The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Looked like a few bullets there. Is that normal with a 5w for you?
seems like a solid option. How high do you normally hit the ball these days, esp with something like a 3H or 5w?
Here is from the beginning of the year with a Mavrik 4 Wood:

1636232734684.png

I'm averaging more club speed, ball speed and SF with the Hy-Wood. Looks like my attack angle just isn't as good yesterday than it was in January.

Here is from the beginning of the year with a Mavrik 4 Wood:

View attachment 9042153

I'm averaging more club speed, ball speed and SF with the Hy-Wood. Looks like my attack angle just isn't as good yesterday than it was in January.
Might have just been the day, the turf, the mat, who knows?

Another good day for the HyWood…
@Vortex was a witness to the greatness of this club.
At one point, I joked that @JDax should fill his bag with HyWoods. Great ball flight!

Might have just been the day, the turf, the mat, who knows?
This club is not going to be easy to fit at a Club Champion type of fitter I think - UW might be in the same boat.
With a complete different shaft length as traditional Fairway or Hybrids - there wouldn't be a correct length hanging on the wall to choose from.

This club is not going to be easy to fit at a Club Champion type of fitter I think - UW might be in the same boat.
With a complete different shaft length as traditional Fairway or Hybrids - there wouldn't be a correct length hanging on the wall to choose from.
I’m playing mine at 40 inches with no problem…

Another great day with this club, off the tee or off the deck just high tight draws. Don’t sleep on trying this club…

I don't have any numbers but I had been using the Callaway 17* Super Hybrid as my fairway wood for the last 2 seasons because I haven't been good at hitting a 3 wood and I saw Mark Crossfield's video on the Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood 3+ and since I had some trade in credit I thought I would try it. The Super Hybrid is easy to hit but from the fairway I didn't get as much height as I would like. The Hy-Wood is way easier to hit and I do get the height I was hoping for. I have only used it for a couple of rounds and it seems to be about the same distance, maybe 5 yards or so shorter.

I like it so much that I've bought the Launcher XL Halo 3 wood. Being in Minnesota I haven't had a chance to play it on the course yet but I have hit it a couple of times at the golf dome near my house and the Launcher XL Halo 3 wood is even easier and getting more height than the Super Hybrid. Can't wait to try it on the course.

The Hy-wood was responsible for one of the very rare eagles of my golf life. Great drive. I was about 235 out with a creek about 30 yards short of the green and a bunker guarding the left front of the green. Old days I would have just laid up to a good number. Hammered the Hywood just short of the right front of the green. Had a simple 25 foot chip to a front pin. Landed it right on my spot and it tracked perfectly into the hole. I was just hoping for a short birdie putt.

I've had the Hywood for 8 rounds. I checked at my Par 5 scoring stats on The Grint.

As a 14, my expected percentage of grints (par or better) is 32%.

My percentage the last 20 rounds is 35%.

My percentage the last 10 rounds is 43%

My percentage the last 5 rounds is 50%

I've played 12 different courses over the last 20 rounds. The hy-wood just gives me a totally different approach to par 5s.

The Hywood is a great club. I pulled it 3 times yesterday in my nine holes and it answered the bell all three times. It is simply the easiest club to hit from the fairway in my bag.
5DCE2042-DB45-4669-A036-A9BC1DD28788.png

Club really is like cheating. Can't say I'm surprised by the feedback I'm seeing with any of these comments!

The Hywood is a great club. I pulled it 3 times yesterday in my nine holes and it answered the bell all three times. It is simply the easiest club to hit from the fairway in my bag.
View attachment 9049869
Do you have any LM data you can share with this? I’m curious what you swing speed is, spin, peak height, carry and total. You swapped the shaft if I’m remembering correctly.

Club really is like cheating. Can't say I'm surprised by the feedback I'm seeing with any of these comments!

I’m going to be putting one into play next season. I can’t wait to experience first hand how wonderful the hy-wood is.

Do you have any LM data you can share with this? I’m curious what you swing speed is, spin, peak height, carry and total. You swapped the shaft if I’m remembering correctly.
I swapped the shaft too…

I swapped the shaft too…

Unless you went with like super weak ladies flex in order to get the product in quicker, that stock shaft was just fine :(

What did you wind up with, and how much have you regretted doing it?

No. Stock shaft. @JDax changed the shaft. Driver SS is 100-105.

Unless you went with like super weak ladies flex in order to get the product in quicker, that stock shaft was just fine :(

What did you wind up with, and how much have you regretted doing it?
I went with a Matrix Altus Tour H8 hybrid shaft and it’s working great…

Got my Hywood today. Cant wait to hit it tomorrow on the course!

Loved hitting the Hywood today! Hit it off the tee and fairway and rough. Very easy to hit even with my inconsistent swing! A few mishits from operator error but when I hit it right it was a thing of beauty! One Par 4 I teed off with it and was 200 out and hit it again pin high on the green! Other times my swing got in the way but was happy with most results!

Loved hitting the Hywood today! Hit it off the tee and fairway and rough. Very easy to hit even with my inconsistent swing! A few mishits from operator error but when I hit it right it was a thing of beauty! One Par 4 I teed off with it and was 200 out and hit it again pin high on the green! Other times my swing got in the way but was happy with most results!

It’s like cheating how easy it is to hit

This is the first club I am trying when I hit PGA Superstore in a few weeks. Followed immediately by the XL Halo irons.

We're going to get my son new irons but something tells me I'm leaving with one or two shiny new things as well...

Im surprised you do not have one in the bag as of yet.

Flash 5W is really hard to beat, honestly. Something about it and I work pretty well, so it clearly knows and is scared

I know it's just a cosmetic thing, and I know that it's a personal hangup,

but if I were manufacturing a hybrid-fairway wood "hyper hybrid," I wouldn't put club numbers on it.

Fairway wood numbers might be offputting to those seeking a long iron replacement,
iron numbers might be offputting to those seeking a fairway wood replacement,
and any number at all might be offputting to somebody looking for something to use as a "safety" driver.

That being said, I'm not a club number fan anyway, but just a thought to add to the discussion.

I know it's just a cosmetic thing, and I know that it's a personal hangup,

but if I were manufacturing a hybrid-fairway wood "hyper hybrid," I wouldn't put club numbers on it.

Fairway wood numbers might be offputting to those seeking a long iron replacement,
iron numbers might be offputting to those seeking a fairway wood replacement,
and any number at all might be offputting to somebody looking for something to use as a "safety" driver.

That being said, I'm not a club number fan anyway, but just a thought to add to the discussion.

That's an interesting point. Especially because the number is pretty meaningless on it. The Hy-wood is a 3+. But from a distance perspective it really plays between a 5 wood and 3H. I think it should just have the loft on it.

Back