The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Is anyone seeing a draw bias out of this club or is it pretty neutral?

Neutral for me. Of course a terrible swing can cause a duck hook or slice into oblivion but most of the time it’s good contact and it has a neutral ball flight

Pretty sure @ddec peer pressured me enough that I may buy the damn thing. New is cheaper than used for some stupid reason.

Pretty sure @ddec peer pressured me enough that I may buy the damn thing. New is cheaper than used for some stupid reason.

wow, I didn’t know I still had that kind of power. Make it happen. No HawkPonders here.

I’ve been fighting the lefts with everything, but normally, dead straight

I am not familiar with a draw. :LOL: The Hy-Wood for me is straight.

I agree that the hy-wood is pretty much straight. There is the random pull, but that is on me and my swing.

Not sure why Cleveland doesn't offer custom options. They do with their irons. Doesn't make sense to play 130gr shafts in your irons and 50gr shafts in your hybrids.

Not sure why Cleveland doesn't offer custom options. They do with their irons. Doesn't make sense to play 130gr shafts in your irons and 50gr shafts in your hybrids.

on the flip side, the weight of their hybrid shafts flows nicely with the weight of their wood lineup and their own iron offerings.

Also FWIW I see custom options for their Launcher XL hybrids

launcherhybrid.JPG

on the flip side, the weight of their hybrid shafts flows nicely with the weight of their wood lineup and their own iron offerings.

Also FWIW I see custom options for their Launcher XL hybrids

View attachment 9113277
Thanks. Didn't see that at the retailer level.

Thanks. Didn't see that at the retailer level.

when can we have a conversation about those 130 gram shafts? haha

when can we have a conversation about those 130 gram shafts? haha
I'm playing modus 125x in the non Halo xl irons. Pretty solid combo.

Bought this club blind which I don't usually do but blame golftown here in Canada for not carrying it in stores. Used this out on the range a couple sessions and played 18 with. All I can say is the hype is true. I'm 55yrs old, can't swing a fairway wood off the deck to save my life. Even a 5w would give me trouble now off the deck.

Decided I'd give this a try and based on preliminary testing I think I made the right choice. My driver goes about 260 total. The Hy-wood off the tee is a monster. Absolute monster. 220 avg carry no problem. 235 total. Came very close few times to my driver carry only losing out because of driver rollout. And off the deck it's miles easier to hit than my 5w.

Maybe its the honeymoon period but for my first Cleveland club I'm pretty impressed. Like to see them expand the line and come out with a 15° head.

Bought this club blind which I don't usually do but blame golftown here in Canada for not carrying it in stores. Used this out on the range a couple sessions and played 18 with. All I can say is the hype is true. I'm 55yrs old, can't swing a fairway wood off the deck to save my life. Even a 5w would give me trouble now off the deck.

Decided I'd give this a try and based on preliminary testing I think I made the right choice. My driver goes about 260 total. The Hy-wood off the tee is a monster. Absolute monster. 220 avg carry no problem. 235 total. Came very close few times to my driver carry only losing out because of driver rollout. And off the deck it's miles easier to hit than my 5w.

Maybe its the honeymoon period but for my first Cleveland club I'm pretty impressed. Like to see them expand the line and come out with a 15° head.
That's good news for people like me that aren't efficient with the driver most of the season.

Nice. They have a 3 wood at 15 degrees. The line is pretty big.

That's good news for people like me that aren't efficient with the driver most of the season.
Here's the funny thing about this club. It's my first such experience with a fw/hybrid hybrid. So this is all new to me.
What I found was off the deck I would swing this club like a hybrid - more of an iron swing.
Off the tee, I tried both but I get better results if I swing it like a fw/driver off the tee (sweeping). Like noticeably better.

The Hy-Wood continues to be the most consistent club in my bag. Pretty funny that I have more confidence in my 200-210 yard club than my pitching wedge. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ok, I finally practiced with the Hy-Wood. I had hit the first few shots ok and the rails came in handy for decent shots. But, once I choked down, I felt the magic happen. I have heard about many choking down on this club and being more successful. My question is, is the hywood even necessary, would the 3 XL Halo hybrid be just as good or after you choke down and gain confidence, then you grip it full length?

Ok, I finally practiced with the Hy-Wood. I had hit the first few shots ok and the rails came in handy for decent shots. But, once I choked down, I felt the magic happen. I have heard about many choking down on this club and being more successful. My question is, is the hywood even necessary, would the 3 XL Halo hybrid be just as good or after you choke down and gain confidence, then you grip it full length?
I have both clubs. I usually swap them out for each other depending on weather and blah blah for my home course but the main difference is I think 1”. They go close to the same distance but the additional shaft length helps the hy-wood go further

I have both clubs. I usually swap them out for each other depending on weather and blah blah for my home course but the main difference is I think 1”. They go close to the same distance but the additional shaft length helps the hy-wood go further
Wait, the hy-wood is longer than the 3 wood? I assumed shorter and higher launching shaft.

Took the hywood out for my first round and I hit it awful. I am hoping some of you hy-wood lovers may have had a similar experience and there's improvement as time goes on. I don't get it as I had a good practice session with it. Although, the range has nicer lies than a golf course :-(

Took the hywood out for my first round and I hit it awful. I am hoping some of you hy-wood lovers may have had a similar experience and there's improvement as time goes on. I don't get it as I had a good practice session with it. Although, the range has nicer lies than a golf course :-(
The key for me was choking down just a bit. Once I did that the stars aligned, the flowers bloomed and the missiles were unleashed.

Back