The Cigar Deal & Purchases Thread

Gyro25

It's a Jersey thiiinngg
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
To compliment the "what cigar are you smoking thread", I figured I would create a resource + sharing thread for cigar deals, deals on accessories, and general resource guide.

Below can include websites and discount codes, pictures of your recent purchases, and to share info regarding storage, cutters + lighters, etc

Websites (for example):
Small Batch Cigars- 10% Code: BOTL
Famous Smoke- 17% code: rcigar17
Cigar page- no code I know of but great deals occasionally
1b80d6bf827432e836e62326141c302d.jpg

Accessories:
One of the best things I found I could use for the course was this cigar holder from stogiesnbogies on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stogiesnbogeys/
e9f32e2d9e696fb36cb98f4528bbfe65.jpg

6da6a7134eeaba65fc8965b929a2a9ca.jpg

It's basically a hollow golf ball on a tee with a prong inside to keep the cigar, can stick it into the ground, or a tee hole on a cart.. nifty, well made, and worth the $10 or whatever it is

There's of course the standard cart clip: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00021HSKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_E2fKBbA8RRZKE

Example of cigar deal:
a9583253c28def2c7127dd5d8333d6f7.jpg
16855923d67b947a5c602cb42287a9af.jpg

Example of a "recent purchase" post:
a17fe4eea93208a2779b359a90fbe87e.jpg

^ my last purchase from small batch with the 20% code

Enjoyed everyone! Let's all fall down the slippery slope together!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks to the cigar forum I'm on.. highly recommend these, I had 1 and loved it, if I didn't just buy and 5er I'd be on these.

Famous discount code brings it even lower
4fbbf54e027e62273f9786b77db4a245.jpg

Yesssss! Just found this and appreciate you supporting my bad habit in the form of great discounts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that cigar holder might be the answer to my problem with my new push cart. Could just put it in the ball spot on it. Cup holder sucks so can't use the ashtray I've used forever.

Is the tee attached to it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think that cigar holder might be the answer to my problem with my new push cart. Could just put it in the ball spot on it. Cup holder sucks so can't use the ashtray I've used forever.

Looks like the tee screws into the ball, so it could be used as just the ball and no tee.

Looks like the tee screws into the ball, so it could be used as just the ball and no tee.
Hmmm...

Have to give the clip I bought a try still, but other holder I got has been brutal on the wrappers. If it doesn't work will be ordering one.

Just bought 2 of the cigar holders. The clip I have crushes my wrappers, especially on box-pressed cigars. Thanks

I didn't try unscrewing it at all, but If you want just the ball I'm sure you could at least break off the ball.. or maybe they can make a custom one for you? If you message him on ig... Maybe get one of each lol

I shouldve signed up as an ambassador for them to get a discount code for everyone haha

I purchased a 5-pack of Macnudo Hyde Park cigars from CI - $5 included free shipping. I don't think I really like these, but I'll give them to some of my golfing friends. I tried posting the link but it didn't work. I think its still up at the Cigars International Web if anyone is interested in poking around there. If you find them, I used the following codes to get the deal.

Code: CIDSA108

Code: FREESHIP for free shipping

CI I believe has the best selection, 5 packs, singles, etc. Great prices as well.

Small batch cigars

Thursday Special!*

We hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Today we have one special on three categories.

FQ Cigars
Illusione
RoMa Craft*

CODE:*THURSDAY*= 20% off plus 5% reward points no minimum

Please log in before trying to apply code

I need to go pick up some cigars for a camping trip this weekend. Hmmm....Looking for something I either haven't had in a while or something new. Lets say $8-10 a stick any suggestions? Medium-full bodied preferably

I have a question of the cigar officinados. I am asked at every art show if one of my wooden boxes is for cigars. I tell them that I custom build them based on the cigar type, quantity, etc. For 2019, I want to do a one-off cigar box, properly humidified, lined with Spanish cedar, etc.

Is there a “commonly preferred cigar?” If so, what its dimensions, and how many should be stored in an appropriately-sized cigar box?

I have a question of the cigar officinados. I am asked at every art show if one of my wooden boxes is for cigars. I tell them that I custom build them based on the cigar type, quantity, etc. For 2019, I want to do a one-off cigar box, properly humidified, lined with Spanish cedar, etc.

Is there a “commonly preferred cigar?” If so, what its dimensions, and how many should be stored in an appropriately-sized cigar box?

I doubt there is a commonly preferred cigar, but I believe the corona size the most popular. It's about 5 1/2-6 inches.

I need to go pick up some cigars for a camping trip this weekend. Hmmm....Looking for something I either haven't had in a while or something new. Lets say $8-10 a stick any suggestions? Medium-full bodied preferably

Have you tried the LFD La Nox? It's a good stick.

Have you tried the LFD La Nox? It's a good stick.

I have not, I don't recall seeing it at the local shop but I will check it out when I go tomorrow

With whatever size you go with, add 1" for length and width since if the person will use it for thorage they typically keep some sort of humidification in there.m generally something to store 20 cigars is most people desktop storage

Have any pictures of the boxes you make?

With whatever size you go with, add 1" for length and width since if the person will use it for thorage they typically keep some sort of humidification in there.m generally something to store 20 cigars is most people desktop storage

Have any pictures of the boxes you make?

I'd make the width or length at minimum long enough to fit a lancero, which are around 7.5-8 inches. No point making it a size that won't fit big cigars at least in one direction. A lot of people smoke churchills, which are on the bigger size too. I agree with Greek, between 20 and 100ct seems to be most people's preference for a desktop humi. My favorite humidification for small humis is beads by a landslide.

I'd love to see a pic of the box, too!

Can never go wrong with Fuente Hemingways, and they're pretty easy to find.

There is no commonly preferred cigar however, when humidor manufacturers list the # of cigars their box will hold it is usually based on the corona size. The challenge is that most manufacturers have bastardized the original Cuban cigar sizes and make sizes that are 1/2-1" longer or shorter and narrow/fatter than the traditional corona size which is 5 5/8 x 42.

My favorite cigar of all time was the Onyx No. 4. Hell of a time finding them around town, if ever.

Back