The Car Shopping Thread

You don't want to stick with BMW? German cars are absolute tanks when it comes to high-mileage. My father in law used to say that a Mercedes Benz wasn't broken in until 150k, and I find this to be accurate for BMW as well. You just need to keep up with maintenance.

A previous gen 5 series is the perfect car for an avid golfer, and can be had in your price range.

Had bad experience with Benz when I bought my leased car. Worst decision I ever made. Bmw is nice car but I really do not want any expensive maintenance cost keeping “high maintenance “ car.
I just want cheap car that I can just drive to work. I have another family luxury car so I need one just for work. Honda and Toyota seems fit the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had bad experience with Benz when I bought my leased car. Worst decision I ever made. Bmw is nice car but I really do not want any expensive maintenance cost keeping “high maintenance “ car.
I just want cheap car that I can just drive to work. I have another family luxury car so I need one just for work. Honda and Toyota seems fit the budget.

Nice, then might I recommend the Subaru Outback? I had one on a job a few years ago. Drove the heck out of it for months, and it was a really wonderful machine.

I'm looking for one of these....Superformance builds them....GM authorized remake.

Attachments

• 1963 Corvette.jpg
    1963 Corvette.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
Nice, then might I recommend the Subaru Outback? I had one on a job a few years ago. Drove the heck out of it for months, and it was a really wonderful machine.

Heard good thing about yye car but I can’t drive a car when every time I get in. It’s going to remind me my favorite bread.
c4d9b80cdd711c833af3d6ad6b4853a6.jpg

I recently picked up a new Toyota Tacoma. The lease expired on my Rav4. I was going to lease another Rav, but the Tacoma was not only a better deal, but had a lot more features. When I got the truck, the dealer only had one left as that special deal was so popular dealerships were only getting a few of those vehicles.

I recently picked up a new Toyota Tacoma. The lease expired on my Rav4. I was going to lease another Rav, but the Tacoma was not only a better deal, but had a lot more features. When I got the truck, the dealer only had one left as that special deal was so popular dealerships were only getting a few of those vehicles.

Tacoma leases have been one of the most popular the last decades. Such a great truck.

I haven't been able to do much of anything to my new truck. If its not raining, its too cold. If its warm enough, its raining. I got stuff I wanna do!

Anyone got a beat on a cheap lease? Wife needs a car/crossover $0 down.... she hates car shopping. Pretty much just need a grocery getter / short commuter.

I figure I can get back much of what I paid for my 2011 Mazda CX-7 with 95K miles (I bought it for $7200 with 72K miles 2 years ago). I'll probably get one of the Dodge Grand Caravans in the SXT or GT package, < $20k and still under warranty. Most of them were owned by rental companies, but the prices of cars these days is INSANE - I just want something spacious that I can drive down to Mexico: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/2C4RDGCG3LR168786

If I had any mechanical skills, I'd get a used Toyota 4-runner, but damn if they aren't crazy expensive too!

Auugh...been looking for a good used car to ship (or drive) to our Marine in NC.

His list focused on hatchbacks for whatever reason and most I don't think he could fit in. I've driven most of them thinking how the heck could he be comfortable in this! He is 6'4" and quickly removed a lot of them from the hunt.

Honda Civic EX or LX is leading the way right now. Can you believe he was looking at a Ford Focus...those things are tiny. I bet he meant the ST version but fun to drive. If you like the gocart feeling. I hate shopping for cars!
I have a 2013 Focus Hatchback with the 5 sp.manual and I can say even though its a fun car with decent mileage,a tall person would definitely NOT fit in one.Also,NEVER,I repeat NEVER consider a auto 2012-2019 Focus.The dual clutch auto is a real POS as far as reliability. My wife has a 2012 Honda Civic and its been a great car.Not sure how someone 6'4" would fit that though.For referance I am 5'7" about 160 lbs.

My dad got a new Telleride. It is pretty awesome. Really nice and was not expecting the high end for a KIA. If it was badge less and you told me it was one of the high end Euro SUVs like a BMW or Mercedes I totally would have believed you.

My dad got a new Telleride. It is pretty awesome. Really nice and was not expecting the high end for a KIA. If it was badge less and you told me it was one of the high end Euro SUVs like a BMW or Mercedes I totally would have believed you.

Really impressed with these! KIA has stepped things up the last few years.

How much space behind the 3rd row seats?

How much space behind the 3rd row seats?
Cargo space or behind the second row for leg room? Honestly not 100% on the answer for either. I just drove it and didn't do a full inspection. Middle row and bucket seats and third row seemed to have plenty of leg room but I didn't get back there. I don't think there was a ton of cargo if you have the 3rd row up. I can let you know next time I see him. I think it would be comfortable to travel in as a family but if you were utilizing the car for travel with a lo of luggage you might need a travel case on the roof.

But I am a big guy and it was plenty roomy in the front. It had auto move seats that moved back when it started and it went back a good 3-6 inches and it wasn't all the way back.

Edit: Helps if I read. I don't think it had a ton of cargo space. I will confirm.

Cargo space or behind the second row for leg room? Honestly not 100% on the answer for either. I just drove it and didn't do a full inspection. Middle row and bucket seats and third row seemed to have plenty of leg room but I didn't get back there. I don't think there was a ton of cargo if you have the 3rd row up. I can let you know next time I see him. I think it would be comfortable to travel in as a family but if you were utilizing the car for travel with a lo of luggage you might need a travel case on the roof.

But I am a big guy and it was plenty roomy in the front. It had auto move seats that moved back when it started and it went back a good 3-6 inches and it wasn't all the way back.

Edit: Helps if I read. I don't think it had a ton of cargo space. I will confirm.

Thanks, wife wanting to get rid of minivan here sooner rather than later, and this vehicle been on my radar but curious of space behind 3rd row as have 4 kids.....

Thanks, wife wanting to get rid of minivan here sooner rather than later, and this vehicle been on my radar but curious of space behind 3rd row as have 4 kids.....
Yeah, from a visual it is similar to a mini van with bucket seats in the middle row. Doubt there is near as much cargo though. With 4 kids you would probably need the cargo rack. But not sure.

Anyone got a beat on a cheap lease? Wife needs a car/crossover $0 down.... she hates car shopping. Pretty much just need a grocery getter / short commuter.

I don't know about $0 down, but check out the Kia Seltos. My wife got one in November and loves it.

Back