddy provides, but the tech story in this one is real, it's tangible and it offers clear options for those who will take the time to be properly fit instead of thinking "i'm currently gaming this, so I need to go buy this because it will be the same"

I can't caution you and everyone else enough that more than ever a driver fitting is in order for this one. You'll see why in a few weeks when we can share more.
It's weird...it's not skepticism, I just fear I'm already thinking too highly of it and it won't be able to get to reach that level I already have it on haha.

Good thing is, since I already got that fitting at Club Champion, they said I could come back and demo anything if I want to re-fit for clubs. Might be a good time to take them up on it.

It's weird...it's not skepticism, I just fear I'm already thinking too highly of it and it won't be able to get to reach that level I already have it on haha.

Good thing is, since I already got that fitting at Club Champion, they said I could come back and demo anything if I want to re-fit for clubs. Might be a good time to take them up on it.
I hope we haven’t overhyped it for you... but I’m confident that none of us have overstated anything. It is legit.

Haha, I get that way when something has been built up. It's a great club. And, keeping an open mind when trying out the lineup is key as Mike mentioned. You may be surprised to find yourself in something that bucks the trend of what you have played in the past.

Got out yesterday for a round with the new driver playing with a guy who is historically 10-15 yds longer than me. Let’s just say I was keeping up and even out driving him quite consistently. After we got the fairway he would say that he didn’t catch his good after noticing I outdrove him...Kind of got old after the first 7 times!

Admit it, he grabbed your driver and hit it far.

I hope we haven’t overhyped it for you... but I’m confident that none of us have overstated anything. It is legit.

to be honest, some of you have undersold the performance of the driver given the fittings you received but I think that will all change once the embargo is lifted and you guys can talk about it openly and with actual numbers for people to digest and compare to.

Last edited:
I loved the Epic. Good for good, I think they are going to be very similar in performance.

I think that can be said for just about every club these days with the disclaimer that the club is reasonably "fit" to the person.

I did a test back in the spring where I took several older drivers and a couple newer drivers out to the course including the Flash and G410. Each driver had a shaft and loft combo that I would normally game.
The longest ball I hit was with an old Ping Rapture V2. However I found it to be the worst performing in terms of strike, dispersion and avg results.

The other 5 or so drivers were all within 5 yds of each other on average with their longs all pretty much being equal.
I went with the one that hooked on me the least which is my miss.

Gaming the Epic Flash I am eager to try the Mavrik mainly because I like the orange colorway better than the Flash, but I am not expecting any material gains.
For me the Flash is the longest driver I have gamed and I feel the forgiveness on off center hits rivals anything. I've hit some that barely made contact with the face and only lost about 20 yds of distance which is impressive.

it’s so player dependent. there are some non-performance things to love about this driver. and there are absolutely some performance betters for what i think is the large majority of golfers. whether those are enough to trigger a purchase, only the golfer can make that decision for themselves. but i expect pretty much everyone to see better performance and [dammit i wish i could say more] when testing this driver.

it’s so player dependent. there are some non-performance things to love about this driver. and there are absolutely some performance betters for what i think is the large majority of golfers. whether those are enough to trigger a purchase, only the golfer can make that decision for themselves. but i expect pretty much everyone to see better performance and [dammit i wish i could say more] when testing this driver.
I need these secrets...

Gaming the Epic Flash I am eager to try the Mavrik mainly because I like the orange colorway better than the Flash, but I am not expecting any material gains.
For me the Flash is the longest driver I have gamed and I feel the forgiveness on off center hits rivals anything. I've hit some that barely made contact with the face and only lost about 20 yds of distance which is impressive.
Prepare to be blown away then.

Seeing all of this swing speed has me giddy. Debating on upgrading this year (put apex combo irons in my bag last year) from my TM R1. I have a fubuki alpha 70x shaft and average about 109 mph ss on the TrackMan (others I average higher). On the same TrackMan I tried out the EF SZ and was consistently around 111-112, although the shaft didn’t feel as good.

I’m anxious to try something new where I can get the same feel and a couple mph faster on ss without changing effort. This sounds like it could be the ticket on the SZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back