The Cheese Pizza Thread

I am all in on the cheese pizza. New York Style every time please, but I like everything from wood fired to Chicago deep dish. BRING. IT. ON. I don't mind toppings, but the simplicity and elegance of cheese pizza wins. We had cheese pizza list night with the kids in fact.

Meat pizza still is cheese pizza my friend....Apparently the “looseness” runs through all pizza eaters.

This is an under rated response. Without cheese pizza there would be no pizza!

we ordered a spectacular cheese pizza last night for a place that isn’t our normal place. our normal place was on restaurant impossible and has done great ever since. their cheese pizza is so good. just a little bit of sauce. excellent dough.

i like pizza with ish all over it just fine. but it’s like cheesecake. sure you can put reece’s peanut butter cups and pour caramel sauce all over it, but there is something elevating about the simplicity of a plain cheesecake that lets the base ingredients shine.

we ordered a spectacular cheese pizza last night for a place that isn’t our normal place. our normal place was on restaurant impossible and has done great ever since. their cheese pizza is so good. just a little bit of sauce. excellent dough.

i like pizza with ish all over it just fine. but it’s like cheesecake. sure you can put reece’s peanut butter cups and pour caramel sauce all over it, but there is something elevating about the simplicity of a plain cheesecake that lets the base ingredients shine.

I believe you just figured out why you are the captain of Team THP. You are brilliant.
And I saw that episode. You have to root for people like that.

How did we get 3 pages in without this?

I believe you just figured out why you are the captain of Team THP. You are brilliant.
And I saw that episode. You have to root for people like that.

robert irvine got into some trouble not long after that episode. but to his credit, he has come to check back in with denny and tornatore’s on his own accord. i heard that tornatore’s is doing the best of any restaurant featured on that show. it’s always busy, and their food is great. they’re even expanding into the empty space next door.

robert irvine got into some trouble not long after that episode. but to his credit, he has come to check back in with denny and tornatore’s on his own accord. i heard that tornatore’s is doing the best of any restaurant featured on that show. it’s always busy, and their food is great. they’re even expanding into the empty space next door.

Sat next to him on a plane from CA last year and chatted for a while. Humble and super nice.

Sat next to him on a plane from CA last year and chatted for a while. Humble and super nice.

did he have to buy an extra seat for his enormous biceps???

did he have to buy an extra seat for his enormous biceps???

Haha. I got upgraded and he had his first class seat.
What I found funny is that his enormous arms sat watching a movie on a tiny phone.

I was totally with you until your cheesecake example. Reese's peanut butter cups go on any dessert.

I used to think cheese pizza was incomplete but then I had this from a little Italian joint in town:

bianca-pizza.jpg

BIANCA 17
béchamel, fontina, mozzarella, ricotta, Green Hill, garlic, chili flakes & rosemary

It is an inspired treat.

While topped with cheeses, that entry is denied. Not cheese pizza. Cheese pizza has sauce. That is white pizza.

I had Dominos pizza tonight with Tiny human.

It was cheese, for sure.

Dominos should never be mentioned in a thread about quality pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While topped with cheeses, that entry is denied. Not cheese pizza. Cheese pizza has sauce. That is white pizza.

It may not be but it is so much better than the same pie made with tomato sauce instead of bechamel.

It may not be but it is so much better than the same pie made with tomato sauce instead of bechamel.

Oh dear, I am not sure if this is going to work out :unsure:

@JB we may have to have another THP event in New York to convert the nonbelievers. The prior Cure event at En-Joie - that town has pizza. The north side of Endicott is historically Italian and the pizza is old school. Or Bethpage black and NYC. Mmmmm road trip.

Wow. Just reading the first ten responses this thread could be the line that devides this place. Feelings will be hurt. Friends will be enemies. This is gonna get good....

The only way to judge a pizza play's ability to make a good one is by their cheese.
It's the muscle back of pizzas, and I love muscle backs!

View attachment 8909004

"it's the muscle back of pizza"

that is the smartest and most accurate thing i've heard in a long time!!! this man gets it. well done mr. voshall!

Back