The Callaway Mavrik Driver

I'm excited for tomorrow. Have purposefully avoided almost all teasers/leaks etc outside of seeing what the driver looks like. Can't wait to hear about the tech from the GD guys. I'm most interested in the fairways personally.

I'm excited for tomorrow. Have purposefully avoided almost all teasers/leaks etc outside of seeing what the driver looks like. Can't wait to hear about the tech from the GD guys. I'm most interested in the fairways personally.
I think a lot of guys and gals will be more interested in the fairways than driver, but that is just my thought on it. There is a great tech story to be told tomorrow and I'm sure the homepage review will cover it well. Then lots of input form those of us lucky enough to get them.

Fitters will have multiple options available so it can be sorted by a professional before ordering.

Sorry alot has passed since my last post in this thread...just catching up.

I frequent one of the largest fitting centers in OH. If the clubs have adjustable heads they typically offer all of the no charge option shafts as well as some exotic options. But in the case of glued heads their model is pretty simple, they usually get the stock shaft paired with the following:
Driver:
9* - X and Stiff
10.5* - R flex
12* - Lite Flex

Same with Fairway woods and Hybrids:
Lowest loft - stiff flex, Mid lofts - R flex and highest loft A flex.

From talking to the head fitter there, they tried to carry more options in the bonded models, but over the years the cost to carry all options was way too costly for them as they have to pay for the demos.

On the flipside, you have places like Club Champion that have their own hosel adapter. That is nice but when I visited the one by me they only have 3w and 3h heads. I don't play a 3w due to launch issues and when I test hybrids I typically like to start with a 4h.

but nobody rants about not having adjustable hosels on their irons. yet fitters have fitting specific adjustable hosels for irons. it’s a fitting tool that imho never should have made it to retail. i wish i had a bonded driver. give me the weight savings and more fine tuned cg placement all day and twice on sundays.

I fall on the other side. I would love to see irons with adjustable necks... :)

Sorry alot has passed since my last post in this thread...just catching up.

I frequent one of the largest fitting centers in OH. If the clubs have adjustable heads they typically offer all of the no charge option shafts as well as some exotic options. But in the case of glued heads their model is pretty simple, they usually get the stock shaft paired with the following:
Driver:
9* - X and Stiff
10.5* - R flex
12* - Lite Flex

Same with Fairway woods and Hybrids:
Lowest loft - stiff flex, Mid lofts - R flex and highest loft A flex.

From talking to the head fitter there, they tried to carry more options in the bonded models, but over the years the cost to carry all options was way too costly for them as they have to pay for the demos.

On the flipside, you have places like Club Champion that have their own hosel adapter. That is nice but when I visited the one by me they only have 3w and 3h heads. I don't play a 3w due to launch issues and when I test hybrids I typically like to start with a 4h.

It will be dependent on the fitter and how large their account is and even how good their relationship is with the regional rep. Having previously worked for one of the top 5 Callaway accounts in Canada, we had zero issue having multiple shaft and head options for the bonded clubs.

Also, many companies now give companies/courses the option to buy their demos or send them back as credit towards the next years fitting cart parts, more options more costs for sure, but generally year over end the costs just carries over.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
So lunchtime tomorrow for me is going to be quite busy reading by the sound of things.....

Forget about the driver, I just hope the knowledge and posting of experiences and photos lives up to the hype. You guys are very confident in your ability to post, lets see it live up to it! o_O

Is it the 14th yet? I really want to see what all the hype is about.

So you are grandaddy'ers feeling like this today??

1578941260242.png

Less then 24 hours until 14 guys can relieve the stress of not being able to talk about something they are excited about.
Can’t Wait

I’m interested in the hybrids too. They seem to be getting almost no chatter.

Will be giving this a shot when it comes out. If the Callaway 150% trade in bonus applies this year it's already got a leg up on the upgrade process.

So does the embargo lift at 12:01 AM Eastern time or Pacific Time?

Yeah.... I agree with Spencer here, they are awesome. And I am generally not a big fairway guy.

hope you guys are ready for a barrage of info!
Bring it on.

I’m interested in the hybrids too. They seem to be getting almost no chatter.

If you do an eBay search there is Mav hybrid head for sale if you wanted to catch an early glimpse.

Aaron Wise WITB on Instagram show a Mavrik 3 wood with an adjustable hosel

Aaron Wise WITB on Instagram show a Mavrik 3 wood with an adjustable hosel

tour only so no surprise

So does the embargo lift at 12:01 AM Eastern time or Pacific Time?
Something like that, but this guy will NOT be up posting at that time.

Back