The Dark Knight Rises

I watched the blu-ray last night. I didn't remember this movie being as good as I thought it was last night. It is such a slow burn that just blows up and goes way over the top for the last 40 minutes.

Grrrr, need to see it again. I thought it was pretty good the first time, i'll bet it's even better the second time.

Nerf picked it up for me the other day. Sadly I've watched it 3 times already. Once on DVD, once on Blu Ray, and once using the digital version at work.

that's pretty impressive right there.

If I ever get a night by myself I might go through the trilogy. Because they really do flow together well.

If I ever get a night by myself I might go through the trilogy. Because they really do flow together well.

that they do and that's something I really liked about the 3 of them together.

that they do and that's something I really liked about the 3 of them together.

Spoiler
I still hate the rope in the climb out of the pit. I feel like that fall with just the rope would kill a person, much less damage a man recovering from a severely slipped disk.

I saw the midnight release of this and they showed all 3 in succession. It was awesome.

I liked the first one the best. Great film though.

I did too, but I've found that not many people share the same opinion.

Spoiler
I still hate the rope in the climb out of the pit. I feel like that fall with just the rope would kill a person, much less damage a man recovering from a severely slipped disk.

I agree blugold. Talk about snapping a spine.

I did too, but I've found that not many people share the same opinion.

It is hard, because the first one is a great movie in its own right but IMO The Dark Knight might be as close to perfection in film making as I have ever seen. I know there have been better movies out there but for my tastes in film watching this is the best film I have ever seen (shelter life with narrow movie watching habits-sure but it is just my opinion). It was such a brilliant story with superb acting. Heath Ledger portrayed one of the greatest characters on screen I have ever seen. The action and pace of the movie were excellent and the story telling was very complex and had you thinking the whole movie.

It is hard to believe that I would rank The Dark Knight Rises as 3rd in the list but I just don't think it is as good as the first two. But I have still watched it 3 times and have loved it every time.

It is hard, because the first one is a great movie in its own right but IMO The Dark Knight might be as close to perfection in film making as I have ever seen. I know there have been better movies out there but for my tastes in film watching this is the best film I have ever seen (shelter life with narrow movie watching habits-sure but it is just my opinion). It was such a brilliant story with superb acting. Heath Ledger portrayed one of the greatest characters on screen I have ever seen. The action and pace of the movie were excellent and the story telling was very complex and had you thinking the whole movie.

It is hard to believe that I would rank The Dark Knight Rises as 3rd in the list but I just don't think it is as good as the first two. But I have still watched it 3 times and have loved it every time.

There are two very simple reasons why Batman Begins is the 3rd best for me. First, Katie Holmes was terrible in the movie. I thought her acting was terrible in that movie. Second, Batman can't turn his head in BB. I don't know why, but that always bothers me.

There are two very simple reasons why Batman Begins is the 3rd best for me. First, Katie Holmes was terrible in the movie. I thought her acting was terrible in that movie. Second, Batman can't turn his head in BB. I don't know why, but that always bothers me.
Katie Holmes > Maggie Gyllenhall. The head turning was explained as a design problem which they fixed in the beginning of the second movie. The suit evolved to more pieces of different material. It left him vulnerable in places but allowed for more mobility. I actually like that they had an overall idea to not make everything perfect in the first movie and have him make improvements to his suit as time went along.

IMO, i think a lot of the reason BB was so good, was because of the anticipated hype. it's 3rd best for me.
Dark Knight has to be the best....Ledger as the Joker, nuff said. there is only one part i dislike though...when that mobster pulls a gun on Dent in the court room, man that is some horrible acting in the scene. watch it again. i've seen better gun action scenes on LMN.

Dark Knight rises is 2nd best for me. thought it was very well done and Bane was just a beast.
a few things though....
i was skeptical about Hathaway, but they wrote her character pretty bad-ass. so that turned out fine.
Bane's voice as first was comical, but then it grew on me as dark and fitting. wasn't a huge fan of
Spoiler
how he died though

i too agree with others, that the rope fall would re-injure, if not kill him...3 times was it? jeez.

something to note....Dark Knight Rises was pretty much Inception 2, haha

I've watched it a few times now, and I still don't like Hathaway in that role. She's just too squeaky clean for that part

Just watched Inception again the other day. Forgot how good of a movie that was.

Katie Holmes > Maggie Gyllenhall. The head turning was explained as a design problem which they fixed in the beginning of the second movie. The suit evolved to more pieces of different material. It left him vulnerable in places but allowed for more mobility. I actually like that they had an overall idea to not make everything perfect in the first movie and have him make improvements to his suit as time went along.

I know about the suit evolution. It was addressed in the second because when they were making the first, the costume designers didn't know how to make it work, so they wrote it in. To each their own with Holmes and Gyllenhall. I liked the acting better from Gyllenhall.

IMO, i think a lot of the reason BB was so good, was because of the anticipated hype. it's 3rd best for me.
Dark Knight has to be the best....Ledger as the Joker, nuff said. there is only one part i dislike though...when that mobster pulls a gun on Dent in the court room, man that is some horrible acting in the scene. watch it again. i've seen better gun action scenes on LMN.

Dark Knight rises is 2nd best for me. thought it was very well done and Bane was just a beast.
a few things though....
i was skeptical about Hathaway, but they wrote her character pretty bad-ass. so that turned out fine.
Bane's voice as first was comical, but then it grew on me as dark and fitting. wasn't a huge fan of
Spoiler
how he died though

i too agree with others, that the rope fall would re-injure, if not kill him...3 times was it? jeez.

I though Bane's death was perfect, after thinking about it. He is very boisterous and theatrical. Very in your face, but planned out and calculating. To die so un ceremoniously was a very counter-point. It fit perfectly.

Also, Caine, Bale, Gordan-Levitt, Cotillard, and Chillian Murphy have all worked a lot with Nolan. Nolan, like all directors, reuses a lot of actors across many films. That doesn't surprise me.

Also, Caine, Bale, Gordan-Levitt, Cotillard, and Chillian Murphy have all worked a lot with Nolan. Nolan, like all directors, reuses a lot of actors across many films. That doesn't surprise me.

Don't forget Hardy!

I though Bane's death was perfect, after thinking about it. He is very boisterous and theatrical. Very in your face, but planned out and calculating. To die so un ceremoniously was a very counter-point. It fit perfectly.

interesting take on that. didn't think of it like that, or even how i would've liked it to pan out really....

yeah dude. not saying it's a bad thing at all, and don't forget about Hardy.
i wish i could claim relation to Nolan, but sadly, there is none...

interesting take on that. didn't think of it like that, or even how i would've liked it to pan out really....

I agree. That is just how I interpreted that chain of events. Bane was the main villian, but still a villian. And there is no reason to celebrate a villian with a suiting death. That sort of idea.

I would much rather have enjoyed it if Bane would have survived and seen the plan fail. But it was the final film in the series, gotta tie up loose ends and all.

I still can't believe i never went to see this in the theater. Dumb.

Hopefully the Blu-Ray comes my way form my B-Day next week though.

I agree. That is just how I interpreted that chain of events. Bane was the main villian, but still a villian. And there is no reason to celebrate a villian with a suiting death. That sort of idea.

I would much rather have enjoyed it if Bane would have survived and seen the plan fail. But it was the final film in the series, gotta tie up loose ends and all.

Loose ends? What about the whole Robin thing at the end? That's a pretty huge loose end.

It was the final film in the series by Chris Nolan and Christian Bale but I think they are still planning on making more. I am sure they will be terrible but I believe thats the plan.

Loose ends? What about the whole Robin thing at the end? That's a pretty huge loose end.
No sure it was a loose end, don't really expect much to come of it. Can't really see JGL pulling off a Robin movie on his own. Kinda like Shia LaBouf taking the Indy hat at the end of the last movie, don't see much coming from it in the future.

I agree, but Nolan isn't making any other Batman movies.

It was the final film in the series by Chris Nolan and Christian Bale but I think they are still planning on making more. I am sure they will be terrible but I believe thats the plan.

Warner Brothers is definately making more. They made too much money not to. Just not with Nolan or Bale. I would imagine it will be a reboot, similar to what we saw with Spider-man this year.

I agree, but Nolan isn't making any other Batman movies.

Warner Brothers is definitely making more.

I know. But I wonder if (or how much) Warner brothers paid Nolan to leave that there. A perfect segue into millions of dollars for WB.

Warner Brothers is definately making more. They made too much money not to. Just not with Nolan or Bale. I would imagine it will be a reboot, similar to what we saw with Spider-man this year.

Me kinda hopes they don't and just start a new Nightwing franchise and try to lure Nolan back in. Just my idea.

Back