The Car Shopping Thread

I have had great luck with Hyndai. We currently have four between my kids and myself. The wife has a used Caddy. My Veracruz which is my rep car has 227K and hasnt cost me a dime outside of a radiator. I bought it for $3600. I honestly thinks it drives great. And i drive the crap out of it.

We have been a Hyundai/Kia family until my latest car. My 12 year old Hyundai only needed a new break line and ignition switch and still was like new when I sold it. Wife's Kia 8 years old, other than her cat wizzing on the seat has had nothing repaired. We bought both of those new and loved the reliability on them and the value for dollar.

I was going to stay in the family and get a Genesis, but dealers were staying strong on price. Unable to score an early covid deal. Got an insane deal on current car, that 9 months later I can sell it for $2k-3k more than I paid with taxes. Would have like to stay in the Hyundai/kia family and probably will when we replace the wife's car and hand down hers to the kid.

Getting creepy vibes here. I think this was from a TrueCar lead...
1616607761651.png

Went to a track day with my buddy and his new C8 Corvette with Z51 package. OMG is that car fast....yikes! The shifts are blistering fast and the sound is off-the-charts.

Can't believe it, but I took the Carvana offer on my 6 month old car. It was too good not too.

Haha, what next JB?

Can't believe it, but I took the Carvana offer on my 6 month old car. It was too good not too.
Be interested to learn how the transaction transpires (i.e. if it goes "Smooth" and "Unencumbered")

Haha, what next JB?

I found one and bought it last night online and it gets delivered Monday. Im not spoiling my fun until its here and I decide to keep it. I have 7 days to make that decision and have it looked over as well.

Be interested to learn how the transaction transpires (i.e. if it goes "Smooth" and "Unencumbered")
Me too honestly. My research says it will, along with an easy return policy. That was enough for me to at least try it, because the offer was so good.

I need/want a diesel truck but have no interest in car shopping right now. I have been putting it off but will be forced to do something soon.

I will say buying a wrangler has been fun. There are so many mods you can get and change your vehicle to personalize it in many ways.

I can't wait to get this off-roading around me. There is a park that you can get three of the Badges. The ironic thing is I am so far from the personality that people would say is a Wrangler type person. I don't camp, don't like anything about that type of outdoors. My idea of camping is going to a hotel and hot tubing after hiking. However, I do think off-roading looks like a ton of fun.

Me too honestly. My research says it will, along with an easy return policy. That was enough for me to at least try it, because the offer was so good.
I image especially for this company, bad experience issues, like bad news, would travel fast and hard to stop.

Getting creepy vibes here. I think this was from a TrueCar lead...
View attachment 8999524
TrueCar sucks. I inquired about 2 cars through them a few weeks ago. Serious inquiries, so I gave my phone number, as I wanted the dealership to call me right away. Since then I have received AT LEAST 15 spam text messages per day.

I checked my sms spam folder on my phone, and saw the last time I received a spam message (before I inquired through TrueCar) was Dec 2 2020, and the time before that was in 2018!

Rarely do I give my phone number out. I made one little exception and I am paying the price. Do not use TrueCar!

*** as I was writing this, I received two more spam texts.

They sure are making attractive offers lately!!
Can’t wait to see what’s next for you!

Prices are insane right now. Vroom is offering us what we paid new in Aug 2019 for my wife’s Tahoe.

They sure are making attractive offers lately!!
Can’t wait to see what’s next for you!

They really are. Having a 6 month old American luxury car and paying me more than what its worth and what was owed was astonishing, so I will let them take the hit and bought something from them that should be fun to drive.

They really are. Having a 6 month old American luxury car and paying me more than what its worth and what was owed was astonishing, so I will let them take the hit and bought something from them that should be fun to drive.
Ariel Atom?

TrueCar sucks. I inquired about 2 cars through them a few weeks ago. Serious inquiries, so I gave my phone number, as I wanted the dealership to call me right away. Since then I have received AT LEAST 15 spam text messages per day.

I checked my sms spam folder on my phone, and saw the last time I received a spam message (before I inquired through TrueCar) was Dec 2 2020, and the time before that was in 2018!

Rarely do I give my phone number out. I made one little exception and I am paying the price. Do not use TrueCar!

*** as I was writing this, I received two more spam texts.
Give me your number....I can get you a killer deal.....LOL.

Sounds crazy because why would they pay you more for your car than what it's worth unless the profit on the other car covers them? I know plenty of owners of car dealers and they never pay more than wholesale minus repairs / conditioning costs.

Sounds crazy because why would they pay you more for your car than what it's worth unless the profit on the other car covers them? I know plenty of owners of car dealers and they never pay more than wholesale minus repairs / conditioning costs.
That’s not how Carvana works. I didn’t have to buy a car from them to receive the check.

That’s not how Carvana works. I didn’t have to buy a car from them to receive the check.
So did you take money to another dealer or bought from carvana? Did you get to use the vending machine... Their buying concept is soooo cool

So did you take money to another dealer or bought from carvana? Did you get to use the vending machine... Their buying concept is soooo cool
Shopped both. Ended up buying from Carvana because there is a bit of a sales tax benefit to trade and buy and their price was better. Car I purchased was priced right for whet it is and when it gets delivered Monday I will take it to dealer to have a look over since I have 7 days to return it.

I didn’t use the vending machine since my car was not local.

Shopped both. Ended up buying from Carvana because there is a bit of a sales tax benefit to trade and buy and their price was better. Car I purchased was priced right for whet it is and when it gets delivered Monday I will take it to dealer to have a look over since I have 7 days to return it.

Hahaha awesome, can't wait for reveal! You usually get some sweet cars!

Carvana sounds good.

So JB, they pay you over-value per some valuation, and you aren't obligated to buy a car from them? I'm asking not to question your deal but to understand how Carvana works.

Back