The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Took the hywood out for my first round and I hit it awful. I am hoping some of you hy-wood lovers may have had a similar experience and there's improvement as time goes on. I don't get it as I had a good practice session with it. Although, the range has nicer lies than a golf course :-(
Just swing the club, don’t give it any extra. Let the club do the work. It’s a fire and forget missile

Hit a few bombs with the H-wood today. 227 off of the tee on 1, 235 on a downhill par 5 approach. I was itching to try the UW but it would be money wasted I believe. I cant fathom hitting it better than this.

Hit a few bombs with the H-wood today. 227 off of the tee on 1, 235 on a downhill par 5 approach. I was itching to try the UW but it would be money wasted I believe. I cant fathom hitting it better than this.
I owned the UW prior to the Hy-Wood. I really liked the UW but IMO the Hy-Wood was simply easier to hit. Similar distance but the ball flight and "point and shoot" accuracy was better in the Hy-Wood.

I practiced with the hywood. I choked down and played the ball back in my stance (one ball length) and my contact was much better. In the past I struggled with the heavenwood. I was worried about this carrying over to the hywood. After 40 years of playing it is hard to compute a 4 wood shaft with a 3 hybrid club head.

I have had a 4W in the bag this year basically for tee shots. I have taken it out and used the Hy-Wood off the tee today. I didn't miss the 4W and was in the same spots. That opens up a spot and put my 5I HB Launcher back in. makes for a more clear bad makeup for me. I am thinking of buying another Hy-wood for a back up unless they have plans to release an upgrade in a year or so.

Anyone still gaming the Hywood or hybrids? Have moved on to newer or better?

Love my Hy-Wood. Most consistent club in my bag. Point and shoot from 200 yards. I will never part with it.

Hywood has barely been out for a year… yeah I know that doesn’t mean anything nowadays :LOL: but it’s still probably my favorite club to hit.

Can you buy this grip that comes with the counter weight anywhere?

If you still haven't hit this club, you're doing yourself a disservice. Best hybrid available. Heck, maybe the best hybrid ever!

I saw and hit the 4 hybrid in person. Not for me, too much offset. I'm hoping the Hywood doesn't have that much offset.

I saw and hit the 4 hybrid in person. Not for me, too much offset. I'm hoping the Hywood doesn't have that much offset.
It has some offset but regardless I can't seem to hit it anywhere but straight.

9430BA39-8A4F-4A45-B211-6FD06D4057B0.jpeg

Do you guys do well with the hywood on tight lies or is it better suited for the rough and fluffy lies? I keep topping the ball on tight lies.

Do you guys do well with the hywood on tight lies or is it better suited for the rough and fluffy lies? I keep topping the ball on tight lies.
I like it out of all lies but it is especially magical out of fluffy lies.

What shaft are you guys playing in the Hy-wood? Sounds like a great club.

No problem on tight lies, and I’ve had a bunch on some baked out courses this summer. Just have the ball a hair further back and it’s line drive city.

What shaft are you guys playing in the Hy-wood? Sounds like a great club.

The stock shaft is fantastic and holds up to most swings. I know the conventional wisdom on golf boards is stock shafts are mediocre, especially for a brand like Cleveland that typically uses light flexible shafts. But it just works.

The stock Project X Cypher. Love it. Great combo.
The stock shaft is fantastic and holds up to most swings. I know the conventional wisdom on golf boards is stock shafts are mediocre, especially for a brand like Cleveland that typically uses light flexible shafts. But it just works.
Thanks guys. Anyone see much difference between stiff and regular flex in the stock shaft? This hy-wood has got my attention. :unsure:

Thanks guys. Anyone see much difference between stiff and regular flex in the stock shaft? This hy-wood has got my attention. :unsure:

I have the Regular shaft. The Cypher is such a good shaft.

Yep, regular shaft here. Although my driver has a stiff shaft I feel like the regular works well in this club. Keeps me from over swinging.

Back