The Car Shopping Thread

Congrats! The Sport is a great value in the Accord lineup and I think you will be very happy for a long time.
I'm beyond ecstatic-- drove the EX-L, the 1.5 Sport and the 2.0 Sport... yeah not much of a contest once I got in the 2.0. Paperwork done, just have to go pick it up tomorrow.

Getting a bit excited here

1224DA37-35DD-4AB6-AA1C-438027A73E28.png

I'm beyond ecstatic-- drove the EX-L, the 1.5 Sport and the 2.0 Sport... yeah not much of a contest once I got in the 2.0. Paperwork done, just have to go pick it up tomorrow.

I have a 2019 EX-L 1.5 myself. One of the definitions of middle age is that you're more concerned with how long your car will last than how fast it will go. I debated 1.5 vs 2.0 and found the former to be plenty peppy enough for me. Of course, since my 2015 had been totaled, I couldn't be all that fussy. I also know a lot of 2.0 owners who love their cars. You can be sure that if it's a Honda, it's a really good engine.

Looks like the love child of a Maserati and a Genesis. To me, Audi and BMW (to a lesser extent) exuded beauty in their understatements. But I find myself hating a new design, only to love it a year later.

Looks like the love child of a Maserati and a Genesis. To me, Audi and BMW (to a lesser extent) exuded beauty in their understatements. But I find myself hating a new design, only to love it a year later.
I quite like the large mouth bass grill, but it bothers me that little thought was given to the fact that the majority of the world requires a front license plate. Now you have to stick a big hunk of metal in the middle of something that is supposed to be the signature design element of the car.

I quite like the large mouth bass grill, but it bothers me that little thought was given to the fact that the majority of the world requires a front license plate. Now you have to stick a big hunk of metal in the middle of something that is supposed to be the signature design element of the car.
1200px-2017_Audi_A4_(8W)_S-Line_quattro_sedan_(2018-03-22)_01.jpg

What spec did you order?
LR. I never used the power of the S in the crowded streets here so I saw no need to upgrade but if I lived somewhere else I would have been all over the performance upgrades

Wife is encouraging me to get a truck to be able to have some capacity for hauling stuff, even as rare or infrequent as it is. It was mentioned previously a nissan titan XD which I've checked out, but any other suggestions?

Most important are fuel efficiency (30 mi each way to work) and crew cab, I don't have a need for a large bed or ability to tow. I'm kind of thinking of waiting for ford rangers to come off lease?

I've heard the F-150 ecoboosts are good... and considering it's a 6 cylinder or even a 4 cylinder, the mileage is better than you'd get from a 8 cylinder. That's if you like Ford. I had a 2017 mustang ecoboost for a couple of months before it was totaled and the ecoboost was fine. Granted it wanted premium gasoline but would run on 87 octane... with about a 25% loss of horsepower.

If you're looking towards GM with their acvite fuel management, a lot of people don't like that... but you can't go wrong with a Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra... they're everywhere around here.

The most popular truck I'm seeing in the parking lot at work is the RAM 1500. 1 is a 6 cylinder. The owner likes it. I haven't heard of any issues with them.

I was about to buy a 2020 F150, trading in my 2015 that was having electrical problems. The last 2 Fords I had have had electrical problems. My truck and my work car that was a 2016 Escape.

I swung in a Ram dealer on my way to sign the papers and found a 2018 Ram quad cab with the pentastar with 15,000 miles for a song. I couldn’t believe it was so cheap. Dealer said it’s a v6, the last year before the model change and not popular in the Ram world. At 305hp and with 3.55s able to tow 7,000lbs (I’ll never tow close to that) it’s plenty of truck for me and I saved a ton of cash. Did the paperwork right then and there and cancelled the Ford deal. Saved a car payment as with my trade in and what I was putting down on the Ford, I was able to buy it outright.

b02f082dac938b29f3b1287bda2eac4c.jpg

I skip mounting the front license plate on and so far have never been pulled over for it.

Wife is encouraging me to get a truck to be able to have some capacity for hauling stuff, even as rare or infrequent as it is. It was mentioned previously a nissan titan XD which I've checked out, but any other suggestions?

Most important are fuel efficiency (30 mi each way to work) and crew cab, I don't have a need for a large bed or ability to tow. I'm kind of thinking of waiting for ford rangers to come off lease?
Have you looked at the Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon? I highly suggest taking a test drive.

I skip mounting the front license plate on and so far have never been pulled over for it.
Same here, but with that being said I have a friend who has received numerous tickets for the same thing. Considering your registration tags and what have you are always on the rear, I wish states/countries would allow you to display your front numbers in several different ways. I wouldn't mind fitting a series of numbers into the front somewhere off center.

I've heard the F-150 ecoboosts are good... and considering it's a 6 cylinder or even a 4 cylinder, the mileage is better than you'd get from a 8 cylinder.
I was given a F150 Lariat Sport as a loaner when my work vehicle went in for work. It had the 6 cylinder ecoboost. The thing bloody flies! I remember having a little traffic light GP with charger and I left the thing standing! Gotta say, my mileage was horrendous, but then I have a heavy right foot and couldn’t help having fun in the vehicle. That all being said, as fantastic as the engine was, along with a really nice cabin, the ride was awful! It was so softly sprung, the thing felt like it was bobbing constantly down the street as if I was in a boat! A real fun vehicle to play with short term, but it confirmed my suspicions that trucks aren’t for me.

LR. I never used the power of the S in the crowded streets here so I saw no need to upgrade but if I lived somewhere else I would have been all over the performance upgrades

Planning to order the LR later this year. Waiting to see if there are any tweaks coming out after Battery Day. Thought about the Performance, but acceleration wise the LR is already faster than the performance level of the other cars I was considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning to order the LR later this year. Waiting to see if there are any tweaks coming out after Battery Day. Thought about the Performance, but acceleration wise the LR is already faster than the performance level of the other cars I was considering.

Realistically I think any application of new batteries is going to apply to the S and X only and most likely the Roadster.

Realistically I think any application of new batteries is going to apply to the S and X only and most likely the Roadster.

I think they may start with the cyber truck. But, Elon’s motivation is to build out his self driving fleet with million mile batteries. So, any battery improvements could make it into the 3 and Y sooner than later.

I think they may start with the cyber truck. But, Elon’s motivation is to build out his self driving fleet with million mile batteries. So, any battery improvements could make it into the 3 and Y sooner than later.

Oh I agree 1000%, I just think we are too close to Model Y release for them to fundamentally change the build.

Back