The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

glad you are sticking to the thread topic lol. 🤣🤣 feel free to start a thread about the top tourist destinations though👍
The name guardians stinks is that clear enough. I responded to a post in the thread claiming it was a city on the rise. :rolleyes:

The name guardians stinks is that clear enough. I responded to a post in the thread claiming it was a city on the rise. :rolleyes:
The video claims that. Not the post and yet here we are….

The video claims that. Not the post and yet here we are….
Which is part of the thread is it not? Sorry man but you took offense I just though it was a funny claim.

They are not on any reputable top 100 cities to visit, as tourism is real low compared to those. They did crack the top 100 cities though.
DF410381-B255-44D8-835B-01C58E4DCA5B.jpeg

Can we not have a discussion on who is allowed to be offended by what today?

Not until we change the Notre Dame Fighting Irish name and mascot, stop with the St pats day celebration, quit making fun of leprechauns. Stop showing the little Bas#&@% at the end of a rainbow with a freakin pot of gold, dancing a jig.

I am not a ginger, haven't fought in years. Rarely get drunk, and certainly don't drink green beer (more based on the fact it seems to be flat) nor do I eat lucky charms. Honestly prefer Tennessee whiskey, bourbon or even blended whiskey to irish whiskey, and I don't care for Guinness.

I am starting a movement with the hunchback. And we wont stop until we have change!

As said it’s not tourism. It’s best cities overall.
So it came it at 97?? Ok call me impressed. I would not have considered it. Mostly because of location in the country. Perhaps because of where I live it’s not a consideration. Latter is most likely. I need coastal.

I can understand that outlook from someone who has no knowledge of Cleveland. I live about 55 miles away in Youngstown. Cleveland has become quite the foodie city. Lots of great restaurants with world class chefs there. The craft beer scene is second to none. They are one of the birthplaces of rock & roll, and location of the Rock Hall. The Cleveland Clinic is a world class medical facility, and the size of the campus is kind of mind boggling. Case/Western Reserve University is a world class center of higher education, and University Circle, which houses the art museum, natural history museum, transportation museum and the botanical garden is very impressive. I don't know where it is ranked today, but for many years the Cleveland Symphony was ranked second in the world only behind Berlin! Just last year the NY Times pronounced it "America's best, still". Plus they built Blossom Music Center, an outdoor amphitheatre, to be their summer home. Very impressive facility.

So, there's good stuff there along with the negatives. But, what city doesn't have both?

So it came it at 97?? Ok call me impressed. I would not have considered it. Mostly because of location in the country. Perhaps because of where I live it’s not a consideration. Latter is most likely. I need coastal.
We are the San Diego of the Great Lakes and much like Chicago have plenty of beachfront. So, yes we are coastal. “North Coastal” lol 😂 😁🤣😁🤣😁

Guardians is meh. Whatever. Anytime a team chooses a name there are going to be fans and those that are not. I would have gone with Naps or Municipals out of the options. Biggest thing to me is it has to be unique and tie to the region.

Guardians is meh. Whatever. Anytime a team chooses a name there are going to be fans and those that are not. I would have gone with Naps or Municipals out of the options. Biggest thing to me is it has to be unique and tie to the region.
Yeah I still don’t get what was offensive about the name “The Indians”. Guess I’m just not big on change.

“Guardians” sounds like an arena football league team name. Or maybe an indoor soccer team.

Cleveland Cavers... so much better. This could've been their logo:

Q
Not until we change the Notre Dame Fighting Irish name and mascot, stop with the St pats day celebration, quit making fun of leprechauns. Stop showing the little Bas#&@% at the end of a rainbow with a freakin pot of gold, dancing a jig.

I am not a ginger, haven't fought in years. Rarely get drunk, and certainly don't drink green beer (more based on the fact it seems to be flat) nor do I eat lucky charms. Honestly prefer Tennessee whiskey, bourbon or even blended whiskey to irish whiskey, and I don't care for Guinness.

I am starting a movement with the hunchback. And we wont stop until we have change!
[/QUOTE Quasimodo is a little busy , but pleased your backing him )))

Yeah I still don’t get what was offensive about the name “The Indians”. Guess I’m just not big on change.

Kind of the same way, I always thought team names were selected more in reverence and had similar respect from the fans. But honestly dont care if they change their name, just thinking there is a Karen out there who feels better now.

So what if the Braves drop the S and just are
The Brave. Would that work

Nope don’t like it. I think they could have figured out something better. Get the significance with the guardian pillars but I think they had an easy move back the Spiders….

as a Clevelander……and someone who believes it shouldnt have been changed. I think it looks far too similar to Indians. The name is blah. But the colors, script, everything is basically the same. If you’re going to cave and change it…….CHANGE IT
Reminds me when the Fighting Sioux changed their name to the Fighting Hawks (How About We Keep Sioux). Things way to similar and easy…. They’ll always be Sioux in my heart.

How about the Clevages, since they are a bunch of boobs? :D

When I first heard the name change I thought it was very blah. Didn’t know how the city has two very large statues of “Guardians” over a bridge that has been iconic to Cleveland.

Myself, the name is boring but I am sure it will eventually get traction with the fans of Cleveland. Personally, I would have used the Great Lakes or Lake Erie somehow in the name. Maybe called the Bluegills or such. But, that’s me.

Dig the name, like how it connects to the city.

Logo, colors, and word mark look like they were done by an intern at their Single-A affiliate.

Dislike it .... remember my days collecting baseball cards ... had all all the good ones Bob Feller and Larry Doby and others ... this move is a step back in my estimation ... of course I ain't a big fan of today's baseball ... play ball ...

1627134491907.png

Back