The Car Shopping Thread

How long do we think that some Auto Manufacture see this model along with this success and tries to replicate it or allows Carvana to sell new cars.
Can I ask under what premise you told the dealer that you want them to do a once over on a used car?
Carvana has to turn a profit first I would imagine. I’m not sure I understand the second part.

It was between that or the Alfa Romeo Giulia to me. And one other BMW.
Finding cars worth less than the previous made it a pretty easy jump. So far so good.

It was between that or the Alfa Romeo Giulia to me. And one other BMW.
Finding cars worth less than the previous made it a pretty easy jump. So far so good.

Some quality choices, and fun cars to drive! Hope the 435 works out for you!

Some quality choices, and fun cars to drive! Hope the 435 works out for you!

And I am a moron, its a 430i haha. Its been a long day and I have been up since 3am haha

Carvana has to turn a profit first I would imagine. I’m not sure I understand the second part.
Rephrase: So you are taking it in to a dealer on Wednesday - Are they doing an overall review of the car to make sure it's operating correctly or just and Oil Change/Rotate Tires?

And I am a moron, its a 430i haha. Its been a long day and I have been up since 3am haha

You've only had it an hour, we'll let it slide this time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Rephrase: So you are taking it in to a dealer on Wednesday - Are they doing an overall review of the car to make sure it's operating correctly or just and Oil Change/Rotate Tires?

Overall check up. Oil change and 4 brand new tires were done recently. It has 8000 miles before next service.
Everything appears rock solid, but I am no mechanic and want to have it thoroughly inspected.

Its a BMW 435i Gran Coupe.
Got a great deal on one with warranty left and 4 brand new tires.
definitely not old or boring! I knew it was going to be legit!

Ah yes! My BMW only had room for my clubs so no rides given here!! Looks like the 430i has room aplenty!

M Sport package?

Accessories finally came in. Weathertech floor and cargo mats. Also a console tray and sunshield. But very excited about weathertech mats.

B6A740E9-9888-4A73-9805-149636773F22.jpeg

DB367CFC-E732-49F1-8196-F412EA27C485.jpeg

Nope. Well equipped, but was not looking for M Sport.
That's probably pretty smart. I couldn't keep my foot out of mine. I basically switched it to sport mode as soon as I got inside Capital Circle.

Update...got into the dealership around 1:45PM or so....walked out keys in my hand at 4:30pm. Helped I had my car appraisal in hand from Carvana and the truck I wanted no one else was looking at. Ended up getting $13K off sticker and they took my car for what Carvana was offering. The easiest deal I have ever done and I am happy to be back in a truck.

What kind of truck did yiu get? This is basically the exact process ill follow, and hoping for a similar result since 13k off sticker is a great deal.

Stuck down the Mini Van Rabbit Hole right now. We are in the market for one as soon as the wife goes back to work in July.
I want one now. Incentives run out up here in 2 days..... but that isn't happening.

Probably just going to be a new Dodge Grand Caravan, because honestly I drive one for work and don't hate it. Also don't want to be like 50k or 60k into a van.....

Why the heck does a GT level trim on a Grand Caravan not have Roof Rails, but every other trim seems to? I feel like I want the trailer package.... but don't own a trailer lol.

Stuck down the Mini Van Rabbit Hole right now. We are in the market for one as soon as the wife goes back to work in July.
I want one now. Incentives run out up here in 2 days..... but that isn't happening.

Probably just going to be a new Dodge Grand Caravan, because honestly I drive one for work and don't hate it. Also don't want to be like 50k or 60k into a van.....

Why the heck does a GT level trim on a Grand Caravan not have Roof Rails, but every other trim seems to? I feel like I want the trailer package.... but don't own a trailer lol.
Screenshot_20210329-215707_Chrome.jpg

loving it!
Took a little road trip 90 minutes north to play a round Saturday and it was such an easy ride. Comfortable and smooth.
There is sooooo much room on the 2nd row in this one. I had my grandmother and wife riding second row the other day and they could not believe how much room they had. When you move into the regular Atlas, that room gets a bit less to make room for the 3rd row.
My wife has a Highlander with a 3rd row, and we have used it twice or so, in the last 4 years. It was a no brained to go two row for my situation.
Any additional updates? Wife wants something different than the Tahoe (more features) and is looking at Atlas Cross Sports. My old man has an Atlas SE VR6 FWD,
I love it, but not impressed with the FWD. Yours looks like a SEL possibly R-line. I’m leaning toward a SE/ SEL/ SEL premium. Her needs are as much driver assist as possible, she works nights and falls asleep on the one hour drive home. I want allmotion (Quattro) and and the VR6, Along with leather and all of the extras... lol.. including multi driver memory for seat and mirrors. We are going to explore all options. I’m tired of her getting tired of her purchasing a SUV every 2-3 years. I’d rather spend 70k and have her happy, over spending 40k and not getting what she (we) want lol. The ultimate for us would be a new Denali diesel. But 70k is a stretch. If that’s what it takes we will do it. I’d rather get the right fit over a sacrifice. That being said, I turn 40 next year, and I want to make a mid life crisis sports car purchase. And a 70k suv would eliminate that, lol.

No dice at the dealership tonight. Not sure what happened to the Costco pricing as we immediately went into full-blown negotiating. They couldn’t match the price I had from another dealer so we got Chik Fil A and went home. Tomorrow is another day!

Any additional updates? Wife wants something different than the Tahoe (more features) and is looking at Atlas Cross Sports. My old man has an Atlas SE VR6 FWD,
I love it, but not impressed with the FWD. Yours looks like a SEL possibly R-line. I’m leaning toward a SE/ SEL/ SEL premium. Her needs are as much driver assist as possible, she works nights and falls asleep on the one hour drive home. I want allmotion (Quattro) and and the VR6, Along with leather and all of the extras... lol.. including multi driver memory for seat and mirrors. We are going to explore all options. I’m tired of her getting tired of her purchasing a SUV every 2-3 years. I’d rather spend 70k and have her happy, over spending 40k and not getting what she (we) want lol.

I’m extremely happy with it. Really enjoying driving it, and all the features. I do have the SEL premium R line as you guessed.
I did recently experiment with some of the features with driver assist, and found them helpful. Not just the adaptive cruise control, but the lane assist features as well. It does kind of turn itself a bit, but still requires manual control. In fact as I tried it, it alerted me to “drive in the middle of the lane” as I started to drift over.

Some good deals with the sign then drive event going on at VW. While it certainly won’t win any drag races, I find the power adequate with the V6 for my needs. I don’t drive hard or fast at all though. My wife much prefers it in sport mode. The biggest issue I have is the gas mileage, as I’m sitting at about 21mpg right now, that’s something I wish was better.

overall I remain very happy and impressed with it. The amount of leg room and space in the second row is just astounding. It transports my clubs with no issues. It has the tech that I want.

while I was mostly looking at leases at first, so I could upgrade in a few years, I spent a whole afternoon test driving and playing with this, and ultimately bought it instead of a lease, with hopes/plans to keep it for 100k.

I’m extremely happy with it. Really enjoying driving it, and all the features. I do have the SEL premium R line as you guessed.
I did recently experiment with some of the features with driver assist, and found them helpful. Not just the adaptive cruise control, but the lane assist features as well. It does kind of turn itself a bit, but still requires manual control. In fact as I tried it, it alerted me to “drive in the middle of the lane” as I started to drift over.

Some good deals with the sign then drive event going on at VW. While it certainly won’t win any drag races, I find the power adequate with the V6 for my needs. I don’t drive hard or fast at all though. My wife much prefers it in sport mode. The biggest issue I have is the gas mileage, as I’m sitting at about 21mpg right now, that’s something I wish was better.

overall I remain very happy and impressed with it. The amount of leg room and space in the second row is just astounding. It transports my clubs with no issues. It has the tech that I want.

while I was mostly looking at leases at first, so I could upgrade in a few years, I spent a whole afternoon test driving and playing with this, and ultimately bought it instead of a lease, with hopes/plans to keep it for 100k.
Yeah, I agree on the mileage, my old mans Atlas gets about the same as our 2wd Tahoe. It is what it is. At this point, safety is first. Luxury is second. I would go buy a model 3 but wifey doesn’t want a car.

What kind of truck did yiu get? This is basically the exact process ill follow, and hoping for a similar result since 13k off sticker is a great deal.

I ended up going with a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie similar to this one

1617103874087.png

Carvana pick up is scheduled tomorrow. Hoping to seal the deal on the new car tonight.

Carvana pick up is scheduled tomorrow. Hoping to seal the deal on the new car tonight.

Was the tax savings not worth it to buy from them too? Or couldn't find anything?

Back