The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Are you getting 5 wood distance out of the Hy-Wood or better? I am hoping this is a great second shot club from the fairway on a par 5.

Similar distance for me. Hy-Wood launches better for me than a 5w. And I have the Cleveland 5w.

Are you getting 5 wood distance out of the Hy-Wood or better? I am hoping this is a great second shot club from the fairway on a par 5.
I average around 200-210 with my Hy-Wood. Keep in mind I am a fat 53 year old.

It's an absolute weapon from the fairway on par 5s. I hit my 4H 200 yards. I hit the Hy-wood 225 off the deck. But it's way more accurate than my 5W wood. Just a big high soaring shot.

Reminds me of my old Taylor Made V-Steel 3 wood that I had in the early 2000's. That thing was dangerous. The Hy-Wood is actually better because it is easier to hit. The slightly shorter shaft makes it easier to control.

I played in a scramble yesterday and pulled the HyWood on a 192 yard par 3. I choked up an inch and swung easy... and hit at least 2 inches behind the ball. The rails did their job, the ball came out a little low but dead straight, and it ran right up onto the green. Stopped right around 7' from the pin. I just love this club.

@ddec

Any thoughts comparing this to the UW or even the old Heavenwoods?

@ddec

OG heavenwood still is such a crazy good club. Super high ball flight, which I loved.
UW is more neutral bias than this and the head is slightly larger to my eye. Probably eek out more ball speed with the UW.
This thing is just easy to hit and elevates the ball more effortlessly. It reminds me of the old Fybrid only with rails on the bottom.

OG heavenwood still is such a crazy good club. Super high ball flight, which I loved.
UW is more neutral bias than this and the head is slightly larger to my eye. Probably eek out more ball speed with the UW.
This thing is just easy to hit and elevates the ball more effortlessly. It reminds me of the old Fybrid only with rails on the bottom.

Interesting. I saw a demo Epic HW the other day and it looked pretty nice.

Not to be a turd, but I struggle with the thought of paying current asking for one of these when they’ll probably be much cheaper in a year.

Interesting. I saw a demo Epic HW the other day and it looked pretty nice.

Not to be a turd, but I struggle with the thought of paying current asking for one of these when they’ll probably be much cheaper in a year.

for some of that stuff, Callaway PreOwned is your friend.

What's nice about the Cleveland stuff, is they don't beat you over the head with the price and can usually be found for a bit better on the webs.

@ddec

I have both the Hy-Wood and the Rogue Heavenwood, I have also played two prior versions of the Heavenwood. They are different clubs. The Hy-Wood is more like a hybrid as opposed to the longer shafted HW.

@ddec

I'm not as skilled or as handsome as Dean, but I replaced my Heavenwood with the HyWood and it's been a true upgrade in distance & forgiveness. I've noticed higher ballflight with the HyWood vs the Heavenwood.

I totally get the cost thing. I almost never buy new... but after reading & seeing the reviews on this club I tried it at PGA SS and immediately traded in some clubs for it. I'm glad I did.

I have both the Hy-Wood and the Rogue Heavenwood, I have also played two prior versions of the Heavenwood. They are different clubs. The Hy-Wood is more like a hybrid as opposed to the longer shafted HW.

Thats a good thought. I do tend to prefer hybrid length.

I'm not as skilled or as handsome as Dean, but I replaced my Heavenwood with the HyWood and it's been a true upgrade in distance & forgiveness. I've noticed higher ballflight with the HyWood vs the Heavenwood.

I totally get the cost thing. I almost never buy new... but after reading & seeing the reviews on this club I tried it at PGA SS and immediately traded in some clubs for it. I'm glad I did.

you are definitely as skilled as I

Thats a solid testimonial!

Don’t feel bad about the first thing. @ddec is a specimen. You should have seen him when he wore a driver cap everywhere.

I believe that you have to hit the Hy-Wood to really appreciate its ball flight. The Hy-Wood head and the Cypher shaft are an excellent combination and contribute greatly to a nice high launch.

Thats a solid testimonial!

Don’t feel bad about the first thing. @ddec is a specimen. You should have seen him when he wore a driver cap everywhere.

it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I should bring that look back.

You guys had my clicking on his avatar to see the handsomeness! 😍

This club is just a workhorse. Tee, fairway, sand, rough. It gets the job done.

All this love for the hywood, it makes me think adding the 3-6 halo xl hybrid to the set and the standard XL halo irons 7-W, would be one great set of clubs.

Too late for me. But, a great suggestion for new comers to this line.

All this love for the hywood, it makes me think adding the 3-6 halo xl hybrid to the set and the standard XL halo irons 7-W, would be one great set of clubs.

Too late for me. But, a great suggestion for new comers to this line.
I’m thinking of doing that myself but leading into my 7-DW UHX irons.

Had a a lesson for the first time in about a year. He really helped me with my tempo and sequencing with my driver. Those gains also translated to the Hy-Wood. When it’s struck well, it has the best feeling of any club I’ve ever used.
I think I’m going to get it cut down .5-.75 like the rest of my clubs. I have held off as I wasn’t sure it would stick around.

Back