The Car Shopping Thread

My dad picked up a new Wrangler Unlimited a few months ago, he's like a kid again. He is constantly trying to decide what his next mod is.

What has he done? As soon as get some funds going my way I plan to do tires but i need to do gears first to fit the 34". But first I'm going to lift 2.5". Maybe some bumpers then call it a day.

I was under the impression that the last year or so that stuff had been worked out. I'd be interested to hear Jrod's input on that.
It seems to go in cycles with Audi, they get the gremlins sorted out for a few years, then they are back with some new electronics a couple years later.

I'm driving a 2001 Honda Accord right now and getting the itch for a new car. Thinking that I'm going to have to go all-wheel-drive with my next vehicle because I now live in a place where we have to drive up a significant hill to get there, and because I have a job where I still have to be there even when the snow is really bad. The new Subaru Legacy is intriguing to me, but if that one doesn't work, I might have to move up to the AWD luxury category (BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Infiniti Q50, etc). Before anyone says it: wife doesn't want an SUV or crossover type vehicle.

What about the WRX? Sporty and still all wheel drive.

After driving one in Las Vegas last year, I'm really thinking about getting a Dodge Charger as my next vehicle (maybe next year when I can find a '15 slightly used). So sick of my 07 Sonata after driving it for 8 years now. Really trying to wait until we are able to pay off our van first so that we only have one payment (or have a small enough amount to roll/combine it into the new loan).

Loge the Charger, if I went back to a car that would probably be my choice unless I can find money for a new vette

I was under the impression that the last year or so that stuff had been worked out. I'd be interested to hear Jrod's input on that.
As would I, Lee is thinking about trading in her A4 for a Q5. A4 is a fun car, but a bit small for my liking.

Loge the Charger, if I went back to a car that would probably be my choice unless I can find money for a new vette

That's good to hear. I had a blast driving it around the desert for a long weekend. Scratches the itch for something sporty while technically being a full size sedan and being functional space wise.

That's good to hear. I had a blast driving it around the desert for a long weekend. Scratches the itch for something sporty while technically being a full size sedan and being functional space wise.

Even though it's two doors, the Challenger is pretty roomy inside. I rented one and almost went straight to the dealership afterwards. FUN to drive.

Even though it's two doors, the Challenger is pretty roomy inside. I rented one and almost went straight to the dealership afterwards. FUN to drive.

Yeah, that's my problem though...I have to drive both kids to school, so four doors works way better.

I know VW is typically a love or hate thing for people, but I can honestly say for over two years I've adored my GLI. It's got enough size to get three people to SeeMore HQ, has tons of pep with the Turbo engine, and despite being a turbo, gets probably 35mpg on the highway.

This is my fourth car, and the first one I didn't want to be rid of after two years. So pleased with it. Unless they release something more awesome in the next couple years, I could see myself hanging onto this one for a while.

I have a 2011 VW CC and haven't had any issues other than a tranny issue fixed because of recall. Wifes 2012 VW Beetle has been fairly solid as well.

I'm a street racer and i drive a Honda civic si.

It's no Toyota but it's fwd with a 6 speed manual. :alien:

Can you see above and give your thoughts on Audi recently? Are the electrical issues behind them for now?

I have a 2011 VW CC and haven't had any issues other than a tranny issue fixed because of recall. Wifes 2012 VW Beetle has been fairly solid as well.

I hard pondered the CC for a while. That is a beautiful car.

I hard pondered the CC for a while. That is a beautiful car.
I would love a Toureg but it's way out of my price range.

Love the CC was on my short list of cars last year

Can you see above and give your thoughts on Audi recently? Are the electrical issues behind them for now?

I don't want to get in to it bro. I will say other than a VW GTD I would never own a VW or Audi.

I don't want to get in to it bro. I will say other than a VW GTD I would never own a VW or Audi.

Thank you for the honest info. I know you hate to put it out there but if most meet you, they know you are as honest as it comes with this stuff and are only relaying your personal experience as someone that specializes in this stuff and has the tenure behind them.

Great car and fun to drive. Much better than other tuners.

I still cant' fathom why the Toureg is as expensive as it is.

It shares most of its parts with the Porsche Cayenne and the Audi Q7.

I've owned 3 Audi's over the past 10 years and have had no issues at all. YMMV.

I'm all over the place.

Was pondering leasing a van, down payment would be offset by my beater trade in but not a fan of another 3k in fees and taxes to rent a car for 3 years.

So back scouring the used options.

Never put money down on a lease. If you crash the car you never get it back and it's just a prepayment. Doesn't save you any money to do so.

Thank you for the honest info. I know you hate to put it out there but if most meet you, they know you are as honest as it comes with this stuff and are only relaying your personal experience as someone that specializes in this stuff and has the tenure behind them.

I guess my problem is I'm extremely simple when it comes to automobiles. I would rather have a vehicle that costs me next to nothing to own rather than hated seats, backup alarms, folding side mirrors, etc. I grew with a father who loved and owned many exotic sports cars but i just can't get past the fact that my car just gets me from a to b. I don't use them for status symbols, i use them for practicality.

Never put money down on a lease. If you crash the car you never get it back and it's just a prepayment. Doesn't save you any money to do so.
Yeah down payment Is a bad way of describing it and honestly I'd rather pay 60 or 70 more a month at 0 down then she'll out 2k to 3k for down payment

I've owned 3 Audi's over the past 10 years and have had no issues at all. YMMV.

Weird so you never had to replace your ignition coils that were under recall for certain models and not others? You've never had the infamous water pump impeller failure? (Plastic lol) Heater core plug?

Never had the red display on your radio or hvac control module go out?

Lucky fella :alien:

Back