The Club Car Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you own one? Interested in one? Just want to discuss the brand? This thread is for you.

Onward-2-passenger-feature.jpg

• Admin
We test drove the latest from Club Car yesterday with their Onward (pictured in the first post). Came away really impressed. Their premium seating is probably the most comfortable I have tried that comes standard.

I have a 93 Club Car DS. Moving on to something with more power. We have a giant hill to climb when returning from the lake and if it is loaded up with four passengers it struggles half way up and someone has to jump off and push a little. Sorry, but I'm moving over to Yamaha, very strong on the hills.Good luck with any new carts you get.

My parents have a 2009ish Precedent. They bought it refurbished in 2015. One thing I have noticed about Club Cars is they seem to be much smoother of a ride over Yamahas.

I have a new this year Onward Lithium Ion model. Two seater with mirrors, windshield, club rain cover, overhead console, custom wheels. Dark blue with black and Gray premium seats, and a nice big University of Michigan logo on the front hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
I have a new this year Onward Lithium Ion model. Two seater with mirrors, windshield, club rain cover, overhead console, custom wheels. Dark blue with black and Gray premium seats, and a nice big University of Michigan logo on the front hood.

Fantastic cart. Best premium seats we have tried that come from a manufacturer.
I can't get down with Lithium just yet, but looking forward to your long term feedback and how it holds up.

We need pics of course haha.

Is Club Car owned by Ingersoll-Rand?

• Admin
yes sir it is.
I remember riding in an Ingersoll-Rand branded golf cart at Smoky Mountain Country Club probably 10 years ago. It was the most powerful electric cart I had ever ridden in. 500 ft of elevation changes in 18 holes, and the golf cart would spin the tires going uphill around a corner.

Mine will do that too. Very fast, lots of torque and climbing capability. One of our par 5 holes on my home course is 540 yards but climbs 120 feet over that distance. My cart races up that hill.

I have a 2017 Precedent I use at my course. I like it over some other models because it has an aluminum frame.

I have a 93 Club Car DS. Moving on to something with more power. We have a giant hill to climb when returning from the lake and if it is loaded up with four passengers it struggles half way up and someone has to jump off and push a little. Sorry, but I'm moving over to Yamaha, very strong on the hills.Good luck with any new carts you get.
I had a 2003 Club Car. Got tired of having to charge it every round so I bought a 2020 Yamaha Drive 2 EFI that I love. Sorry, CC lovers.

We test drove the latest from Club Car yesterday with their Onward (pictured in the first post). Came away really impressed. Their premium seating is probably the most comfortable I have tried that comes standard.

The Mrs wants to dump our 2008 Yamaha Drive and get a Club Car because she is in love the with seats.

I remember riding in an Ingersoll-Rand branded golf cart at Smoky Mountain Country Club probably 10 years ago. It was the most powerful electric cart I had ever ridden in. 500 ft of elevation changes in 18 holes, and the golf cart would spin the tires going uphill around a corner.

A few years back, a new, upscale daily fee course opened in our area with electric carts, outfitted with GPS. It didn't take me long to nickname them "Nascarts"! These things were fast as hell! Problem was they didn't possess the equivalent in braking power, and there's a lot of abrupt elevation change on this course.

Our first time there, we leave one green to head to the next tee, when I find that we're rocketing down a steep slope, heading for a bridge across a cavernous ravine that is set at a fairly good angle to the path we were currently driving on! I was standing on the brake pedal with both feet, and we were NOT slowing down! I think I stood that cart on 2 wheels making that bridge. It was scary as all get out!

I slowed down a lot after that, and at the end of the round I went to have a word with the guy in the clubhouse. I told him that he needed to do something about their carts before somebody got killed, and they got sued out of existence!

A few comments since I am a golf cart dealer in NC.

Ingersoll Rand sold Club Car to a private equity firm recently. I don't know if the deal closed yet, but its happening.

Club Car was the first cart manufacturer to sell a nice premium seat, which helped the launch their new Onward product and continuing strong Onward sales. EZGO and Yamaha followed with their own premium seats and closed the gap.

Yes, Yamahas did driver harsher, but with the introduction of independent rear suspension and a premium seat it rides great.

EZGO was the first to add the AC motor to their RXV product and with Yamaha and now Club Car offering AC motors in their top carts it has been a game changer. Love the extra torque.

Honestly, its hard to say which brand is better.

This little guy appeared at my home club last weekend; apparently it has a "remote" that you clip onto your belt and it follows you around the course. It's supposed to be programmed with GPS to avoid the greens and tee boxes. For $20 it's going to be carrying my clubs come Saturday!
20210725_065105.jpg

Attachments

• 20210725_065105.jpg
    20210725_065105.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 10
Wow it even has a cooler! That is AWESOME!

This little guy appeared at my home club last weekend; apparently it has a "remote" that you clip onto your belt and it follows you around the course. It's supposed to be programmed with GPS to avoid the greens and tee boxes. For $20 it's going to be carrying my clubs come Saturday!
View attachment 9019309
How did your Saturday round go with this cart? One of my courses just got four of these in a couple days ago but I wasn't able to rent one until a staffer took one out for a round to see how well it worked. I might go up there day after tomorrow and check one out. Looks the same as your pic so assuming it's the same model 'Club Car Tempo Walk'? Has a built in GPS, cooler, charging station etc... Not sure if all three of our courses got the units but my favorite of the three is a very tough walk, especially the back nine. I've done it with my push cart B4 but only in ideal conditions. Something like this could make a huge difference in summer heat.

How does the $20 your club wants for these compare to their riding cart fee? They want $10 for the Tempo Walk at my course (will be $7.50 with my 25% discount) versus $15 for a GPS equipped riding cart ($11.25 after discount). So the benefits seem more targeted at health than big dollar savings.

Last edited:
My mother in law just purchased a Club Car golf cart that is street legal. What is the recommended charging procedure? Just leave it plugged in to the ERIC charger all the time or plug it in before usage? Also, the manual says to limit usage to 45 mins (40-50 amp hours) for the first 2 months of battery life.

I've got one, has never seen a golf course though. It's my buggy to use at the campground.

IMG_20170525_162103630.jpg

Precedent?

Mother-in-laws new golf cart!
B62656BD-4D23-4FF0-A7AB-EA55EC710497.jpegC51C50C2-C580-454C-BB1E-6AA76C4C39E5.jpeg

One of the guys at my club just bought another guys cart and will be selling his old one. It's a 1998 Club Car DS. He said he'd sell it to me for $300. Thinking about doing it and fixing it up some.

One of the guys at my club just bought another guys cart and will be selling his old one. It's a 1998 Club Car DS. He said he'd sell it to me for $300. Thinking about doing it and fixing it up some.
Thats a steel and DS is heavily mod-able.

Back