The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

What does changing a baseball team's name have to do with participation trophies?

True! I saw nothing in the post you quoted that spoke of "participation trophies"! Which I absolutely hate!

I think things like Rocks and Rockers were considered, but ultimately nixed because of the similarity of the name to Colorado Rockies.

I would have thought Spiders, but I like Guardians, and there’s plenty of articles online the mention the connection of the name to the city.

The logo and colors however… 🤮

Personally, it could have been worse.... I know they use to be the spiders but I am so glad they didn't go back to that. I don't mind Guardians.... I like how they can make the name similar looking on jerseys to Indians. It has some awkward to the bridge so it isn't like it is out of nowhere. I will say the logo needs some tweaking.

The other name that I like that had a tie to the city really well in my opinion was The Cleveland Rockers...... with having the rock and roll hall of fame. and it flows.

How clueless are you people? There has already been a team called the Cleveland Rockers, and that was the short lived WNBA team that nobody watched!

People are trying t jump down the Indian's throats for not "doing their research"! How about they do the same!

True! I saw nothing in the post you quoted that spoke of "participation trophies"! Which I absolutely hate!

How clueless are you people? There has already been a team called the Cleveland Rockers, and that was the short lived WNBA team that nobody watched!

People are trying t jump down the Indian's throats for not "doing their research"! How about they do the same!
Why did you @ me in this.... I was simply saying I like the name cleveland rockers...... and I don’t mind the guardians....

Reactions: JB
Should have just with Cleveland mistake on the lake.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Word is spreading or at least in my circles aka zoo splashpads and playgrounds ... People are generally positive about the name. Execution of logos...not so much. Just some updates around cle.

Lol this is actually really quite funny…..haha

Lol this is actually really quite funny…..haha

Reminds me of when the band Lady Antebellum changed their name to Lady A and oops, there was already an artist using the Lady A name.

I think the baseball team should pay the roller derby team for the name AND the logo/colors. I like the roller derby team's logo much better.

Does the roller derby team hold the trademark?

No. But they have used the name first which may give them certain legal rights regarding the name.

Reminds me of when the band Lady Antebellum changed their name to Lady A and oops, there was already an artist using the Lady A name.

I think the baseball team should pay the roller derby team for the name AND the logo/colors. I like the roller derby team's logo much better.

ha so do i

First thing I thought of when the roller derby thing emerged! And Lady Antebellum made their name change before anybody even complained about it, just for woke cred - then undid all their woke cred and created a ton of bad press and hard feelings when they sued the artist "Lady A" for the use of the name rather than changing theirs back/finding another name. The whole thing has been a PR disaster for them rather than the nicey-nice they thought it was going to be. :ROFLMAO:

There are many names, labels and terms that were common when I was young that are no longer appropriate, I say good riddance.

Like what? A hundred bucks? Roller derby? Are we even being serious here? And I have to admit that i do like that logo a lot. Of course, it's a direct copy of the head of one of the guardians! Hmmmm. Could the descendants of the designer of that guardian sue the roller derby team? Sometimes all this legal crapola gets really tiresome! No one really benefits but the lawyers!

Back