The Callaway Mavrik Driver

i like the driver. is it game changing for me? not sure yet because i’m not giving it much to work with.

but the fairways are insane. INSANE.

So interested in the Fairways. To the point of preorder pondering.

At the Odyssey Experience last May Sean Toulon told @fuffle master and I that the new fairways would be exactly that. Redefining, he said. I should’ve held off buying fairways but noooooooooo. :banghead::LOL:

@DNevsCG shared something with us that they achieved in these fairways that has never been achieved in a fairway before by any oem. he was quick to say we can’t share that on the forum. maybe callaway will discuss it on release, maybe they won’t. but we all looked at each other like

As of now, Callaway has taken down that video so we will do the same.
Thanks for posting it, and feel free to get it up again when they do.

I saw a mention on the Callaway community forum that some Mavrik irons photos were up on the Callaway website for a short while but were taken down.

Off-topic but kinda-semi-sorta related. Somewhat.

I was able to catch and watch the Callaway podcast on the Mavrik before they took it down. Amazing info in my opinion. Very exciting on the offerings, heads and shafts.

Last edited:
Looks like someone pushed the button too early. :D
They did mention the 14th on the video. Still looking forward to the posts on this on Monday

i like the driver. is it game changing for me? not sure yet because i’m not giving it much to work with.

The fairways have me most excited. Can't wait to hear from y'all

I guess one question I have is will Callaway have the true "real deal" shafts (name brand and specs) in the Mavrik heads or will it be like the TM's with the name brand shaft but not the same specs as the real ones (ie: Ventus made for TM without Velocore)?
Are we able to get that question answered now or is that a question to be answered on/after the 14th? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Last edited:
I guess one question I have is will Callaway have the true "real deal" shafts (name brand and specs) in the Maverik heads or will it be like the TM's with the name brand shaft but not the same specs as the real ones (ie: Ventus made for TM without Velocore)?
Are we able to get that question answered now or is that a question to be answered on/after the 14th? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
That will come on Tuesday.

I guess one question I have is will Callaway have the true "real deal" shafts (name brand and specs) in the Maverik heads or will it be like the TM's with the name brand shaft but not the same specs as the real ones (ie: Ventus made for TM without Velocore)?
We can't really confirm anything on our end yet. So, I won't reference any shaft specifically. You may have heard what the stock shafts are. I asked specifically on one of them and was assured it was the real deal. The Callaway guy I was speaking with was pretty excited about it.

That is awesome. Thanks!

write it with me: Mavrik

lol

Mavrik . Mavrik . Mavrik . Mavrik . Got it! :ROFLMAO:

I got to see this driver in person today as well as hit it. I loved the SZ! I don't think it's enough to make me switch on the release but I will for sure be getting one from CPO or a head later this year! The swings I got with it I didn't get to put it to my specs that I have on my Flash, but the first swing was 265 fade. That was the SZ 9*. It was the only 9* that Edwin Watts had. None of the settings were messed with but right now I'm gaming the Standard Flash 9* -1/D. If I had had more time I would have messed with the settings, but wife was waiting on me. I was just there to drop the UST Helium Silver shaft off to be cut, tipped and gripped and got the added bonus of them having it in their bays.

315 Carry 180 MPH Ball Speed ?

How is it possible for some stores to already have the Mavrik demo's ready to hit and trial? Why don't they have to wait til the 14th? Just curios.

All this Hype in the Driver thead now leaning to the fairway woods being the star..... ?

I got to see this driver in person today as well as hit it. I loved the SZ! I don't think it's enough to make me switch on the release but I will for sure be getting one from CPO or a head later this year! The swings I got with it I didn't get to put it to my specs that I have on my Flash, but the first swing was 265 fade. That was the SZ 9*. It was the only 9* that Edwin Watts had. None of the settings were messed with but right now I'm gaming the Standard Flash 9* -1/D. If I had had more time I would have messed with the settings, but wife was waiting on me. I was just there to drop the UST Helium Silver shaft off to be cut, tipped and gripped and got the added bonus of them having it in their bays.

I’m excited about the Mavrik SZ too. Hearing the EF Triple Diamond was in some way part of the Mavrik SZ’s development is way cool.

All this Hype in the Driver thead now leaning to the fairway woods being the star..... ?

i’m not sure what is considered hype or not. All you have are thoughts of what this driver might be, grainy unflattering pictures and 12 guys trying to provide information while respecting a NDA that was signed.

just because the fairways will be a great option for many, doesn’t takeaway from the drivers imo.

We can't really confirm anything on our end yet. So, I won't reference any shaft specifically. You may have heard what the stock shafts are. I asked specifically on one of them and was assured it was the real deal. The Callaway guy I was speaking with was pretty excited about it.

If you are referencing the Rogue white I may just order the SZ next week but if it’s only 1 I am guessing it’s the Riptide

Last edited:
Sooo ready to schedule a fitting and see how these suit me. I'm seeing FW and Driver on the way. My local fitter has told me to wait until early March to make sure he has the full fitting cart raring to go. He's a small local guy (formerly TM and Titleist Van Guy) so I'll wait and visit him when he's ready....but jeez the days are going by slowly.

i’m not sure what is considered hype or not. All you have are thoughts of what this driver might be, grainy unflattering pictures and 12 guys trying to provide information while respecting a NDA that was signed.

just because the fairways will be a great option for many, doesn’t takeaway from the drivers imo.
Whoever posted those pics last week does no justice in seeing the driver in person. It looks really good IMO. I did take some pics but I know what it's like not to be able to share and don't want to take away from y'all's pics and thoughts so I'm holding them till embargo date.

Back