The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

i had to look up the significance of the name "guardians" and so they are now traffic guardians? now i think the choice is even worse

i had to look up the significance of the name "guardians" and so they are now traffic guardians? now i think the choice is even worse

Traffic guardians?

What the actual F.

I like the new name. I don’t like how tone deaf the team is. EVERYBODY immediately things guardians of the galaxy. Why would you put a futuristic winged logo?
That bridge is very cool looking. And it has meaning. It should be a no brainer to incorporate THAT into the logo.

When I think of Cleveland the first thing that comes to mind is traffic, so glad they are going with a reference to the guardians of traffic

What the F is a guardian and how does that relate to baseball?

go guardians? :rofl:

What the F is a guardian and how does that relate to baseball?

go guardians? :rofl:

Wait, you live in WI and are questioning team names?
How does a Packer relate to football? Local history, just like this.
Although I could make the case that it should be Rodgers nickname.

I don't hate it honestly. I sort of like the logo.

It definitely could've been worse base don those other options.

Wait, you live in WI and are questioning team names?
How does a Packer relate to football? Local history, just like this.
Although I could make the case that it should be Rodgers nickname.
The Packers have been around longer than that bridge has! If Green Bay renamed their football team the Packers today, it'd be a weird choice.

Gold from the Regional Sewer District

why don't they leave these things up to the fans? we are the ones buying all their crap. have the fans vote on the name.
About 6 months ago, The Athletic did a big tournament/vote for fans that incorporated around 300 potential names. The winner? Guardians. It's popular among Clevelanders.

Video was very over the top but I think I like the name and font. That logo tho, bleh.

Guardians ?

Sheesh....should have been the Steamers.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard since Washington Football Team

If it was a cool name, the obscurity of the local connection wouldn't matter...but traffic Guardians are pretty lame. That along with the wonky logo and lettering that doesn't fit with the new name as people have mentioned makes this a miss for me.
Traffic ? huh....?

No more "Indians"! This more enlightened society has to celebrate!!!

8170a7cc1acdf2778427c7573418777c.gif

Back