that was a cool way to use a drone.

that was a cool way to use a drone.
Yeah I thought so too. Given how much I love tuna fishing, I really wanna take a drone out there any try this.

Deleted....

Last edited:
Received, charged, flight simulated to get a feel for it. I think tomorrow sounds like a good day for flying.

Received, charged, flight simulated to get a feel for it. I think tomorrow sounds like a good day for flying.
What are you going to video?

What are you going to video?

How to crash violently into a tree and waste several hundred dollars. It's a greek tragedy.

Honestly, I have no idea yet. I'll probably just fly it around and hope I don't crash the damn thing.

Took it for a couple flights, but had to be somewhat careful as it was a little windy. Almost auto landed it on my roof, which lead to a 5 second panic or so. Thought I'd have a fun video of my neighborhood from 100ft to enjoy and then realized I never hit the record button. Just a 5min sightseeing view with nothing to enjoy.

Hardest part is trying to remember which way it's facing and then remembering the controls when facing that way. The lights help, but not when the sun is in your eyes. Just need some practice on the sim to make it a little more intuitive but this is pretty darn fun.

Drone Wars Are Coming.

Let me get the hang of flying AF1 (Air Fritters 1) a bit more before we start doing races and trying to shoot each other out of the air with roman candles. Right now I'm in training wheels mode on a tricycle. I saw dragon flies zipping up to it looking at it and I thought they were going to take it down or get chopped up by a propeller. The latter would have been pretty awesome.

I'm assuming the in flight snack on Air Fritters 1 is unfrosted Pop Tarts

Good tip... buy extra propellers. Alot of em.

I'm assuming the in flight snack on Air Fritters 1 is unfrosted Pop Tarts

It's actually airplane pretzels that I didn't eat... Or took from sleeping passengers.

I SOOOOO want one of these....just can't seem to find a way to justify it

"Would you rather me go play golf? Or go buzz around for 20 or so minutes?"

Stumped the Mrs with that one big time hehe

It's educational, I gave 3 kids a drone tutorial at the park today. Educating Americas youth one flight at a time.

Oh yeah, it's fun!

Game changer...

http://www.dji.com/mavic

My preorder is in, can't wait until they ship.

It looks really cool. I need to wait and see how the GPS system works. I've had to stick with the Phantom 2 for work purposes. I use mine for alot of boiler inspections and I could never get the 3 to work for my inspections due to the positioning system locking me out if it can't link to a satellite.

It looks really cool. I need to wait and see how the GPS system works. I've had to stick with the Phantom 2 for work purposes. I use mine for alot of boiler inspections and I could never get the 3 to work for my inspections due to the positioning system locking me out if it can't link to a satellite.

I have the Phantom 3 Advanced, and was looking at the Mavic today for fun. Both the Mavic and the Go Pro one look interesting.

I have the Phantom 3 Advanced, and was looking at the Mavic today for fun. Both the Mavic and the Go Pro one look interesting.
I bought a phantom 3 vision last year and it wouldn't let me calibrate it if I got anywhere near a metal structure. And it wouldn't fly without a satellite signal. Looks like the mavic can so I'll be looking into talking my boss in to buying one.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The only thing the Karma really has going for it is the GoPro camera you can detach and use for other things. Drone wise, imho, Mavic blows it out of the sky. Plus you have DJIs proven tech vs GoPros first drone.

For $750 if you just want to use your phone to fly it over wifi, Mavic is a great deal.

I stumbled across the Mavic yesterday and must say that thing looks incredible. They took all the cool stuff with the GoPro and made it better. I think that the Mavic finally stepped into the arena of a complete, user friendly drone. I'd love to get one, not sure if its in the cards though.

Pretty cool!
Fan Builds A Dementor Drone To Terrorize The Neighborhood
Untitled-1-4.jpg
Cu7dcXYWgAAl5N9.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.brendemihlirvine/videos/10209682894380730/
https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.brendemihlirvine/videos/10209682869460107/

i got a micro quad copter for christmas and now Im looking at buying a better outdoor worthy drone.

my research has led me to the Syma X5C-1. it has high reviews for being a beginner/budget friendly intro to drone flying.

anyone have any experience with this model? Any recommendations to consider for a sub $100 drone?

I think I may pick one up for my bday for the kids to play with, trying to decide if I should get a go pro model or just one for fun.

Side note: there are a few, with what look like decent reviews, for under $100, knowing that my kids will be playing with it and/or crashing it! Is a cheaper alternative a decent start?

Back