The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

They chose a word ending in "ians" revolving around a statue they pays homage to the one thing everyone hates. Traffic.

Pssshhh. Cleveland doesn't have real traffice

Meh. Could just as well have been the Cleveland Cleavelands

If Lou Brown wasn't such a great manager, none of this would have mattered.

WIMPS!!!

WEAK....why not go with something fun? i always like animal names ie the lions, tigers and bears, oh my. but baseball has the nationals, the phillies and the mets....so damn boring.

at least, make your team name something your city is known for: the philadelphia cheesteaks, the NY felons, the california pompus asses.

A friend just sent this to me and I couldn’t agree more

51EC0201-B367-426D-89DF-566FDDDBF433.jpeg

WEAK....why not go with something fun? i always like animal names ie the lions, tigers and bears, oh my. but baseball has the nationals, the phillies and the mets....so damn boring.

at least, make your team name something your city is known for: the philadelphia cheesteaks, the NY felons, the california pompus asses.

that’s the problem. Clevelander know why they are called the Guardians. No one else does. It has meaning but only regional meaning

🤣🤣

B1F69DB7-A9B2-4146-8FDF-A11D29EB028A.jpeg

that’s the problem. Clevelander know why they are called the Guardians. No one else does. It has meaning but only regional meaning
I mean, sort of... How many names don't relate to people outside the region?

Bruins?
Blue Jackets?
Red Wings?
Browns?
Raiders?
Reds?

The list is pretty damn long.

I mean, sort of... How many names don't relate to people outside the region?

Bruins?
Blue Jackets?
Red Wings?
Browns?
Raiders?
Reds?

The list is pretty damn long.

Of course it is, people never thought about it before.
Lebron's knee pads or Jersey Burners must have been shot down too soon.
Damn you Lou Brown, this team could have been in Miami all of these years, where the rest of OH goes to retire.

What happens when the Guardians are found offensive and get tore down?

So dumb, hope they lose their fan base and fold for caving to woke BS.

i don’t understand the “wings” at all

Guardian angels, mebbe? Homage to the big company down I-77 in Akron? People fleeing the city? How baseballs really make it out of the stadium?

And for the record, I haven't spent significant time in NE Ohio for over forty years, but I found a quality of life there that was much, much better than its reputation. I was hoping for a better resolution for the Cleveland baseball team.

If it was a cool name, the obscurity of the local connection wouldn't matter...but traffic Guardians are pretty lame. That along with the wonky logo and lettering that doesn't fit with the new name as people have mentioned makes this a miss for me.

I'm ok with it, name changes never make the majority happy - so it seems. And, seldom do names really step outside the box. so at least they tried something that means something the people who buy the merchandise and support their team (Clevelanders).

I don't love it, I had no idea what they'd choose - nor for that matter why they decided to go and announce it now, but whatever. It's baseball, it's a game in 24 hours no one will care - until the washington football team announces their next (equally) stupid name.

PS: I HATE DAN SNYDER - can't root for any team in DC until he is gone! And, I had gone to so many memorable games over the years. NO MONEY FOR DAN!

What the hell is this logo?

View attachment 9018114
Wait until you see their new mascot

asset_upload_file113_177684.png

why don't they leave these things up to the fans? we are the ones buying all their crap. have the fans vote on the name.

Back