Not a fan, but I’ve seen similar things post round.

I don't get it. Thought maybe it could hold a couple balls at first glance.

i had one of those when I was a kid

slightly different design though, and it held pencils and pencil crayons and erasers

i had one of those when I was a kid

slightly different design though, and it held pencils and pencil crayons and erasers
And probably didn't cost $100+..... :LOL:

I have no need for a purse and if any of my golfing buddies showed up with that Scotty purse they would be on the receiving end of some major heckling. :LOL:

My wallet has two credit cards, DL, health insurance card, Costco and Sam’s Club cards, and usually about $150 in cash. One pocket in my golf bag has just sunscreen, naproxen, and about $200 in various small bills for the small betting games I sometimes get in to. Neither of the last two courses I’ve been a member at have accepted cash and one didn’t accept credit cards so my wallet stays in the car or sometimes at home when golfing. The only thing I carry with me from the parking lot to the course is a single car key fob, a hydro flask cup, and usually my iPhone.

FWIW, last fall I witnessed a group of 25 guys all under 30 at the outdoor bar after their round(maybe a bachelor weekend) and they were all settling their bets with Venmo. My two college age kids and my teenager hardly ever use cash. They use Apple Pay or debit/credit card for retail transactions and Venmo 100% fo the Ike to pay friends. My daughter also uses Venmo to square up with her two roommates for utilities each month.

I don't think they cost $100, but I wouldn't know for sure.
Scotty shows them as sold out and doesn't list a price on their site. The ones I could find from a quick search on eBay were $199-$269. 😬

I have no need for a purse and if any of my golfing buddies showed up with that Scotty purse they would be on the receiving end of some major heckling. :LOL:

My wallet has two credit cards, DL, health insurance card, Costco and Sam’s Club cards, and usually about $150 in cash. One pocket in my golf bag has just sunscreen, naproxen, and about $200 in various small bills for the small betting games I sometimes get in to. Neither of the last two courses I’ve been a member at have accepted cash and one didn’t accept credit cards so my wallet stays in the car or sometimes at home when golfing. The only thing I carry with me from the parking lot to the course is a single car key fob, a hydro flask cup, and usually my iPhone.

FWIW, last fall I witnessed a group of 25 guys all under 30 at the outdoor bar after their round(maybe a bachelor weekend) and they were all settling their bets with Venmo. My two college age kids and my teenager hardly ever use cash. They use Apple Pay or debit/credit card for retail transactions and Venmo 100% fo the Ike to pay friends. My daughter also uses Venmo to square up with her two roommates for utilities each month.

Congrats, I make a couple grand a week cash, Venmo has taken over petty cash but not cash as a whole, we all have different lives. This isn't a wallet, shouldn't be compared to a wallet. This is a bank bag comparison lol

Something for the lady golfers.

Congrats, I make a couple grand a week cash, Venmo has taken over petty cash but not cash as a whole, we all have different lives. This isn't a wallet, shouldn't be compared to a wallet. This is a bank bag comparison lol

I used to use a bank bag every day I had the closing shift when I managed a Best Buy store back in the early 1990’s until they hired Brinks to pick up the cash daily. This Scotty bag has no place on a course unless you are someone like MIchael Jordan and betting six figures on the golf course on a regular basis. I’m sure he’s figured out a better solution. :p

I used to use a bank bag every day I had the closing shift when I managed a Best Buy store back in the early 1990’s until they hired Brinks to pick up the cash daily. This Scotty bag has no place on a course unless you are someone like MIchael Jordan and betting six figures on the golf course on a regular basis. I’m sure he’s figured out a better solution. :p

i bet there’s a Grove XXIII version of this, scottys made pretty much every other accessory with that course logo on it

Maybe I am a bit out of touch, but is this really a thing in golf? I look at this item and all I see is a purse... (or a "clutch" for all you Letterkenny fans haha)

View attachment 8986406
Yeah that's a Purse. Call it what you want but we all know what it is. :)

I've seen the 'money guy' use an old cheapo money bag at one of the game$ I join from time to time. Not a bad idea in something like that since I've seen as many as 28 entrants. He throws a couple 3x5 cards in there to divide out $$$ dedicated to the different pots, since some are optional. Jots the applicable names on the cards as he collects. If I'm ever tasked with the money guy job I'll do something similar.

This is a great bag to put all of you valuables in to store in your golf bag, so when it accidentally falls out of your apparel pocket of your bag you will lose your keys, wallet and cash.

Yeah, not for me. I keep some cash in my bag just in case I forget to run by the atm before a round and I want a beer from the cart, but it's in a valuables pouch built into the bag along with my ball marker and divot tool. A simple baggie is more than sufficient

@Space Bandito explained it best. Regardless how much cash you have, the bag holds my card wallet, my cash, keys, mask, etc. When I need to hit the pro shop, boom grab the bag. Anytime I need to leave my bag but don't want to leave my valuables behind, boom grab the bag. Leaving my apartment on the 13th floor with shoes, clubs, and all my valuables knowingly in one place, in my cash bag. Organization from it is awesome, use whatever you feel like. I have so many things, do so much in one day, etc often am the type to drop something out of the pocket or have nothing there at all bc I hate things in my pocket. It works great

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was the cash bag that was used in our daily drops at a restaurant I worked at a long time ago. Other than that I can’t see a need for using it. Keeping various items in it in my golf bag on the course might do the trick though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple grand a week you say? Well, where do I signup for this gig... do tell!

It's funny, I have never thought about sticking one in my safe. I have piles upon piles of cash in there from supplementary income this past year. I guess the green one gets retired to solitary confinement.

It's funny, I have never thought about sticking one in my safe. I have piles upon piles of cash in there from supplementary income this past year. I guess the green one gets retired to solitary confinement.
Piles upon piles of cash in there from supplementary income you say? Well, where do I signup for this gig... do tell!

Piles upon piles of cash in there from supplementary income you say? Well, where do I signup for this gig... do tell!
Aside from online, KAC did really well locally in 2020. Also, since most courses out here were requiring pre-pay, and I was often the one to book rounds, most of the reimbursements came in the form of cash on the course - which piles up.

Though the bulk of my income still comes in the form of a good ol' check.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this thread is supposed to be fun not extremely serious. Kind of like the joggers thread, it's a trend that MANY will not align with, but you can still have a good time chatting about it.

With that out of the way, it's a purse :ROFLMAO:

Leave it to you to ruin the ultra serious business of golf with fun.

I would eat the McRib and Chinese Spam with Oreo cookie sandwiches from McDonalds before buying / using this Murse.

Back