The Callaway Mavrik Driver

So when is the embargo lifted?

One more week! I'm excited to see what the team has to say about this driver.

I’m in no hurry. Got nothing but time. Then again it could work out for me like the Super Hybrid did. Almost bought one without swinging it. Glad I didn’t because I just could not hit it.
Funny you say that. Super hybrid was the first hybrid he handed me to hit as we worked thru the bag, I didn't feel comfortable with it and the fitter didn't like the numbers, handed me the Epic Flash hybrid and bingo it worked just fine and the #'s where great for gapping. Sometimes it just happens that way.

Pens-Baby.gif

I can't wait to try it

Funny you say that. Super hybrid was the first hybrid he handed me to hit as we worked thru the bag, I didn't feel comfortable with it and the fitter didn't like the numbers, handed me the Epic Flash hybrid and bingo it worked just fine and the #'s where great for gapping. Sometimes it just happens that way.

A perfect example of why Callaway has such a massive offering!

I will just leave this here for the day: Forgiveness.

you sure about that? paging @j_sizzle9 lol

seriously though, yes, he did an amazing job breaking it down. there are some slides that had us looking at each like "holy sh1t how did they do that?!"

Thats why I missed the bus! My head was still spinning from @DNevsCG amazing tech presentation!

He gave us so much info I forgot most of it less than 24 hours later and had to ask for a refresher course!

Yep. I think maybe the length of the head was throwing me off? Not sure. I currently game the Callaway Big Berth which has a more compact head. More the the EF. That’s why they make many options. I’m a Callaway fan so that helps.

I am sharing this simply as info. My personal findings have been very different but someone took the time to do a review and record info so it is worth looking at. Some of there numbers are interesting. Both at 1.5 smash?? That alone makes me wonder, plus the totals are so close in the real world they would be the same.

1578418523853.png

1578418532974.png

1578418543379.png

I am sharing this simply as info. My personal findings have been very different but someone took the time to do a review and record info so it is worth looking at.

View attachment 8921413

View attachment 8921414

View attachment 8921415

I've never heard of these guys before. It's a lot different than my opinion. I'd argue that their opinion on the tech tells me that they don't have the full story or that they're coming into this with an agenda. In any event, we'll have 14 of us (now that @Jman has one too) ready to share our thoughts in a week.

Those numbers don’t seem to jive.

I am sharing this simply as info. My personal findings have been very different but someone took the time to do a review and record info so it is worth looking at. Some of there numbers are interesting. Both at 1.5 smash?? That alone makes me wonder, plus the totals are so close in the real world they would be the same.

View attachment 8921413

View attachment 8921414

View attachment 8921415

There is a LOT wrong with this but it will be discussed later. So take it for what its worth.

I've never heard of these guys before. It's a lot different than my opinion. I'd argue that their opinion on the tech tells me that they don't have the full story or that they're coming into this with an agenda. In any event, we'll have 14 of us (now that @Jman has one too) ready to share our thoughts in a week.

I agree, their findings are not matching my findings. IMO and take it for what it is worth, I agree that the tech story is a bit light, but that is really besides the point. The tech story is heavy on marketing so I tend to brush things like that aside and focus on actual performance.

I'm leaning towards some sort of agenda here because those numbers don't make sense. They clearly don't have the full story and it sucks they are putting out crap like this because some people will believe it without digging further.

Lucky for THP they have 12 guys with information directly from Callaway and not a marketing brochure or 2nd hand knowledge of what they "think" this driver is.

totally agree.
How don't they jive? I always thought that smash factor is the ball speed divided by the club head speed, and if you did that they're both around 149.****. I probably missing something.

How don't they jive? I always thought that smash factor is the ball speed divided by the club head speed, and if you did that they're both around 149.****. I probably missing something.

I am looking at the curve and smash. I am not sure how they are getting 1.50 smash factor honestly. Was this just one swing out of a group? Was it an average? It is really really hard to get 1.50 smash. So I am just questioning that.

Also, why was one slower than the other? Was he tired at that point? There is nothing about either driver that would make you swing slower.

I agree, their findings are not matching my findings. IMO and take it for what it is worth, I agree that the tech story is a bit light, but that is really besides the point. The tech story is heavy on marketing so I tend to brush things like that aside and focus on actual performance.

I could not disagree with this more. While I can't speak of it yet, to say this is heavy on marketing and others are more tech focused shows a vast misunderstanding on golf club design. Although using the review above as a lateral point, its clear the full story hasn't been shared with retailers yet.

What I do agree with, and most companies would as well, is that while tech is fun to discuss, the performance should dictate the purchase for any golfer.

Honest question - can people say the people who have tried the Mavrik here aren’t biased/have an agenda? Quick to jump on someone else for that when there’s pretty good reason to look at everyone here and say the same.

I’m looking forward to more/aggregate data to hopefully tell the whole story and get average results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other thing is club head speed doesn't match the distance. If we accept for average male golfers Trackman says driving efficiency to be 2.29 yards per mph of club head speed, then the displayed number of 113 mph equals 258.77 yds (2.3 X 113) and that is not even close to what is being represented.

Honest question - can people say the people who have tried the Mavrik here aren’t biased/have an agenda? Quick to jump on someone else for that when there’s pretty good reason to look at everyone here and say the same.

I’m looking forward to more/aggregate data to hopefully tell the whole story and get average results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the forum members biased that got this in hand? Probably. Does that mean their usage or discussion when they are allowed to should mean less?

With that said, give us the performance doesn't jive. Or that they hit it poorly. Its not forgiving or fast enough. Saying the tech is light is just flat out incorrect. I have been given the presentation and studied every driver on the market and coming to market this year. Unless someone wants to dismiss face design as any sort of tech, which is crazy, its just not accurate. And that is literally just one piece of the puzzle.

Our goal is to always make sure people have the absolute correct info on every product on the market.
This goes for every club, every brand and every shaft. We want our readers to be the most informed on the planet and help spread that knowledge to the golfers they encounter.

Back