The Car Shopping Thread

I have not. Just noting the hype in here. ;)
I'm not sure Broncos are my thing anymore or Jeeps. Little more "outdoor adventure" than what I need.
I have no idea what I'd get at this point. So many recalls. I like that I just had airbags to do and nothing else thus far. That's a win.
Vehicles are needlessly complex sometimes.

I think what you're seeing in here is not hype but excitement. It's difficult to hype something I've never seen, but I am very excited to see it.

I really, really like the look of the Bronco. The Cactus Gray is calling my name. I just need to see one in person before moving to a hard ponder since I had such a bad experience with my 16 Exploder that I am hesitant to trust Ford with another new/redesign model. PLus, I would want the hype to die down a bit and see if I can work a deal on one.

I really, really like the look of the Bronco. The Cactus Gray is calling my name. I just need to see one in person before moving to a hard ponder since I had such a bad experience with my 16 Exploder that I am hesitant to trust Ford with another new/redesign model. PLus, I would want the hype to die down a bit and see if I can work a deal on one.
I'm not sure if they're using new axles and other parts, but the engines are not new, I don't think.:mad:

I'm not sure if they're using new axles and other parts, but the engines are not new, I don't think.:mad:
Yeah, its not. But the transmission is, which is not exactly Ford's strong suit from my experience. Last time they did a new transmission, it ended in a class action (see Ford Fiesta). The issue for my Explorer was the assembly of the new package. Still have the same 3.5L EcoBoost that was popular, and a pretty standard 6 speed transmission. But the issue I have ghad is the electronics. I still think it has a bad body control module somewhere, but it was mostly electrical problems. That would be my concern with this new package in the Bronco.

Yeah, its not. But the transmission is, which is not exactly Ford's strong suit from my experience. Last time they did a new transmission, it ended in a class action (see Ford Fiesta). The issue for my Explorer was the assembly of the new package. Still have the same 3.5L EcoBoost that was popular, and a pretty standard 6 speed transmission. But the issue I have ghad is the electronics. I still think it has a bad body control module somewhere, but it was mostly electrical problems. That would be my concern with this new package in the Bronco.
The 10spd auto isn't new, just the manual, right?

The 10spd auto isn't new, just the manual, right?
I don’t think so, in a broad sense. I was more referring to the transfer case and the new 4WD system and selector, especially with the variants between models. But either way, I want to see one in person and drive one. I also want to see if clubs will fit laying down.

I thought it looked like a Ford Flex that finally hit puberty.
Or a Ford flex that didn't completely give up on life yet.

Just put in my reservation for a 2D Bronco. Only $100, and totally refundable if for some reason I change my mind in the next 6 months. I said I would wait until they were on dealer lots, but the reveal locked in my opinion. I want one, no question about it.

Got an email for reservations, and some cool info about the models
Screenshot_20200715-130631_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200715-130647_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200715-130657_Drive.jpg

If I hadn't just bought a Wrangler I would be all over the new Bronco. I had an 88 Bronco years back and would love to get back into one. I'm thinking the four door Badlands or Wildtrak with sasquatch pkg (mainly because that sounds cool) would be right up my alley.

Much like everyone else though, I just want to see one in the wild to be sure I like it as much as I think I do. I'll be in the market again in about 3.5 years so by then they should have the kinks worked out.

I went with the Black Diamond. The washout interior is very enticing, and the locking rear diff being standard, along with the other features might make this the best bang for the buck for me. We’ll see more specifics as we get closer.

Candidly I’m probably most excited about being able to carry my clubs in something larger than my current Mini Cooper. :ROFLMAO:

I went with Outer Banks. Honestly I don't need much in terms of the off-road features. I basically never go anywhere more off-road than gravel. But living near Buffalo, I need to be able to get through 6-12 inches of snow on road. And of course be roofless/doorless in the summer.

FYI, I am having great luck with finding great used Hyundai Santa Fe's for my kids to drive. They hold up great and have a ton of airbags and you can find them cheap

FYI, I am having great luck with finding great used Hyundai Santa Fe's for my kids to drive. They hold up great and have a ton of airbags and you can find them cheap

Bought my daughter a Tucson for graduation. Great affordable car and she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Bronco definitely has my interest. Looked at the 2-doors but want to wait and see how the first year goes before I get any more serious. Plus I'd have to move my Mustang most likely which would be a tough decision. I'll always own a pickup truck of some sort.

Is that Star White? Also what engine did you put in it? Sweet looking truck.
It is Star White. The truck has the 3.5L EcoBoost V6. I had the truck‘s paint ceramic coated too. After the polish they did to the paint, the metallic sparkle is amazin!

Got into a new lease while the deals were good and my work needed used trucks badly so it worked for both. Got the 3.5 this time...I did great on mileage with my 2.7.

106CF025-FB5F-4E16-8C22-6A1FFFDAE6D4.jpeg4FCF100E-2E65-4093-94A4-38E9BA5C5A6A.jpeg

I will miss the truck below...it was my first new truck.

F0C22554-915C-4B2F-9C00-95D7F4A70EC9.jpeg

Reactions: KEV
View attachment 8953609
The new Bronco definitely has my interest. Looked at the 2-doors but want to wait and see how the first year goes before I get any more serious. Plus I'd have to move my Mustang most likely which would be a tough decision. I'll always own a pickup truck of some sort.

The Bronco is going to a huge seller it appears. We had 64 orders in 24 hours...

Anyone own a 2017-2018 Lincoln MKX? If so, any reason to stay away?

Back