The Callaway Mavrik Driver

Another Callaway driver I will never hit. If I wasn’t going Cobra this year, I would probably would hit this.

For most of the year, I played the Cobra F9, part of my Morgan Cup gear. It is a great driver. I also had an Epic Flash that came into my hands through THP. It probably worked a little better for me, because it is so forgiving and retains distance on those slight misses as well as anything I have ever played. I think the Flash Face, AI story is real.

All of this really leaves me intrigued. I honestly don’t need a new driver. What I have works great, but I would sure love to put the Mavrik up against the SpeedZone to see relative performance.

Famous last words of a THPer, “I honestly don’t need a new driver ... but”

Last edited:

Not sure if you took my post serious or not... I was just having a little fun with time Phil painted the RBZ 3w black when it came out so he could game it and make it look more like a Callaway club.

I haven't spent much time looking so don't blast me... is there a release date for this yet? Trying to figure out if it's within 90 days of when I bought the EF. ?

I haven't spent much time looking so don't blast me... is there a release date for this yet? Trying to figure out if it's within 90 days of when I bought the EF. ?

I need to double check, but I think pre orders start 1/14 but mot 100% sure.

Embargo lifts 1/14

Not sure if you took my post serious or not... I was just having a little fun with time Phil painted the RBZ 3w black when it came out so he could game it and make it look more like a Callaway club.

I didn't take your post serious!! I guess I should found a good gif but I wasn't thinking.
Dang dog waking me up at 3 in the morning.

So I had the pleasure of hitting the Mavrik last night. Just the standard version. Getting a good relationship going with some of the new people at my home course seems to have some benefits lol. After our winter sim league play last night (we are the last ones with times so we usually just chat with them and play some more relaxed golf after the league round) we started talking about the new lines this year and he said they had a lefty Mavrik in and asked if I wanted to hit it.

Now, understand how rare it is for our club to get lefty anything, so I was pretty excited. I play the Flash right now so all I had to do was pop the head on my current shaft to see how much difference there really was.

Seeing as everyone else is limited with an embargo (and they have wayyyyyyy more in depth knowledge than me) I don't want to give any numbers or anything but I just wanted to say how surprised I was with the immediate performance boost from this club. Swing speed is right around 100 just FYI. Maybe it was the excitement that I got to hit something new and hit it before anyone else but there was some pretty obvious improvements with ball speed, dispersion, forgiveness and sound. I even went back to the Flash right after since I seemed to be in a groove and the numbers just weren't the same.

This driver definitely wasn't on my radar since I just wasn't a fan of the looks and figured not much could change between the Flash and this one. But after seeing it in person and being able to hit it, I'm really excited to hear from the Grandaddy team! Y'all are some lucky people (not that you didn't know that already) :):)

So I had the pleasure of hitting the Mavrik last night. Just the standard version. Getting a good relationship going with some of the new people at my home course seems to have some benefits lol. After our winter sim league play last night (we are the last ones with times so we usually just chat with them and play some more relaxed golf after the league round) we started talking about the new lines this year and he said they had a lefty Mavrik in and asked if I wanted to hit it.

Now, understand how rare it is for our club to get lefty anything, so I was pretty excited. I play the Flash right now so all I had to do was pop the head on my current shaft to see how much difference there really was.

Seeing as everyone else is limited with an embargo (and they have wayyyyyyy more in depth knowledge than me) I don't want to give any numbers or anything but I just wanted to say how surprised I was with the immediate performance boost from this club. Swing speed is right around 100 just FYI. Maybe it was the excitement that I got to hit something new and hit it before anyone else but there was some pretty obvious improvements with ball speed, dispersion, forgiveness and sound. I even went back to the Flash right after since I seemed to be in a groove and the numbers just weren't the same.

This driver definitely wasn't on my radar since I just wasn't a fan of the looks and figured not much could change between the Flash and this one. But after seeing it in person and being able to hit it, I'm really excited to hear from the Grandaddy team! Y'all are some lucky people (not that you didn't know that already) :):)

awesome feedback dude! and I would say since you didn't sign away your life on the nda like us granddaddy guys did, your numbers are probably fine to post.

do you recall which version you were hitting?

I have a round scheduled for this sunday. it will only be one of two rounds I've been able to play since returning from California, but better than nothing. so far, the story for me has been forgiveness. because my swing has needed a lot of it, and while not every swing has been a straight bomb, I've definitely made some pretty bad moves on the ball only to look up and see a surprisingly excellent result.

all this mavrik talk and yesterday was the first time I hit the rogue...and loved it :confused:

awesome feedback dude! and I would say since you didn't sign away your life on the nda like us granddaddy guys did, your numbers are probably fine to post.

do you recall which version you were hitting?

I have a round scheduled for this sunday. it will only be one of two rounds I've been able to play since returning from California, but better than nothing. so far, the story for me has been forgiveness. because my swing has needed a lot of it, and while not every swing has been a straight bomb, I've definitely made some pretty bad moves on the ball only to look up and see a surprisingly excellent result.

I was hitting the standard Mav. I had the option to hit the Max but just didn't like how much bigger it looked. The standard version had a much nicer shape to my eye. It honestly makes the standard Flash I own look a little too big now lol. Unfortunately we didn't have a LH Sub Zero but I don't have a Flash SZ so I figured I didn't need to hit that anyway.

Same thing with me regarding forgiveness. There were some hit that should not have performed as well as they did. Of course I was losing distance on those but man was I surprised when I saw the flight and distance I was still getting.

Sound/feel was one of the big reasons why I never committed to a Callaway driver.

The other was the shape.

....more to come in 4 days.

Retail Mavrik and Sub Zero have the face with the graphics. The Triple Diamond and other tour models have a much cleaner face. Looks 10 times better IMO

Reactions: MH
I was just at the the local Big Box store at lunch and they had the FW out on the demo rack & the drivers locked in the case with the Flash heads.
I could have hit those, but there were several people there trying the TM stuff, I stayed out of the way for those were potential sales.
The color is neither good nor bad to my eye. It just existed. Now my tensei orange would look good with it.

Got to hit the sub zero with both the Rogue and Riptide at lunch. Really liked the driver with the Rogue White and sound is not an issue with this head, in fact I think it sounded better than what I heard when Xander was hitting it in Maui. Shape is also pleasing at address. Also got to hit the Sim but that’s for another thread.

Just went to do a fitting at Carls with the Mavrik against Sim, Sim Max, Speedzone Xtreme, g410, and the trust g400max. I wanted to validate what I was seeing, and I figured it was the least that I could do after all Callaway did for us.

admittedly, I did not have my best swing with me, but the Mavrik that I was fit to in CA bested the competition. Tried many different shaft combinations but I had the best efficiency, spin, dispersion, launch, and carry numbers with this bad boy. The fitter just kind of smiled at the end and said, “Looks like they fit you correctly.” A very fruitful exercise.

I love seeing how much excitement there is surrounding this club. I still have a feeling the fairways stand a really good chance of being the sleeper super star of this release. But, I cannot wait until everyone else starts sharing what they are seeing. The few people that have been able to hit this club all seem to have nothing but positives to share.

Just went to do a fitting at Carls with the Mavrik against Sim, Sim Max, Speedzone Xtreme, g410, and the trust g400max. I wanted to validate what I was seeing, and I figured it was the least that I could do after all Callaway did for us.

admittedly, I did not have my best swing with me, but the Mavrik that I was fit to in CA bested the competition. Tried many different shaft combinations but I had the best efficiency, spin, dispersion, launch, and carry numbers with this bad boy. The fitter just kind of smiled at the end and said, “Looks like they fit you correctly.” A very fruitful exercise.

I know it's hard to trust with all the chaos going on during the event, but I am glad you got the confirmation you needed. I'm looking forward to your longer term reviews.

That says a lot about what we went thru and how well a job they did at the fitting in a short amount of time

I was at golf galaxy close to me last night and the guys were all abuzz with "they're here, they're in the back"....kept wondering if it was the Mavrik line they were all jacked about.

I played this driver on the front and a different one on the back. Come next week I will have a lot of feedback. Super interesting tech is making me examine some of my data a little bit.

I played this driver on the front and a different one on the back. Come next week I will have a lot of feedback. Super interesting tech is making me examine some of my data a little bit.

I have a couple of bullet points highlighted to see of others are seeing the same or it's just me. I'm seeing different things from my Epic Flash (good things) that I did not expect I'd see without making some drastic swing changes.

Which one was runner up?!

Back