The Car Shopping Thread

I took advantage of the high values and traded in my raptor this last Sat. Loved that truck but getting almost what I paid after 14 months was worth it. We ended up with a 2021 Expedition Limited Max. We can now haul all three grandkids if we need to and road trips will be super plush! Ordered all of the weather tech floormats which should be here Monday!
EXP.jpg

New car is home! Too bad I had to drive it in the rain with the fresh detailing 🤷‍♂️
3DC474C1-DD84-40B1-BB44-030F4986819A.jpeg

I took advantage of the high values and traded in my raptor this last Sat. Loved that truck but getting almost what I paid after 14 months was worth it. We ended up with a 2021 Expedition Limited Max. We can now haul all three grandkids if we need to and road trips will be super plush! Ordered all of the weather tech floormats which should be here Monday!
View attachment 9000747
It was a toss up between the Expedition and my Suburban when I was looking. Familiarity and finding one at a dealership willing to work with me edged it out. They're still very nice.

Traded in the 2011 GMC Sierra for this bad boy...
e836b53af8424c5997196e46c84edbbc.jpg

Carvana guys....how do they evaluate your trade? Is it online or do you have to take the car to their designated facility for the assessment?

Carvana guys....how do they evaluate your trade? Is it online or do you have to take the car to their designated facility for the assessment?
Had a woman from Carvana stop by today and she took a look inside and out, took a few pictures, we signed some papers and she left. Tow company showed up a few hours later and picked up the car. Just got an email saying they initiated my payment. Assuming everything settles, it was seriously fast and easy.

Had a woman from Carvana stop by today and she took a look inside and out, took a few pictures, we signed some papers and she left. Tow company showed up a few hours later and picked up the car. Just got an email saying they initiated my payment. Assuming everything settles, it was seriously fast and easy.
Mine was different. Fully done online and then when they dropped off my car they picked up this one. No pictures or anything.

Mine was different. Fully done online and then when they dropped off my car they picked up this one. No pictures or anything.
That's quite interesting. They must run CARFAX and have access to vehicle repair records is my best guess.

Wow! No pictures, no test drive or anything?

My car had no Carfax for service records, but was only 7 months old or so.

View attachment 9000747
That is a gorgeous truck! Have fun!

He drove it around the block once after all was done
I’m convinced they’re selling my car overseas. I don’t know how they’d turn a profit on it otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Maybe due to being very new, they figured any repairs are covered under the factory warranty anyway. But still, pretty simple deal.

When I sold mine over a year ago, same thing, basically check VIN to make sure matches, drives around the block and finished.

Reactions: JB
Was not in the market but...

I got an email on Thursday morning from my dealership saying they were looking for trucks and gave me an estimated trade window that was nuts.

Friday went in and look at what they had plus got the actual trade in value on an 18 month old 2019 Sierra SLT which was within a few hundred of what I paid for it on sale at the end of 2019.

Today after a little back and forth from the quotes we got yesterday I left with this 21 Denali that’s loaded up.

45E573FC-CCAF-4EC4-9BE2-08EEB4FD02CB.jpeg

wife wanted a truck. we picked up a 2019 Ram Classic 1500 Crew Cab. Magenta Pearl (that's orange for the common man)

We want a mini van. Wife could use it for work, would be handy for when we can eventually start going places again..

30% off on Dodge Grand Caravans up here. I like them. They aren't as sexy as a Honda or Toyota, but are significantly cheaper.

I have it in my head I want the tow package. I don't own a trailer at all, but figure if I am buying one I should get it with the option that would be cost prohibitive to add after market.

Test drove one, feelers out on a couple more...... but if we can't travel with all the Covid stuff, do we really need one that badly?

We want a mini van. Wife could use it for work, would be handy for when we can eventually start going places again..

30% off on Dodge Grand Caravans up here. I like them. They aren't as sexy as a Honda or Toyota, but are significantly cheaper.

I have it in my head I want the tow package. I don't own a trailer at all, but figure if I am buying one I should get it with the option that would be cost prohibitive to add after market.

Test drove one, feelers out on a couple more...... but if we can't travel with all the Covid stuff, do we really need one that badly?

factory tow package should include a transmission cooler (or bigger than standard) so that an additional plus.

Reactions: J4U
I got two questions for you all in here:

Anyone used auto trader to sell a vehicle and how easy was it? Worth the $50?

I work for GM. If you are looking at a new GM product get hold of me as I can get a discount for Friends and Fa.mily

I got two questions for you all in here:

Anyone used auto trader to sell a vehicle and how easy was it? Worth the $50?
From the sound of things carvana is the way to go for a quick and easy sale. @JB and a few others had easy experiences it sounds. There's even a dedicated carvana thread

They're offering stupid money for used cars. My coworker would get 2500 for a 2008 corolla with 240k miles lol

From the sound of things carvana is the way to go for a quick and easy sale. @JB and a few others had easy experiences it sounds. There's even a dedicated carvana thread

They're offering stupid money for used cars. My coworker would get 2500 for a 2008 corolla with 240k miles lol
Agreed if it weren't for the car I'm getting ready to sell. I used Vroom to replace my wife's outback, everything great but I'm going to be selling a car that carvana & vroom have seriously low balled cos there are none of these around except on auto trader (2020 Tesla Model S LR)

I work for GM. If you are looking at a new GM product get hold of me as I can get a discount for Friends and Fa.mily
Shoot! Wish you would've told me that two weeks ago!
Just got GMC Acadia AT4.

Back