The Car Shopping Thread

You love it? Looking real good

A few minor things they will fix but otherwise it’s amazing. I’ve wanted a Tesla since 2012 and still can’t believe I own one.

A few minor things they will fix but otherwise it’s amazing. I’ve wanted a Tesla since 2012 and still can’t believe I own one.
Heck yes! Try to keep the speeding to a minimum. But that doesn’t mean none

Heck yes! Try to keep the speeding to a minimum. But that doesn’t mean none

The acceleration is amazing. I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra 8k for performance model.

The acceleration is amazing. I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra 8k for performance model.
Agreed. My S was maxed out (for 2013 standards) but it was a waste back then too. LR all the way! So fast. So fun. I hope you love it!

His and hers for the wife and I this week. Got lucky in the Model Y and was able to buy the floor model so delivery time was only 2 days instead of 2 months. I love this car!

d136782f3801c8ec703b239c4ac8e7df.jpeg

692f6ee79ce5e867491d22d64f2935f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His and hers for the wife and I this week. Got lucky in the Model Y and was able to buy the floor model so delivery time was only 2 days instead of 2 months. I love this car!

what was the electrical needed at home?

what was the electrical needed at home?

I added a Nema 14-50 outlet yesterday. Helps to get faster charging, but you can charge with a normal 110 outlet. Difference is the speed of charging. The 110 outlet is 4-5 miles of charging per hour. The 14-50 should be over 30 miles per hour.

I added a Nema 14-50 outlet yesterday. Helps to get faster charging, but you can charge with a normal 110 outlet. Difference is the speed of charging. The 110 outlet is 4-5 miles of charging per hour. The 14-50 should be over 30 miles per hour.

thanks! What’s the range on a full charge?

thanks! What’s the range on a full charge?

Have not had it long enough to really see. It’s Performance Model, so won’t be as long as the Long Range Model. It’s rated for 299 miles at 100% charge I think. But, things like weather conditions, running heat/air, lead foot, have a major impact on that. I am expecting to get somewhere around 250 miles on a full charge. If for no other reason, it’s way to fun to stomp on the accelerator and get thrown back into my seat.

Have not had it long enough to really see. It’s Performance Model, so won’t be as long as the Long Range Model. It’s rated for 299 miles at 100% charge I think. But, things like weather conditions, running heat/air, lead foot, have a major impact on that. I am expecting to get somewhere around 250 miles on a full charge. If for no other reason, it’s way to fun to stomp on the accelerator and get thrown back into my seat.

i rode in one from the airport last year and the driver had a heavy foot. I was shocked how quickly that car got moving. Really impressed

Have had thoughts of trading in my '16 4Runner for something with a V8, but just haven't seen anything that catches my eye. And I only have 10K miles on it. I barely drive so what's the point?
Have an '06 Mercury Milan that was my mom & dad's that has, get this, 23K miles on it. :ROFLMAO: Trade in value? Like 2K. It would be easy $25-30K to replace that car now. Ultimate old granny car that someone would love to have I'm sure! I drive it once a week to keep the battery charged. :p My uncle is still driving his 1995 Chevy 1500 and I keep thinking it will die and he'll need this car in a pinch. :rolleyes: Oh well, I have the garage space. (y)

Only 10 more days until Bronco reveal!
I've been waiting and nursing my truck along for 2 years. Hoping for delivery late winter or early spring next year.

If you have a costco membership, go through them. A lot less hassle in any car purchase.

Only 10 more days until Bronco reveal!
I've been waiting and nursing my truck along for 2 years. Hoping for delivery late winter or early spring next year.

The Bronco is not expected to arrive at dealers until 2022 (that's what our GSM stated) and you will have to get on a list early to secure 1. The smaller Bronco Sport will arrive before it's big brother...

The Bronco is not expected to arrive at dealers until 2022 (that's what our GSM stated) and you will have to get on a list early to secure 1. The smaller Bronco Sport will arrive before it's big brother...
Based on all the leaked information, I believe this is incorrect. Guess we'll find out in 10 days.

I can find out but we were just told the other day not to expect it before 2022. The Mach E, 2021 F150, and Bronco Sport will arrive before the Bronco.

OK he's thinking lots won't have them until 2022. They will be special order like the Mach E is right now and they will be sold at MSRP or above MSRP....crazy.

MY LR MY is so damn fast already im glad I didn't succumb to the Performance model.

That being said I they sell a speed upgrade in a year like they did on the M3 I might be tempted.

MY LR MY is so damn fast already im glad I didn't succumb to the Performance model.

That being said I they sell a speed upgrade in a year like they did on the M3 I might be tempted.

I asked about that, and probably would have gone that route also if it was available or planned. But, at this point they do not have any known plans for that. I suspect it will happen at some point though. Having said that, I love hitting the accelerator.

I have a performance model 3 and love the acceleration. The suspension is lacking in the twisties if you are into that like I am, so a little mod to add MPP coilovers does the trick. Totally smoked the Corvettes I lead on our runs. More road knowledge than car abilities, but I still get a kick out of making a Corvette struggle to keep up with a Tesla. In case anybody is interested, my twisty battery mileage is way less than just cruising. I will multiply the miles of my proposed twisty trip by 1.84 to give me miles that will be burned. My indicated full charge is 294 miles, so divided by 1.84 gives me an available distance of only 160 miles. Made it to the supercharger with 60 miles showing left.20200620_121523.jpg

Last edited:
I talked to my salesman that sold me my car in October on Thursday. CJDR dealer. He said business is really goo because people are using that unspent vacation money and taking advantage on car deals. He said is biggest issue is new car inventory. With the big 3 being shut down 2+ months, new vehicles are hard to come by.

I have a performance model 3 and love the acceleration. The suspension is lacking in the twisties if you are into that like I am, so a little mod to add MPP coilovers does the trick. Totally smoked the Corvettes I lead on our runs. More road knowledge than car abilities, but I still get a kick out of making a Corvette struggle to keep up with a Tesla. In case anybody is interested, my twisty battery mileage is way less than just cruising. I will multiply the miles of my proposed twisty trip by 1.84 to give me miles that will be burned. My indicated full charge is 294 miles, so divided by 1.84 gives me an available distance of only 160 miles. Made it to the supercharger with 60 miles showing left.View attachment 8952043
Because I don’t know, how per hour does in cost to charge a Tesla? How does it usually take and I assume that you go to a charging station because you don’t have a home hookup.

Because I don’t know, how per hour does in cost to charge a Tesla? How does it usually take and I assume that you go to a charging station because you don’t have a home hookup.

I have a Model 3 and it’s about $7-$8 in NYC at a supercharger. From basically empty the version 2 supercharger takes about an hour and 15 min. V3 gets a full charge in about 40 min. Different areas charge different prices just like gas. Model S and X I believe still come with free unlimited supercharging.

At home it is much cheaper. Somewhere around $12-14 for the month.

No, I normally charge from home, but I was too far from home and had this supercharger all planned for a stop. Cost me a little over $7 for 100 miles of charge which was enough to get home and took less than 15 minutes.

I talked to my salesman that sold me my car in October on Thursday. CJDR dealer. He said business is really goo because people are using that unspent vacation money and taking advantage on car deals. He said is biggest issue is new car inventory. With the big 3 being shut down 2+ months, new vehicles are hard to come by.

Yea we have been pretty busy at Ford but it may slow down until we get more inventory. Luckily Ford has been building and shipping quick. The used market is really high so it's a good time for someone wanting to trade.

Back