The Cheese Thread

Provel!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my favorites versions of the grilled cheese is a 4 year cheddar with Nueske's pepper bacon.

For those of you who don't know Nueske's, they are world famous for their bacon and ham, but they carry some decent Wisconsin cheeses as well. http://www.nueskes.com/shop-by-department/wisconsin-cheese.aspx?F_All=Y#.VqbP68fv5g0

Pepper_Bacon_Grilled_Cheese.jpg

One of my favorites versions of the grilled cheese is a 4 year cheddar with Nueske's pepper bacon.

For those of you who don't know Nueske's, they are world famous for their bacon and ham

They sell Nueske's at a gas station between my house and the two courses I play league. I'll give you one guess where I fill up frequently ;)

Maytag bleu! I will buy this stuff in crumbles and just have spoonfuls of it. It's amazing over salads too.

But munster, good sharp cheddar, curds, motzerella, Colby jack, feta, Loraine Swiss .... I don't really think you can go wrong!

They sell Nueske's at a gas station between my house and the two courses I play league. I'll give you one guess where I fill up frequently ;)

You are lucky! We order from Nueske's about 4 times a year and I have to pay roughly $35 shipping on our orders which normally include an 11 pound ham, several pounds of assorted bacon, and some brats. It's well worth it!!

The Cheese Thread

I feel like we need a thread for cheese. Everything from cheddar to the exotics.

Mmmm...cheese!

I like cheese.

I'm all about a nice aged sharp cheddar. Really like pepper jack too.

I grew up eating slices off a block of sharp cheddar, and you can't go wrong with pepper jack cheese. I actually used some pepper jack cheese in my breakfast burrito I made this morning.

Both good choices. There aren't too many kinds I don't like.

Same here - those just happen to be two of my favorites.

I'm not a big bleu cheese guy. I'm also not a big mild cheese guy - I like my cheese to be nice and bold in flavor.

I love Cheese my favorite is Humboldt Fog from Cypruss Grove

Reading this thread as I'm enjoying some string cheese.

Cheese makes everything better, can't believe we never had a thread for this before.

Nothing like a good Vermont Cheddar on a ham sandwich.

I love pretty much every cheese I've ever tried. Is there even a bad cheese out there?

My favorite is probably Blue Cheese or a Havarti with serious kick.

Nothing like a good Vermont Cheddar on a ham sandwich.

I'm with you. Sharp and sliced then next to delicious sweet ham.

Because of this thread, I decided I am stopping at the cheese store tomorrow and getting some fresh curds.

Some of my favs in no particular order...

Munster
Swiss
Cheddar

pretty much the only cheese that doesn't get me going is bleu cheese. i can only tolerate in tiny amounts because i find it so overpowering. i do like it with some honey drizzled on it. keep it off my steaks and burgers, though.

and i'm not as enamored with brie by itself, although it is complemented well with jams and preserves.

Love me some smoked Gouda

Our local grocery deli has a Horseradish Cheddar that is outstanding (going to put some on our burgers tonight). I also like to cold smoke my own cheese, Gouda is my favorite to smoke.

Back