The Corona Putt Out Challenge

for the people that are killing this, any alignment lines on the putting mat being used?

What’s next - making the hole bigger?
based on how many times it seems to ALMOST stay and then crush my dreams, that might just be the answer haha

crushing it. This test might be what helps me pick my top putters for 2020 haha
It’s fun. It’s got me using my mat again, put it out in the garage with my practice net and mat

15 :oops:

1-2-2-2-1-7. Guess that's decent. Got kinda lucky with the 2 on 4ft and 1 on the 5ft which previously had been the worst sections with teasing me and not staying in the micro target. I was up to 30 last time I had a little break to try and couldn't get the 6 to stick. After that run though, I kinda want to never do it again hah.

Editing to include the weapon of choice for this one: Odyssey SL 10s

Last edited:

1-2-2-2-1-7. Guess that's decent. Got kinda lucky with the 2 on 4ft and 1 on the 5ft which previously had been the worst sections with teasing me and not staying in the micro target. I was up to 30 last time I had a little break to try and couldn't get the 6 to stick. After that run though, I kinda want to never do it again hah.
That might be hard to beat! Great job!

Personally, I think anyone under 30, that’s very good. Anyone under 20, 2 of you I think, is outstanding. The good thing about this drill, is not only the fact you have to be accurate, but as you move back, so the pressure builds, especially if you are on to a good score.

And with the stark contrast of the day. Just completed another.

2-2-2-20-3-3 for 32. 😒. That 4ft putt just would. Not. Stay. Also with the Ody 10s.

Whilst we are all holed up keeping us and our families safe, time to work on our games.
Here is the Corona Putt Out challenge. You’ll need a putt out and a mat.
Starting at the 1 foot mark hit putts until you hole out at the micro target. Move back to the 2 foot mark and continue back to the 6 foot mark once you hit the micro target. Post how many putts you took to complete the challenge.
I’ll set (the rather easy) benchmark of 39 putts. All was going fine until I hit the 5 foot mark. No prizes, just bragging rights.
Ok, go........

don't have either.... :(

I’m addicted to this haha.

2-4-2-12-7-2: 29. That 4-5 footer for some reason is such a problem spot for me getting it to stay. So many close ones.

This time with my Toulon Columbus

I’m addicted to this haha.

2-4-2-12-7-2: 29. That 4-5 footer for some reason is such a problem spot for me getting it to stay. So many close ones.

This time with my Toulon Columbus
I just ordered the puttout trainer and mat..Can't wait to try

This is going to make me get a better mat, I think that's the issue.

Editing to include the weapon of choice for this one: Odyssey SL 10s
Beast mode!

Game on!

I just ordered the puttout trainer and mat..Can't wait to try
You're going to enjoy it. Been using mine all winter and still now. Trainer is a pretty solid piece. Nothing flimsy about it.

Just finished my best and don't know how I'm going to do better.
1ft - 4
2ft - 2
3ft - 2
4ft - 5
5ft - 1
6ft - 4
Total = 18
Felt unreal! Still three short of @cbaker2882 Man that score is good!
Don't even know how many times I've run through this

31. Getting consistent high 20’s low 30’s now. But I still find I will get at least one distance that holds me up each time. That’s the mental block, is after about 4 misses it turns bad. Great drill for this though, and the good thing is most of the misses are basically stuttering on the micro target but ultimately coming back down. Need to beat my 15!

2-8-2-4-10-5.

I might have to revisit this in a better surface. I was using my astro turf rug, it was moving there ball left and right before it even got to the trainer.

Damn damn damn
1ft - 2
2ft - 1
3ft - 1
4ft - 1
(though I had something special going)
5ft - 20 :cry:
6ft - 3
Total = 28
Boooo the five footers

Just posted my best score of 25. Getting pretty good at this. (y)

I just KNEW I shoulda went with the putt out....

I ordered a new putting mat, going to give this another shot when it comes in.

I'm waiting for my mat to get here from budget still..taking a crazy long time

Back