The Club Champion Putter Fitting

I went through this in January-February and it was phenomial. I thought I was straight back and through and I was, BUT my loft and lie were not allocated correctly. Ended with a Spider X recently and going to have the adjustments done very soon.

Really good process. FYI my stats were to be built at 1 degree up and 68 degree lie angle.

Thanks JB, now I'm definitely pondering a putter fitting!

Great read JB.. This may be my next fitting!!

Looks like a very informative process and will probably help you select better putters going forward.
I talk to @Jeff Spicoli about doing this on a regular basis but since I just picked up a super sweet Scotty from @fairwaynut it looks like I’m going to continue doing things the hard way.

I thought the Scotty was the easy way. No course record is safe now.

I always felt like I got a lot of of my putter fitting back in December last year. It was very helpful to find out what was required for me to put better.

I had a few options based on how I deliver the head. Then the loft, where I needed to get my launch down slightly going from 3.4 to closer to 2.
A lot of different options and we tested a number of choices. This is really where feel came into play. At the fitting, I was fit into an Odyssey Marxman, but could have been a number of different choices.

On the putters, are their prices basically standard MSRP that you'd generally find at PGA SS, Dick's, etc.? Or do they somehow figure out how to work in exotic upcharges like many say they will often do with drivers, in particular?

In other words, if you did the fitting right now to get the fitting for free if you buy a putter, are you buying the Odyssey Triple Track 10 (for example) at $299, so the all in would be $299 for the putter and fitting? Or would they somehow get you into the TT 10 for $450 so you're paying more even with the free fitting?

On the putters, are their prices basically standard MSRP that you'd generally find at PGA SS, Dick's, etc.? Or do they somehow figure out how to work in exotic upcharges like many say they will often do with drivers, in particular?

In other words, if you did the fitting right now to get the fitting for free if you buy a putter, are you buying the Odyssey Triple Track 10 (for example) at $299, so the all in would be $299 for the putter and fitting? Or would they somehow get you into the TT 10 for $450 so you're paying more even with the free fitting?

It really will depend on what you are fit into. They have some unique shaft options as well as a few other things, but also I believe a number of pretty standard prices.

Great read! I'm still playing the first putter I bought off craigslist when I started playing and have been seriously considering a putter fitting. I mess around with a bunch of different putters in the pro shops but have no idea what the right putter is for me or even what kind of stroke I have.

Great read. I had a putter fitting at CC a few years ago. I wish we'd gotten a bit more into the technicalities of what each of the main putter characteristic did to my and in my swing. We looked at my data and tried a few different things, but in the end decided my stroke was fine with most putter types and that my gamer was as good of a fit as any other option. Still one of my favorite things about CC is they aren't just in it to sell you clubs. They aren't afraid tell you not to change.

This is my favorite article yet on THP. Very informative. Not long ago I did a putter fitting with GCQuad, and it was nothing like this. In fact it mostly ended up me geeking out over numbers as I rolled putters. I also very recently went through a non-technical "putter fitting" which was mostly about someone selling me one of their putters, but I did learn some helpful things. Overall however, there is much, much more for me to understand about how I putt and what I putt with. If I can bring my putting into line with the rest of my game, I am going to cry tears of joy. The putting part of my golf journey has not been easy.

I now want to go through this kind of putter fitting experience. Maybe someday when I start traveling again and can get to a Club Champion. Thanks. I actually bookmarked this one. I will refer back to it. (y)

Great read. I had a putter fitting at CC a few years ago. I wish we'd gotten a bit more into the technicalities of what each of the main putter characteristic did to my and in my swing. We looked at my data and tried a few different things, but in the end decided my stroke was fine with most putter types and that my gamer was as good of a fit as any other option. Still one of my favorite things about CC is they aren't just in it to sell you clubs. They aren't afraid tell you not to change.

Glad you had a good experience, like I did.

Oddly enough I did a Club Champion putter fitting July 20th when they were doing 50% off and picked up my putter today!

Was a great experience and I was fitted for a few options but chose the Taylormade Spider X slant neck.

In case people missed this part from the article, the entire month of September is Putter Fitting Month at Club Champion.

If you were planning one before or now that you have read this, we look forward to hearing how it goes.

I keep thinking about this one, its tempting

In case people missed this part from the article, the entire month of September is Putter Fitting Month at Club Champion.

If you were planning one before or now that you have read this, we look forward to hearing how it goes.
If only they let me leave country and come back without 14 day quarantine....I would be there in a heartbeat.
My boss is actually living in his jet hanger quarantining atm, he had to go to the states for work last week. Has it set up nicer than my house in his hanger so he's not roughing it for sure. Probably monitoring me making this comment :unsure: :D

That was such a good read. I've been trying to decide whether or not to go for a putter fitting and this may just have made my mind up for me. I've never been 100% confident that I was playing the right putter. My wallet won't thank me, but my scorecard might!

Booked a fitting for tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to what the data shows, I honestly have no idea other than what I like visually and feel wise.

Went to Club Champion in Jax Beach yesterday and had a putter fitting with Evan. Other than the SeeMore event several years ago, personally never had a putter fitting or anything similar. Just the typically roll at local store or blind purchases. Have a closet full of flat sticks these days.

My main objective was to try and figure out what type of putter and specs work best for me. First up getting the specs off my gamer, a Nike Method Mod 003. Then rolled a few putts to get a feel for the indoor green. Next was 7 rolls with the SAM set up.

The output was truly informative. It tracks your stroke and also provides a suggestion to assist with the fitting process. My swing was slightly outside in, add loft at impact and hit consistently just outside the center line (putter too short).

We reviewed the data and started talking what I like in putter and pulled some to test out. Club Champion has an EXTENSIVE selection.

Tried out a few Scotty's, PXG Mini Gunboat, Bettinardi, and some others. Narrowed down the group and set them up on the SAM to get data.

Only con i would say are the shop was in a busy strip mall and had a few walk ins come and ask questions and the fitter was pulled away to assist. Good for them to get the foot traffic but could get annoying for the customer having session interrupted.

Landed on the Scotty Phantom 8 @ 34.5" length 69* lie and 1* loft. Also going to build up the standard pistol grip a bit with extra wraps. Should be here in a few weeks, delivered to Club Champion and Evan will validate the specs and finish the build.

Enjoyed the fitting and found it very useful to understand my putting more now. Would suggest it for everyone if you are debating.

IMG_20200919_130906.jpg
IMG_20200919_135238.jpg
IMG_20200919_135902.jpg
IMG_20200919_135408.jpg
IMG_20200919_131807.jpg

Per a request, I am bumping this back up.
Good luck in your fitting.

Man, I want my new putter. 4-5 week build time is painful, only in week 3.

Looking forward to rolling it soonish....

Did anyone else take advantage of the free fitting in September (with order) ?

Putter is ready to be picked up. Will get it later today just in time for our last E9 game of the year.

This is going to happen in the coming months. No more messing around this season. After seeing @OITW putt lights out with a putter he was fit for I now know this needs to happen. Since my golf season is basically over here I'll likely do it in the next few months.

This is going to happen in the coming months. No more messing around this season. After seeing @OITW putt lights out with a putter he was fit for I now know this needs to happen. Since my golf season is basically over here I'll likely do it in the next few months.

Really looking forward to this dude, I think if you get the flatstick sorted out.... I get more pops :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

Really looking forward to this dude, I think if you get the flatstick sorted out.... I get more pops :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p
Haha I'll be sure to let everyone know. BUT the way you played you should have been giving me pops! 🤣

Haha I'll be sure to let everyone know. BUT the way you played you should have been giving me pops! 🤣

I had a goose egg on Saturday, and I didn't keep the Cobra putter in trunk for the Betti not to show up 🤷‍♂️

Back