The Callaway Mavrik Driver

JB said threads would go up here at like 5AM ET which really isn’t that long from now

Any reviews already written & all that’s needed is to hit “reply”?!?

It's really good!!!! Looks, performance and sound.

Guys are itching to post!!!:ROFLMAO:

Definitely
Hmmm, wonder if any will be up when I awake for work. I browse the forums while drinking my coffee. Might wake me up.

Ugh, this cannot come soon enough

Ok. It's the 14th.....where the details? :D

Lol. The TXG guys have already posted a video about their Mavrik first look. Right at hte stroke of midnight. :LOL:

"Best sounding driver we've ever tested...."

Lol. The TXG guys have already posted a video about their Mavrik first look. Right at hte stroke of midnight. :LOL:

that’s saying something given what they’ve tested. More on sound in about 5 hours

Hey man. It's still the 13th here. :)

Those guys had a lot of good things to say about the drivers. I think that will be a common theme. We'll be blowing up the appropriate threads once they're open.

Hey man. It's still the 13th here. :)

Those guys had a lot of good things to say about the drivers. I think that will be a common theme. We'll be blowing up the appropriate threads once they're open.

It is going to be a really rough day at work. I have a feeling there will be a lot of ninja like THP usage. The last thing I will want to do is actually work when there is new golf gear to talk about!

Updates are in process on the Callaway Golf site (not active yet but building)

1578984603724.png

This feels like Christmas for us Callaway fans!

It has begun! Hope you guys enjoy the content. We'll do our best to answer any questions you may have. I posted my initial review in the appropriate thread for anyone interested. Now, I have to get some sleep. Going to be a busy day tomorrow!

I sought out a Mavrik Driver to hit this morning - and it was good. ? My local shop had Mavrik fitting heads, Speedzone, and SIM all available, so I spent some time playing around with a couple settings on each to start seeing what I might get out of them.

Mavrik was the standout of the day, combined with a Riptide 60g 6.0 shaft. My swing is squarely in mid-winter hibernation, and, in that state something about the combo was letting me link up much more consistent contact. I was swinging more freely and with better speed. I felt like the Mavrik was perhaps a bit lighter head making it easier to swing, or maybe the aero is working really well. The driver was the best feeling of the three for me, and looking at results my launch angle and spin were the best, and consistency basically was the class of the session.

Results below are with no throwaways,and there are some wild shots in there. Since this is a real rough first pass, there may be much that can be done yet with a better grooved action and better club setups to make SpeedZone and SIM perform. More testing is needed and I'm not done yet. Playing the swing I've got - Mavrik put up some numbers fresh off the couch that rival my mid-summer numbers from last year. Easily falling in a groove with a club is something I like to see - this is a starting point that could work out!

IMG_5650.jpg

Check out those blue numbers!

MavrikTesting.png

I sought out a Mavrik Driver to hit this morning - and it was good. ? My local shop had Mavrik fitting heads, Speedzone, and SIM all available, so I spent some time playing around with a couple settings on each to start seeing what I might get out of them.

Mavrik was the standout of the day, combined with a Riptide 60g 6.0 shaft. My swing is squarely in mid-winter hibernation, and, in that state something about the combo was letting me link up much more consistent contact. I was swinging more freely and with better speed. I felt like the Mavrik was perhaps a bit lighter head making it easier to swing, or maybe the aero is working really well. The driver was the best feeling of the three for me, and looking at results my launch angle and spin were the best, and consistency basically was the class of the session.

Results below are with no throwaways,and there are some wild shots in there. Since this is a real rough first pass, there may be much that can be done yet with a better grooved action and better club setups to make SpeedZone and SIM perform. More testing is needed and I'm not done yet. Playing the swing I've got - Mavrik put up some numbers fresh off the couch that rival my mid-summer numbers from last year. Easily falling in a groove with a club is something I like to see - this is a starting point that could work out!

View attachment 8923591

View attachment 8923597

This is good information, post it in the new Mavrik driver thread right here https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/callaway-mavrik-drivers.8911624/

How does the Riptide shaft compare to the Smoke?

View attachment 8923591

View attachment 8923597
Wow, nothing could touch the Mavrik 10 degree.

As a diehard TaylorMade player..... just ordered a Mavrik SZ 10.5 w/ Ventus Black. The TM SIM line this year just didn’t do it for me

Originally I was hitting the SZ 9* and was all over the place. Fitter put me in a 10.5 and it was magic. Spin stayed the same, launch stayed the same, but forgiveness and accuracy improved. I liked the standard Mavrik also but the SZ gave me more ball speed. Mavrik is more forgiving and I can definitely game it. Once the sub zero comes in I’ll hit it for a month and see how it goes. If it’s too hard to keep straight I can switch in to the standard Mavrik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a diehard TaylorMade player..... just ordered a Mavrik SZ 10.5 w/ Ventus Black. The TM SIM line this year just didn’t do it for me

Originally I was hitting the SZ 9* and was all over the place. Fitter put me in a 10.5 and it was magic. Spin stayed the same, launch stayed the same, but forgiveness and accuracy improved. I liked the standard Mavrik also but the SZ gave me more ball speed. Mavrik is more forgiving and I can definitely game it. Once the sub zero comes in I’ll hit it for a month and see how it goes. If it’s too hard to keep straight I can switch in to the standard Mavrik

Ventus Black? Nice! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Did you try any of the stock shafts? If you get a chance, drop your thoughts in the release thread.

Ventus Black? Nice! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Did you try any of the stock shafts? If you get a chance, drop your thoughts in the release thread.

Only tried the rogue white 60 and 70x. The 60 had too much of a kick and felt pretty loose. The 70 I could have happily played.
I traded in 2 clubs and had a $100 gift card, so I only paid $150 total including the Ventus. The profile of the Rogue White doesn’t typically fit my swing. It’s an amazing shaft tho for a stock offering!

Damnit. This is exactly why I said I needed to stop reading this thread. I've been pondering a 10.5 SZ (instead of a 9), because I didn't get to hit one, and *in my head* it's potentially solving a couple very minor issues.

Back