Oh yes, a well noticed drop in the 3. I looked at Melissa and said good news, the drone I'll eventually buy just got a heck of a lot cheaper.

I'm just glad the 4 isn't just minor performance tweaks.

This is the exact thing I said to my wife before I bought mine. She rolled her eyes and sighed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But admit it, it would be awesome.

Heck yeah it'd be awesome, even if they both exploded into a million pieces when they collided.

That's pretty cool.

That's pretty cool.

I saw it on one of the YouTube channels I watch. The guys at Flite Test demoed the software and put up a little review about it.

About time someone got serious about drones:

Pretty cool, this kind of tech just fascinates me!
[h=1]US Navy's solar drone flies from and lands on water[/h][h=2]It could be used to hunt for enemy submarines.[/h]
aqua-quad.jpg

Pretty cool, this kind of tech just fascinates me!

aqua-quad.jpg

That's awesome.

If they ever ship my Lily, the first thing I'm going to do is throw it in the water and watch it take off.

Seems the ponder has turned into a purchase that will be here sometime early next week.

No, I will not be participating in Drone Wars...

Seems the ponder has turned into a purchase that will be here sometime early next week.

No, I will not be participating in Drone Wars...

Lies. Drone wars are happening.

Lies. Drone wars are happening.

Drone jousting just seems like it would be greatly frowned upon by the community and spouses. Mostly spouses.

Drone jousting just seems like it would be greatly frowned upon by the community and spouses. Mostly spouses.

If you don't tell the spouses you have drones they'll never know about drone wars.

Sounds like excuses

I saw it on one of the YouTube channels I watch. The guys at Flite Test demoed the software and put up a little review about it.

This is pretty cool! Not that I need a 3D Map of my house or anything, but I think it's neat this is out there.

So I jumped into this arena recently. Got a tiny Hubsan X4 to fly in the yard and to let the kids fly some (under supervision of course). You guys make flying these way easier than it actually is! Biggest issue is getting turned around and not knowing which way is forward after a time. This thing is a tough little bugger it's already taken a few bounces! For $35 though nothing to complain about!

So I jumped into this arena recently. Got a tiny Hubsan X4 to fly in the yard and to let the kids fly some (under supervision of course). You guys make flying these way easier than it actually is! Biggest issue is getting turned around and not knowing which way is forward after a time. This thing is a tough little bugger it's already taken a few bounces! For $35 though nothing to complain about!

If yours doesn't have lights to help designate, put a sticker or something on the back of the drone so you'll always know which way is which.

I had a hubsan and a phantom. Phantom is a lot easier to fly. Just hovers when you let the control sticks go but hubsan is great to learn the basic controls.

Drone project today is to remove the gimbal and install the quad cam survey rig so we can resurvey the course this week. Can't wait to tear into this thing, since I havent had it apart yet. :D

3dr Solo gimbal by Erik, on Flickr

Quad cam mount by Erik, on Flickr

Hey that looks fun, and that quad camera looks leeggiiittt

I talked my work into buying a few Phantoms last year. I basically sold them on the idea that we could use them to visually inspect areas that would normally cost us thousands in scaffolding to get to. They've paid for themselves 1000X over easily.

Back