The Car Shopping Thread

I've been going back and forth with this one with the dealership. I think I'm pulling the trigger at the end of the month

b41d78a23349656b2d95d590bfdbf598.jpg

7f9c87b8680c12db6fab065f4f48530e.jpg

372e9e4c8d0147b54dfe56d7bfb3ce6d.jpg

Christ... that is gorgeous.

It was a 2013.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was going to say, I have the new model Mazda 6 and the ride is fantastic. Would have kind of shocked me that the CX-5 could have been that much better than it haha

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was going to say, I have the new model Mazda 6 and the ride is fantastic. Would have kind of shocked me that the CX-5 could have been that much better than it haha
I thought the same thing, when I drove the current 6 I thought it was very good.

I thought the same thing, when I drove the current 6 I thought it was very good.

yea they did a very good job with it. I feel like it punches above its weight class in the looks department too.

yea they did a very good job with it. I feel like it punches above its weight class in the looks department too.
They look sharp, I really like them in general, the continued delay of the diesel is disappointing.

Bought my wife a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring for Mother's Day.. I really like it for a smaller SUV. 29 MPG/City and 35 MPG/highway.

Nice! My wife is getting (finally ) a new vehicle end of this month and she is looking at this, the Santa Fe and the Rogue.

I just went to the dealer to check out the BMW M4 - my god what a vehicle.

I had a look at a few cars today to replace my mercedes A250 AMG

it looks like the options will be BMW M235i or a mercedes A45 AMG. Are any available in the US,?

I had a look at a few cars today to replace my mercedes A250 AMG

it looks like the options will be BMW M235i or a mercedes A45 AMG. Are any available in the US,?
Not the A45 but we do have the M235i and I want.
I just went to the dealer to check out the BMW M4 - my god what a vehicle.
But I want that more.

The M4 is an amazing machine. There was one next to the m235i I was looking at, I've not seen many cars look good in a weird burnt orange colour, but damn it pulled it off

it's a shame you don't get the A45, 360bhp from an A Class, and still running at 30-35ish MPG

the only thing edging me towards the BMW is the 18% off list price they are offering on them in the Uk ATM

The M4 is an amazing machine. There was one next to the m235i I was looking at, I've not seen many cars look good in a weird burnt orange colour, but damn it pulled it off

it's a shame you don't get the A45, 360bhp from an A Class, and still running at 30-35ish MPG

the only thing edging me towards the BMW is the 18% off list price they are offering on them in the Uk ATM

We do get the GLA45. Same engine and trans at least. Something about North Americans not liking hatch backs.....stupid.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you not get any of the A Class range? The GLA45 is fast, but it's a bit strange looking. I'm pretty sure it's the same engine though.

Do you not get any of the A Class range? The GLA45 is fast, but it's a bit strange looking. I'm pretty sure it's the same engine though.
No, we have the als and gla. Like ghost said, we don't buy wagons or hatches... Sucks.

But 360 hp and 35 mpg sounds nifty.

M3-M4 is VERY pricey here in the US. I went in wanting to check out the M3 - none on the lot, order only. They had two M4's, one was a hard top convertible - amazing.

They are pretty pricey over here too. For the money, the M235i works out much better value. I specced mine today and with everything I want, with the discounts they are offering I was able to get it down to £32k ($48kish) including 5 years servicing. The M4 would cost around £55k ($80kish) without the servicing etc.

obviously the M4 is better looking and quicker, but performance/£ the 235i competes. They are taking pre-orders for the m2 now though over here so that might be the balance between them

They are pretty pricey over here too. For the money, the M235i works out much better value. I specced mine today and with everything I want, with the discounts they are offering I was able to get it down to £32k ($48kish) including 5 years servicing. The M4 would cost around £55k ($80kish) without the servicing etc.

obviously the M4 is better looking and quicker, but performance/£ the 235i competes. They are taking pre-orders for the m2 now though over here so that might be the balance between them

The M235i looks brilliant too.

Personally, love the size of the M235 more as well. Also, the power is probably more usable daily if there's no plan for the track. Realistically you would only be using 1/3 of what the M4 is capable of daily.

In the market these days. I put down a deposit on a 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar because I need more space than my current coupe.

Deposit is refundable, so anyone have any other ideas on fun wagons or SUVs? Bonus points if it makes cool noises. Wish the Audi RS4 came stateside and this decision would be very simple.

In the market these days. I put down a deposit on a 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar because I need more space than my current coupe.

Deposit is refundable, so anyone have any other ideas on fun wagons or SUVs? Bonus points if it makes cool noises. Wish the Audi RS4 came stateside and this decision would be very simple.

Do you get the C63 AMG stateside? That thing will push the RS4 and is probably better looking

Do you get the C63 AMG stateside? That thing will push the RS4 and is probably better looking

Biggest issues with C63 for me (and correct me if wrong):

1) RWD - need AWD since this will be my only car.
2) Coupe - need more space than my RS5
3) Price - Not looking to pay much out of pocket when I trade in my car. I think C63 would option out around $80-90k?

The only Mercedes I have considered is the GLA45, but the usual depreciation on AMGs over here is ridiculous and I haven't seen any used cars yet.

Biggest issues with C63 for me (and correct me if wrong):

1) RWD - need AWD since this will be my only car.
2) Coupe - need more space than my RS5
3) Price - Not looking to pay much out of pocket when I trade in my car. I think C63 would option out around $80-90k?

I'm not too sure stateside but they are releasing the estate version over here. I know the AWD is an option/maybe standard. It's pretty new here so not 100% sure but think that's all right. Pricewise you're definitely right.

I dont know if you get them stateside but have you looking at the Jag XF estate? Should tick all the boxes and comes very well equipped. Not sure how quick it is though

I dont know if you get them stateside but have you looking at the Jag XF estate? Should tick all the boxes and comes very well equipped. Not sure how quick it is though

We don't get any of the fun AND practical cars over here :(

Personally, love the size of the M235 more as well. Also, the power is probably more usable daily if there's no plan for the track. Realistically you would only be using 1/3 of what the M4 is capable of daily.

Agreed, but I feel that the M4 is purpose built for overkill. Ha.

Back