The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

I concur with MonroeBob. Both rough and fairway shots are seamless. Obviously shots from very thick rough don't go as far, but it's my go to club for both light and heavy rough.

I concur with MonroeBob. Both rough and fairway shots are seamless. Obviously shots from very thick rough don't go as far, but it's my go to club for both light and heavy rough.

I find it to be a very good option out of the rough.

Does it replace the fairway wood distance wise? I am looking for a second shot club with distance on a par 5. I demo'd both the Halo Hywood and 5 wood (which felt really nice). I had better contact with the hywood. But, the 5 wood was longer. Tough call.

Does it replace the fairway wood distance wise? I am looking for a second shot club with distance on a par 5. I demo'd both the Halo Hywood and 5 wood (which felt really nice). I had better contact with the hywood. But, the 5 wood was longer. Tough call.
I’d say no at least for me. My HyWood is between my 4w and 3h. I don’t own a 6 or 7w so maybe something along those lines distance wise

Another great day with the Hy-Wood. The crazy part for me is that there was almost no "getting to know it" period. I was hitting this thing long and straight from the very first swing. I simply can't hit it bad. In my opinion it is the holy grail of 200 yard distance clubs.

The Hy-Wood is very good for me out of the first cut or the rough. I hit it much better there than I do from the fairway.

I'm going to have to try 1 of these. I'm still rocking an old vsteel 5w and I love it but everything I see about this thing is amazing.

The Hy-Wood continues to excel for me out of the rough. I am also starting to see some good shots out of the fairway.

The Hy-Wood continues to excel for me out of the rough. I am also starting to see some good shots out of the fairway.

This is slowly becoming a favorite club. The more I use it, the more confident I am becoming that I will hit a good shot. I’m trying to develop the same feeling for shots from the short grass that I have with shots from the first cut and the rough. It is so easy to launch with this club such that a good swing leads to very good results for me.

The 4 hybrid club in this family has become my favorite club. The larger than average heads just give me all sorts of confidence so I don’t feel like I need to do anything “special” other than swing. I think that’s the real secret behind these clubs, for many of us we forget to just swing the club and to not worry about flighting or shot shape or any of that nonsense for weekend warriors

For anyone that has the standard XL Halo 4 iron and the hy-wood, what's the difference in these two clubs? I have the 4 hybrid iron and was curious if there's a large distance gain going to the Hywood? From what I hear on these reviews, the Hy-Wood is very easy to use. My 4 iron is pretty good, just inconsistent.

The 4 hybrid club in this family has become my favorite club. The larger than average heads just give me all sorts of confidence so I don’t feel like I need to do anything “special” other than swing. I think that’s the real secret behind these clubs, for many of us we forget to just swing the club and to not worry about flighting or shot shape or any of that nonsense for weekend warriors
I just put mine back in the bag and hit it like a champ today. About 15 yards shorter that the Hywood, so perfect gapping.

Well, the hy-wood is here! Looks great, nice head cover, too. But, I fractured my big toe and need to sit out for at least another week. I am not sure which is more painful, the toe or just looking at the hy-wood and not being able to hit it :) .

The 4-hybrid replaced my trust PING G410 hybrid that had previously been 'untouchable'. It had been my security blanket club. But I loved the Hy-wood so much that I bought the 4-hybrid as well. My concerns about the bigger size vanished immediately.

The only issue I have is making sure I don't mix the two up. Have a blue MCC grip on the 4-hybrid and a white grip on the Hy-wood.

The 4-hybrid replaced my trust PING G410 hybrid that had previously been 'untouchable'. It had been my security blanket club. But I loved the Hy-wood so much that I bought the 4-hybrid as well. My concerns about the bigger size vanished immediately.

The only issue I have is making sure I don't mix the two up. Have a blue MCC grip on the 4-hybrid and a white grip on the Hy-wood.

Something tells me, I might be replacing my 4 Halo XL iron with a Halo XL hybrid. I bought the irons when they first came out. I just wan't thinking about their hybrids.

After a few weeks of not hitting this club well, I finally got back into a great groove with it. I do set up with the club head slightly open, and everything is golden from there.

Last week I had my first opportunity to try out my new Hy-Wood, on the course with no practice. I wasn’t hitting anything well that day though and only took 2 shots with it, so I didn’t put much stock in the results.

Today I went to the range and was focusing on my tee shots since that has been the weakest part of my game lately. I have been making some swing changes, so my dispersion was not the best, with any of my clubs. But damn this Hy-Wood feels great with solid strikes (which was most of my shots with it). I had a big grin after almost every shot taken, and the distance seemed to be close to my 4 wood. (I’m guessing 225 with the hy-wood). I was not expecting to like the sound and feel as much as I do. I kept going back to it more than the others just because it inspires so much confidence.

I didn’t take any swings with it on the turf as the grass was much longer than usual at this place. Will have to work on that next time

Same here. I struggled with the Halo 4 iron, but the 21* hybrid feels like cheating. it turned a weak spot in my bag into a strength.

I'm going to have to try 1 of these. I'm still rocking an old vsteel 5w and I love it but everything I see about this thing is amazing.
I play the same 5w and am leaving towards picking one of these up too.

My Hy-Wood continues to be the most consistent club in my bag. Feels like cheating. Just stupid straight and easy to hit. Might buy two more just in case mine ever gets stolen.

My Hy-Wood continues to be the most consistent club in my bag. Feels like cheating. Just stupid straight and easy to hit. Might buy two more just in case mine ever gets stolen.

Are you getting 5 wood distance out of the Hy-Wood or better? I am hoping this is a great second shot club from the fairway on a par 5.

@Hawk this would be a good one for you to check out as well.

Back