The Car Shopping Thread

Pretty happy I'm this side of the pond then, even though you do get much better trucks than us.

I will trade you all the trucks in the world for some of the cars you have that we don't get.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not too sure that's a great deal :) I am really surprised by some of the stuff you don't get, I would assume some of the higher performance models would go down really well over there

I'm not too sure that's a great deal :) I am really surprised by some of the stuff you don't get, I would assume some of the higher performance models would go down really well over there

The American car market is dictated by the $30,000 family sedan

We don't get any of the fun AND practical cars over here :(

i know it's not out over there yet, but the jaguar f pace may be a decent SUV option. Can't see it being as fun as an RS5, but it will be quite different to what anyone else has. Not a bad looking SUV either

i know it's not out over there yet, but the jaguar f pace may be a decent SUV option. Can't see it being as fun as an RS5, but it will be quite different to what anyone else has. Not a bad looking SUV either

Ooooo I like...

edit: If it comes with an exhaust any bit as sexy as the F coupe's then this would be a 100% winner.

Porsche Macan S or Turbo would be my other choices, don't know if they've made their way across the pond yet though

We don't get any of the fun AND practical cars over here :(

E63 Estate...though I fully agree with your statement.

I want more fast wagons and hot hatches.

E63 Estate...though I fully agree with your statement.

I want more fast wagons and hot hatches.

As much as I like hot hatches and estates, I must say that the E63 Estate doesn't do much for me.

Australia gets all the awesome cars.

As much as I like hot hatches and estates, I must say that the E63 Estate doesn't do much for me.

I just love the sleeper aspect of it.

I just love the sleeper aspect of it.

Big reason I got the RS5 and a big reason I have a deposit on the Polestar. I love sleeper cars, just something about the E63 Estate. I think it is maybe how long it is in person?

Big reason I got the RS5 and a big reason I have a deposit on the Polestar. I love sleeper cars, just something about the E63 Estate. I think it is maybe how long it is in person?

I hate you (love you) for the Polestar deposit.

My buddy use to have a V70R before he got his S4. Miss that old wagon.

Picked up a new Infiniti Q50 yesterday. Traded my Altima coupe in for it. Fits the golf clubs so much better and is much more fun to drive.
3fc9827b53a99c02c4d5e96151d3ccec.jpg

de840074ecef14c498e3fe2a08036914.jpg

31b152e9da77c172887909e93978dedf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a new Infiniti Q50 yesterday. Traded my Altima coupe in for it. Fits the golf clubs so much better and is much more fun to drive.

Well, that's one way to get over the vacation hangover, I guess........ Nice ride Ron.

Biggest issues with C63 for me (and correct me if wrong):

1) RWD - need AWD since this will be my only car.
2) Coupe - need more space than my RS5
3) Price - Not looking to pay much out of pocket when I trade in my car. I think C63 would option out around $80-90k?

The only Mercedes I have considered is the GLA45, but the usual depreciation on AMGs over here is ridiculous and I haven't seen any used cars yet.

An upcoming model you may want to watch out for based on what you're looking for is the Mercedes C450 AMG Sport. It comes out August/Septemberish and will replace the current C400. It will be a 4 door with all wheel drive and the nicest interior in its class. Twin turbo with 362hp and 384 lb-ft of torque. Their new "AMG Sport" line, which this model will be part of, will sit under the full-on AMG cars in the line-up the way that Audi's S models sit under the RS. The adaptive suspension, steering, interior (I believe) and other aspects have been taken right from the C63. I've been reading every review I can find on this thing and the reviewers are absolutely loving it with many saying it is most of the car the C63 is for a considerable chunk cheaper. The C400 was criticized for not handling well but AMG has massaged this C450 and they're saying it handles incredibly well and like a smaller car than the C63. From what I've read, they expect it to price roughly $5k higher than the current C400.

Biggest issues with C63 for me (and correct me if wrong):

1) RWD - need AWD since this will be my only car.
2) Coupe - need more space than my RS5
3) Price - Not looking to pay much out of pocket when I trade in my car. I think C63 would option out around $80-90k?

The only Mercedes I have considered is the GLA45, but the usual depreciation on AMGs over here is ridiculous and I haven't seen any used cars yet.

How about a Tesla Model S 70D? It's AWD, fast, and handles great. It's a tick slower than your RS5 but still hits over 100mph in the 1/4 mile. Unless you often drive more than 200 miles at a time it might be a good option. We just got an 85D 6 weeks ago and it's the best car we've ever had by far. Cost of ownership would be less than a similar priced Audi or Mercedes.

I really want a Tesla, but the range is a bit too low in the 70D. I would have to step up to the 84D at the very least.

I may go test drive some cars tomorrow since it'll be a slow day.

Car looks good Ron. Well done.

Live this ride Ron. A friend of mine has this in White with all the bells and whistles

I'm jealous. I been thinking of trading in my maxima for a q50s

I'm jealous. I been thinking of trading in my maxima for a q50s
Do it. I wish I got the s this one doesn't have a few options I would have ordered on it but I got it for 8k off sticker and they gave me well over blue book on my altima so I couldn't pass it up loads of fun to drive and a surprising amount of room even in the backseat. Some great deals on the Q50 right now.

Back